Sammie's Not Doing So Well..... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:) If you have any pretty pictures of the area, I'd love to see them. You can pm me! :)

Oh...my dad just corrected me. He is half Sicilian & half Pumintes. I doubt I spelled that right...???

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Edit for above....anything. (good 'ol autocorrect not cooperating!)

OK gang, I have news from the test results. It came back as inflammation!
So, we still need to find out what's behind it. I will be dropping her off tomorrow morning for the liver aspiration. Then, hopefully we will know something.

Thankfully she ate good today w/o an appetite stimulant! I hope she will eat dinner well too, because I don't want to have to give her an appetite stimulant that late (even though it's only a 1/4 Cypro) in the day, because she can't have anything to eat after midnight tonight. So fingers crossed she eats her dinner!!

sheridragonfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kelly
We took Bro to the vet today and he is treating him as of today for inflammation
with antibiotics by mouth for 10 days , anti inflammatory shot today and anti nausea med for 5 days...We will see if this takes care of the throwing up clear liquid once a day vomiting and his distress...for the past 2 weeks or 3.
If not then it may be cancer or something that we can not see on examination
we did not do ultrasound and xray..due the vet is trying this approach to save us money...first..he is a good vet and one that can do a lot of hands on without charging hundreds of dollars at first or second visit...However no pet insurance as not affordable to most of us...this visit was much less with him than most other vets charge.. Hope Sammie does much better..Posted this so you and others can see it..Sheri and Bro

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, you're in Italy! I'm half Italian!
(My dad, 1/2 Sicilian & 1/2 Neopolitian).
It's one of my "dream vacations" I'd love to be able to do some day.....
Can Antonio65 get me a Maserati Quattroporte Gran Lusso (dark blue exterior, dark gray interior) fully loaded, with silk seats, really, really cheaply? You know how badly I want one!

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I have a question for you all.
Anyone here have pet insurance? I know there was a thread here on it a while BK that I am sure I saved. I'm just wondering if I got some today, if anything coming up would be covered. Since we don't technaly have a diagnosis yet...? I'm sure it depends on the company. I think Pets best was one of the recommended ones here.
Any info or feedback would be great.
IF I can even make it happen today, since we only have 30 minutes until 5:00. Not sure how those companies hrs are.
Thanks!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Inflammation is better than cancer. You won't have to go down that road again. Sammie's a young cat. She will fully recover.
I pray so! We still need to find out what's behind it, & the fact that there's a mass on her liver. I do feel a little better, but not completely exhaled yet.....
Also, if w have to do surgery, it's going to be expensive. I will forever be paying on this care credit.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this, if anyone is interested. There is a waiting period, so not sure that it would help me now, but I am going to call & spas to someone now.

Ok, just called, & as suspected, if I got any today, none of it would be covered because it's considered preexisting. :thud: Once we get through this, I will look at getting some. It's approx $25-$30 a month, depending on the deductible & plan you choose.
After going through what I went through with Angel (lymphoma) & now this with Sammie, I'd highly recommend getting some if you can. It could save you tons in the long run!!

Top 10 Pet Insurance Sites

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, she hasn't touched her dinner. I don't want to give her a Cypro because she can't eat after midnight, & don't want her to be hungry. Was only giving her 1/4 of one. Any advice?? If I can manage to cut the 1/4 in half do you think it would be ok??

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, she hasn't touched her dinner. I don't want to give her a Cypro because she can't eat after midnight, & don't want her to be hungry. Was only giving her 1/4 of one. Any advice?? If I can manage to cut the 1/4 in half do you think it would be ok??
Can she not eat after midnight because of a procedure tomorrow? Does the vet have a line you can call now and ask?
If it were me and I wasn't sure, i'd probably skip the meds for now and just leave the food out until you go to bed then pick it up to make sure she doesn't eat overnight. If she's not eating now, odds are she'll only be a little hungry tomorrow.
:wave3:
Worse case, the medicine for whatever reason doesn't kick in until after midnight when the food is gone and then she IS hungry.
She's a cutie for sure...looks a lot like our Queen Bee we have here. :redheartpump:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can she not eat after midnight because of a procedure tomorrow? Does the vet have a line you can call now and ask?
If it were me and I wasn't sure, i'd probably skip the meds for now and just leave the food out until you go to bed then pick it up to make sure she doesn't eat overnight. If she's not eating now, odds are she'll only be a little hungry tomorrow.
:wave3:
Worse case, the medicine for whatever reason doesn't kick in until after midnight when the food is gone and then she IS hungry.
She's a cutie for sure...looks a lot like our Queen Bee we have here. :redheartpump:
No, no after hrs number to call, but I agree. I actually got her to eat a little bit. Of course right after I posted. "Kitties" :rolleyes:
She was up on her tree, so I put the dish up there in front of her & that worked for a little bit. I split 1/2 of a 3 oz can for breakfast & dinner, so was the other half for dinner.
She's been eating the Beyond. This one was the wild Alaskan salmon & spinach.
Now if I can get her to eat some more before midnight ( or probably like 11-11:30) that would be good.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as I know, small fractions of Cypro pill have no effects.
I mean, 1/4 a day is the minimum dosage for a cat, and below that it isn't working at all. This is what the vets told me when I needed to give it to my cat.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can Antonio65 get me a Maserati Quattroporte Gran Lusso (dark blue exterior, dark gray interior) fully loaded, with silk seats, really, really cheaply? You know how badly I want one!
I live not far from they are produced, and until a few months ago I used to see several car carriers a day loaded with cars like that.
I could have stopped one of those carriers and grabbed a car for you :lol:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully, she did end up eating about 1/2 or a little more of her dinner. I broke up a couple of her treats & put on top at 11:00
Last night, to get her to eat a little more.
I hate not being able to feed her this morning, since she is ready for some food.
She's just drinking her water.
I've already gotten emotional this morning when I was giving her some cuddles, & then in washing my face. I just hate leaving her there today, & I hate anestisia. Hopefully she shouldn't be under long for just an asperation. Pick up isn't usually until 4:00. I'll have to ask about that. At least I will be working today to keep me busy.
Two small jobs, so should be done by 2:00.
Cleaning a small place at the beach, & then my acupuncturist office.
Need lots of prayers today!! :grouphug2:

Status
Not open for further replies.