Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They look so sweet!

What a great save on her part. They were clearly dumped in the road. So cruel! :(

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! Poor things! I am excited to get them, I feel like we haven't had young (social) kittens in a while! Lol. We had a bunch that went on that rescue run but they were only here for a night lol.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She pretty much does have Van markings, doesn't she? I am so kittensmitten! If Hekitty and my lease would allow, I'd be on that right now!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
A rescue we work with sometimes a couple hours away just posted about these babies and mom that they are getting from a residential area this week. THEY ARE GORGEOUS. They have a feral cat sanctuary so they deal mostly with ferals, not as much with sociable kittens. They are working on trapping them this week and I told them I can take the babies... If mom is truly feral she will be spayed and stay at their feral farm. Mom and at least one of the kittens (the tortie) are bobtails. The kittens from what I can tell are long haired...
I am a glutton for punishment lol BUT LOOK HOW PRETTY
FB_IMG_1512860571128.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So she has caught three of the babies so far, I am waiting for pictures. Just the momma and one baby left to go, she is hoping to get them tomorrow. The three babies she already got are going to go in for vaccines, combo tests, and spays/neuters. It is so awesome when they can have all of that done before they come to us!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh it has been an incredible journey Ceeedge Ceeedge this site has so inspired me. I came here at the beginning of my rescue career, well actually I had thought that I had some experience with these things but boy was I wrong! Throughout the year and a half that I have been a part of this site I have gained so much experience and knowledge. It has been incredible. I have been so inspired, I think that without this site there is no way that I would have been able to help as many cats as I have... I certainly wouldn't take on as many pregnant cats! And my feral cat work has exploded! Have you read that thread? It is a roller coaster as well lol. Not as long.

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am working on the feral thread for sure... but needed to get some sleep and work in because how else am I going to pay for all these cats? We are doing foster and TNR on a much smaller scale, and I am stealing all sorts of little tips and tricks from ya! I will certainly be using kfc for trapping in the future if I have issue. :biggrin:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
FB_IMG_1512776544106.jpg
FB_IMG_1512776546386.jpg
FB_IMG_1512776548568.jpg

These three cuties might all be pending adoption now (fingers crossed!) which is great because we need to make room for the incoming long haired feral kittens I posted about a couple days ago.. I haven't heard from the rescue who is trapping them (since they are a couple of hours away from me) today but I think they still just have three of them... they still need the mom and one more kitten... they sent me pictures of two of them after they got home from their spays/neuters. Not the best pictures, but they are cuties!
received_10215348208566783.jpeg
received_10215348211046845.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you KNOW how easily you could turn me into a REAL crazy cat lady? Although I still maintain that that is a state of mind that has little to do with the number of cats one actually lives with.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Ok guys, I am going CRAZY! Do you remember Domino and Durango? I am not sure if I had posted them on here or not... They are mostly white brothers with just a black/gray spot on their head. They are nearly identical. We pulled them from a shelter in the southern part of the state when they were about 4 months old, probably a little closer to 5 months. That was in August. They were *supposed* to be neutered a couple of months ago but they had URI's and the vet said it was a high risk. Domino went with us on our last trip with ferals and he got neutered. Durango still is not neutered yet. I haven't had an intact male cat in my house in a while. He is driving me CRAZY. Willow (my former feral that I was fostering and decided to adopt) is going through one of her phases that I call sympathy heat. I know I mentioned it before on here, she is spayed but they must have left a bit of tissue behind because usually when another cat goes into heat she does too, and she is the WORST. Screaming all day and what not. Well now it is even worse because Durango keeps trying to mount her and bite her which makes her scream louder, so I go separate them and then he goes and does it to his brother Domino. I guess I am going to have to separate him somehow... crate him until she is done or figure out if he can go in one of the bedrooms with the other cats... The issue is that Domino and Durango have SO MUCH energy. Like they bounce off the walls playing. So confining him is going to be an issue. My next spay/neuter day trip isn't scheduled until April... I am going to have to figure something else out lol.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ugh. Durango needs neutering. Hopefully a donation will cover it soon. Poor guy, he must be so frustrated. No fun for you either.

I remember Willow well! :)