Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH GOD! I wish I had something to send you, in the worst way! Should PCH grace my doorway anytime soon (NOT holding my breath), I'll underwrite Durango's surgery.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
GUYS. I know that I am young. But I am growing very weary. I hate people.
SOMEONE LEFT THESE TINY BABIES IN A STORAGE BIN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD TODAY.
IMG_5939.jpg
IMG_5938.jpg
IMG_5929.jpg

There were 5 in total but the finder kept two of them. If they are big enough to go on the rescue run tomorrow (the one we have sent several kittens to this year) then they will be going! If not they will be going to a foster! My battery in my scale died so we arent able to weigh them until the morning!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They're so adorable. At least they're safe now. Thanks for ALL you do. Happy New Year! :catlove:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They look about 6 weeks. Poor kitties! Hopefully they were not out long.

Thankfully they are safe now. Their poor mama kitty too is probably missing them. :(

Hard to know what is in people's minds sometimes. :/

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I think they are 8ish weeks. They weighed almost 2 lbs. We actually had a last minute rescue transport this morning to that rescue in Maryland that pulls cats and kittens from us so we went ahead and sent them there to find their forever homes! We were also able to send three 6 month old kittens that were on our waitlist to come to us and two of our momma cats Mary and Jill! Which means for this moment we only have 12 cats! Craziness! We are taking on the two moms of the 6 month old kittens but thankfully the person who has them is going to foster them! We just need to get some funds together for their spays! They were strays that this girl took in pregnant. They had 6 kittens each, these three were the last three she had. The moms are beautiful, I will share a picture when I can one is a calico and one is a brown tabby.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad that you are getting a tiny "break"! Although in most people's world "just" and "12 cats" would never be used in the same sentence! You rescuers are remarkable. HUGS!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We also have 4 GORGEOUS 6ish month old cats on our waitlist to come to us. One is a black and white with a mustache... all look to be medium/long hair. I need to start up another fundraiser for spays/neuters. I cant take any more in until I have some resources to get them altered. Glad that we were able to send two of our adult mommas on this run to give us a little more breathing room!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Also... never a break for long. We were notified about a cat hanging out, starving and freezing at a gas station. The finder thinks she may be pregnant (I hear that a lot and they often times are not though). So we had someone stop and pick her up, she said she is super sweet and came right up to her. So she is warm now and in the girl's laundry room. We will be picking her up in the morning.
This is her.
Screenshot_20180102-225347.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Also these are the GORGEOUS 6-7 month old kittens that I was saying are on our waitlist. I need to get money together to spay/neuter them... or I am hoping that there is another rescue trip going to Maryland soon and these guys can go! They are SO pretty though!
Screenshot_20171229-214749.jpg
Screenshot_20171229-214752.jpg
Screenshot_20171229-214755.jpg
Screenshot_20171229-214759.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kittens are GORGEOUS!!!!

The gas station kitty looks so young! Thank goodness she has been rescued.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow, that tuxedo is REALLY striking with that white mustache! And if my landlord and H. Renee would allow it, I'd take that beautiful black baby in a heartbeat!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
THANK GOODNESS! You need another new litter like Washington needs more politicians! (hang out all day, take up resources, do nothing...but at least the kittens are CUTE!)

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Getting a momma and 5 two week old babies tomorrow! Stray momma all babies are tabby! I will post a picture when they send one to us. I will only have them for the day (hopefully) then they are going to one of our wonderful foster homes! We will flea treat and worm momma and hopefully my vet can squeeze us in to combo test the momma tomorrow! I don't want to take her to the foster until she is tested.