Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
just got caught up in this thread. Oh I just wanted to smash things when I saw the BS you had to deal with. I am so very sorry for all the losses this month. Hoping things go better..and that woman gets back to you asap about the kittens..people continue to amaze me. It's getting worse isn't it?! I don't even want to see what our world will be like in 20 years. OMG the world will be full of selfish ignorant people with the rest of us trying to clean up the messes made by irresponsible people...my heart is breaking for you. Thank you for all you do.

By the way I swung by and left a review on there- I think the rest of us helped get those ratings back up there. POOPOO to those annoying whiney little B. Did you ever tell the vet that she was harassing you?? Where I work-harassment is a BIG NO NO,

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
The Mount Clare kittens- the sick ones- have an appointment at my vet Thursday night! I am told they are friendly. We are picking them up tomorrow evening. Thank you foxxycat foxxycat for the review and donation towards the vetting! It will go towards these new sick kittens! Things are going... better here!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful news! Hopefully you can take a look at all the kittens in the litter, and mama too, and take everyone who needs to go at the same time on Thursday.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So happy that you have a pick up for those kittens. I've been fretting a bit about them.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my. So just got a plea from a shelter we work with. They took in 42 cats/kittens TODAY. They have 8 nursing moms. Working to figure something out now. Ugh.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, goodness. Thankfully, the 8 nursing moms are safe. Let us know what you work out. What a busy summer for you!

You need a spay/neuter crusade during the "off" months as prevention.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We are working on pulling this mom and babies, the babies look GORGEOUS.
Screenshot_20170725-205449.png
Screenshot_20170725-205254.png

We do work a lot on spaying and neutering on our off months. This shelter is a couple of hours away from me. The counties down south don't have as many spay neuter programs. And no one cares it seems. Sigh.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Have some faith. A few years ago there was nothing out here let alone anything for cats. We now have several TNR and foundations that provide low cost or free S/N

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Caught two of the woodpile feral kittens tonight! We were originally told that there was 2 kittens, there are at least 4! Glad we have these two so far!
20170725_222345.jpg
20170725_222256.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Have some faith. A few years ago there was nothing out here let alone anything for cats. We now have several TNR and foundations that provide low cost or free S/N
I don't even think the issue in these counties is lack of programs. I think that there is a lack of programs because there is no interest in it. I have had people in that area tell me when I ask why they didn't spay/neuter their cats. "I thought we would just enjoy the kittens for a few weeks and then we could put them out in our barn, but now we have 20 cats and it is too many so you need to take care of them before we do". There definitely is a missing element of education about the pros of spaying and neutering. It is so frustrating.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even think the issue in these counties is lack of programs. I think that there is a lack of programs because there is no interest in it. I have had people in that area tell me when I ask why they didn't spay/neuter their cats. "I thought we would just enjoy the kittens for a few weeks and then we could put them out in our barn, but now we have 20 cats and it is too many so you need to take care of them before we do". There definitely is a missing element of education about the pros of spaying and neutering. It is so frustrating.
You hit the nail there. Yes there is a changing attitude here that was just nonexistent for decades.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Just to show you how hard it is for these shelters to get adoptive homes. Meet May and June.
FB_IMG_1500672771116.jpg

FB_IMG_1500672812346.jpg
These beautiful adult girls have been at this shelter (the one that just got 40+ cats today) for several MONTHS waiting for their homes. They are fully vetted and their adoption fee is donation based. Meaning you can go in with $1 and adopt them. And they have just been waiting there. They are so pretty. We have someone interested in adopting two of our adults so I am hoping that pans out and I can maybe take at least one of them. This shelter was already full before they took all of these cats and kittens today. Is it winter yet? lol

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow I would help adopt if I was closer=in the fall going to add to the cat home-despite another person telling me no=but I want a buddy for Honeybee=she wants to play with pumps but she's 14 now and just not interested=I wish I had a bigger home=those girls are absolutely gorgeous!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those Calicos I am in love oh my goodness=sending pic to Jon=I know he will get upset-but what if I could adopt another kitty or two?! Won't be able to do anything until September=until I know what's going on with the job situation-just hope someone gives those cats a good home. So sad that it's now norm to have 5-6 cats where years ago 2 or 3 was norm. I would love to have 5 cats-but I think Honeybee would be one p off cat if she had to share me..she slept on me last night for a bit---she gets jealous...that's why I was thinking about kittens but I don't have the patience for kittens-they need a lot of help and eyeballs to keep them out of trouble..thank you for what you do...we need more people like you.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Those Calicos I am in love oh my goodness=sending pic to Jon=I know he will get upset-but what if I could adopt another kitty or two?! Won't be able to do anything until September=until I know what's going on with the job situation-just hope someone gives those cats a good home. So sad that it's now norm to have 5-6 cats where years ago 2 or 3 was norm. I would love to have 5 cats-but I think Honeybee would be one p off cat if she had to share me..she slept on me last night for a bit---she gets jealous...that's why I was thinking about kittens but I don't have the patience for kittens-they need a lot of help and eyeballs to keep them out of trouble..thank you for what you do...we need more people like you.
One of the reasons so many current cat owners choose a kitten is they are easier to integrate into a house especially if you have a dominant cat that isn't going to accept an adult well. At the same time these rescues often have large numbers of cats living together peacefully without all the riff raff and hair pulling we see here on so many threads. There must be a secret or maybe we all overthink the whole thing.