Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Weights from this morning...
Gains are from the morning before!
O1 103 (+8)
O2 141 (+24)
O3 134 (+21)
G 120 (+17)
B1 148 (+15)
B2 112 (+18)
T 113 (+13)
Pretty good gains! I didn't get to supplement but a few times since I worked overtime, but momma is doing a great job!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! I'm impressed. Keep an eye out though. They are gaining well, but are not very big yet.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I know! I am a little surprised by the gains! She is such a good momma. Nurses around the clock! She loves KMR lol.
Also I just bought some miracle nipples and tried them today- I am not sure how I have never bought them before! They are amazing!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! I am a little surprised by the gains! She is such a good momma. Nurses around the clock! She loves KMR lol.
Also I just bought some miracle nipples and tried them today- I am not sure how I have never bought them before! They are amazing!
I looked at those but we bottle fed for such a short time it didn't seem worth it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Miracle nipples are just that - miracles. So like mom's.

Have you heard from the person with the kittens with eye infections yet? I'm worried for those kittens. :(

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So I gave the friend that contacted me my phone number last night and told her to give it to the girl and have her text me. I haven't heard anything all day so I messaged the friend. She said she gave her my number but had not heard from her all day so I messaged the friend and the friend said she had not heard from her because she (the friend) got married today and it had been really crazy. I told her I was worried about the one kitten needing serious help for its eye. She said she would try reaching out when she got a chance but I haven't heard anything else.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I know :( If I knew where they were located I would just go and get them. The other rescue agreed to take my three healthy older kittens if I could get the sick ones. I am just waiting around for someone to answer me.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Since tonight is her wedding night I hate to bug her again :/ She had said when I messaged her earlier that she would send her friend another message.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they get back to me tomorrow morning and we can go get them. I am hoping to head to the location of the woodpile kittens tomorrow and try to trap them tomorrow as well. If I am unsuccessful I am leaving traps with the person who contacted me and she will continue to attempt trapping.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Still haven't heard from the girl with the sick kittens :( I messaged her friend again and asked if she could send me the address and we could just go get them. She said she didn't know the address because she has never been to her house but that she would send her friend another message :( sigh.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately today we went a little too lax with our supplemental feeding (I slept most of the day) and our two smallest kittens lost a little bit. Hopefully we are able to get them back on track tomorrow!
These are their weights from tonight so the gains/losses are from 36 hours.
O1 97 (-6)
O2 156 (+15)
O3 149 (+15)
G 118 (-2)
B1 167 (+19)
B2 121 (+9)
T 137 (+24)
So obviously the runts are being bullied off, we will up our supplementing and rotate them a few more times a day.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Jill (black and white mom) and the anemic kitten have both been on Albon for 4 days now. They still have diarrhea. I am going to call my vet tomorrow and see if I can get some more metro to give them...
Great news! I have finally heard from the girl with sick kittens and am working on getting the two worst ones for now and getting them to my vet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hurray on the sick kittens! I hope their eyes will be okay.

Are they friendly enough to be handled?

I hope the metronidazole will help Jill and the anemic kitten. Poor kitties!