Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
They are here!
20170726_184527.jpg
20170726_184513.jpg

They actually look better than I was thinking. They are smaller than I Was thinking too. Treated for fleas, worms, and ear mites they should be feeling more comfortable soon!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are these the ones who are going to the vet tomorrow from the friend of a friend's house?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes these are the ones going to the vet tomorrow evening. They definitely have URI's, but not as bad as I was thinking thank goodness! The brown one's eye looks a lot better than I was thinking- I was so worried!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You're right! There was a kitten in the earlier picture whose eye looked terrible. Is this that kitten?

Did you get a look at mom and the other kittens? How do they look?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
These are the two kittens I had posted pictures of! I don't think I posted pictures of the rest of the family before.. I didn't personally get to see the rest of them because the girl didn't want to meet with me at her house. These two are very congested/sneezy though and the brown tabby that had the worst eyes in the pictures does have discharge still from the one that had been matted shut.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope you can see the others at some point. I fear they will be sick too.

There must be a reason why she did not want you to come to her house.

Last edited:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
They had a little discharge from their eyes in the other pictures but not as bad as these ones looked in the pictures. Who knows. I am sure they all need antibiotics. I just didn't have enough room to take them all :( I am hoping to find someone else who can take the others but I know the chances of that are slim.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Those two calicos are going to haunt my dreams now.
They have been haunting me for WEEKS.
Great news! They were adopted together today! The community there apparently came together and they had 20 cat adoptions today!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's wonderful. Three cheers for the community!!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
These two were definitely feeling more under the weather today!
IMG_3401.jpg
IMG_3404.jpg

The siamese boy is more congested than the girl, he had a slight fever while we were at the vet. They are on clavamox, tresaderm, and then terramyocin and they got intervecin for the ear mites today. They purred the entire time!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Meadow's babies are 8 days old! A few have their eyes open already! The little orange one in the first picture is our runt- he is gaining very slowly. I would post weights but my scale has decided to die so I need to go buy some batteries but didn't get a chance to since we were at the vet this evening. As of right now I think all are boys except for the tortie and the two black ones! It is so hard to tell at this age though lol.
IMG_3435.jpg
IMG_3441.jpg
IMG_3445.jpg
IMG_3449.jpg
IMG_3451.jpg
IMG_3459.jpg
IMG_3472.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We also went to our one foster home to get pictures of these cuties!
IMG_3482.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3495.jpg
IMG_3497.jpg
IMG_3501.jpg
IMG_3504.jpg
IMG_3509.jpg
IMG_3511.jpg
IMG_3521.jpg
IMG_3547.jpg
IMG_3551.jpg

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I am working on buying things to add to my isolation/quarantine/feral cat cages to make them more enjoyable for the cats. I ordered the bowls that clip on to the side so they are less messy. I am going to get those cage hammocks to put one in each one. I also ordered one of those bins I talked about buying before and cutting a hole in it to see how they work out. I am thinking they will enjoy it because it will let them have a little cave/bed and then a shelf on top. I am thinking that I can even put the food and water bowl on the cage at the top of the bin to give them a little more floor space for toys. And the litter box of course. Any other ideas of things to put in there? Anything that goes in there really needs to be bleachable/ easily replaced since these are my quarantine cages. I am thinking if I have space left over I will put one of the cheap little scratchers in there too. But I would have to throw them away every time I put a new cat in the cage... I will post pictures after I get the tote and put it in one of them and let you know how it looks! Any other ideas are welcome!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We are planning on getting one of the bedrooms deep cleaned and moving Meadow and her 7 babies up to a room in the house tomorrow! We are getting the tabby mom and babies on Sunday, they will go in a crate in the garage for a few days just to make sure mom doesn't have any vomiting or diarrhea then they will move up to a room in the house too!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And I keep falling in love again, and again, and again. This time mainly the bitty tortie, and of the pics from the foster home, that precious one with the van markings.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
The new family is here! And they are gorgeous! I am still a little confused by their colors! They look colorpoint!
IMG_3691.jpg
IMG_3693.jpg
IMG_3695.jpg
IMG_3705.jpg
IMG_3716.jpg
IMG_3718.jpg
IMG_3720.jpg
IMG_3732.jpg
IMG_3735.jpg
IMG_3754.jpg
IMG_3756.jpg