Remembering Krista

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DAD! Wake up! My plate is EMPTY!!! SOS! :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: I have the need to feed!!!
Between the lymphoma and the steroids, she did have the need to feed. I'm not certain how much enjoyment she was getting out of it vs. trying to fill a sack with a hole in the bottom. 😿 She was so quiet and polite about this sometimes. I would walk in from the office or pop out of bed and wonder, "where did she go and why is she so quiet?" 😹😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The *purrrrrrrrrMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR* gets me every time.* :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob:
I call that her trilling meow or Trill Meow. I have extracted that sound from this particular video and turned it into a sound file for various Apple Shortcuts on my phone. When I open Safari or Instagram (both for her as I only use Safari for TCS and Chrome for everything else), one of those "Shortcuts" is a constantly evolving program that will choose a random number and perform a modulo 3 (integer remainder of a divide by 3 operation, e.g. 0, 1, or 2.) Based on the result, it will either play the Trill, the Trill Meow, or neither. I get to still hear her trilling noises, somewhat randomly, despite our separation. 😻 I've also configured the double tap and triple tap features to play one or the other. These are more amusing because sometimes setting my phone down will trigger one or the other and I have to placate my phone that just gave me a very insistent trilling meow. "Indeed, lil one!" 😻 My latest addition to these shortcuts is to run them only when connected to my home network. I was waiting to get into a store due to covid capacity restrictions. I opened Safari to check TCS while waiting and "purrrrmeeeowwwwr!" The guy six feet ahead of me in line jumped and I had to explain why my phone just yelled at him like a hungry cat. 😹 🤦‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call that her trilling meow or Trill Meow. I have extracted that sound from this particular video and turned it into a sound file for various Apple Shortcuts on my phone. When I open Safari or Instagram (both for her as I only use Safari for TCS and Chrome for everything else), one of those "Shortcuts" is a constantly evolving program that will choose a random number and perform a modulo 3 (integer remainder of a divide by 3 operation, e.g. 0, 1, or 2.) Based on the result, it will either play the Trill, the Trill Meow, or neither. I get to still hear her trilling noises, somewhat randomly, despite our separation. 😻 I've also configured the double tap and triple tap features to play one or the other. These are more amusing because sometimes setting my phone down will trigger one or the other and I have to placate my phone that just gave me a very insistent trilling meow. "Indeed, lil one!" 😻 My latest addition to these shortcuts is to run them only when connected to my home network. I was waiting to get into a store due to covid capacity restrictions. I opened Safari to check TCS while waiting and "purrrrmeeeowwwwr!" The guy six feet ahead of me in line jumped and I had to explain why my phone just yelled at him like a hungry cat. 😹 🤦‍♂️
You're so much more creative than I am, and I'm sure you are and will be giving much pleasure to many with those surprise trillings! You're going to be Most Popular in the office, no doubt about it. I'm more pedestrian. My flashlight responds to my taps, sometimes surprising even me. I wish I could have captured Tarifa's bellowings and done that with my phone.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're so much more creative than I am, and I'm sure you are and will be giving much pleasure to many with those surprise trillings! You're going to be Most Popular in the office, no doubt about it. I'm more pedestrian. My flashlight responds to my taps, sometimes surprising even me. I wish I could have captured Tarifa's bellowings and done that with my phone.
I have modified the app-based trilling to only make noises at home. The tap based stuff may still happen. If I ever do return to an office again, I'm more concerned about my Black Mirror battery noises. When the battery goes below 30%, it automatically switches to low battery (instead of forcibly interrupting me asking me about it at 20%) and plays an audio file from Netflix's Black Mirror: "Monkey needs a hug" Whenever I connect my phone to power or it has charged above 50% (at which point it will automatically shut off low power mode), it will play the other audio file from that particular episode: "Monkey loves you!"

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have modified the app-based trilling to only make noises at home. The tap based stuff may still happen. If I ever do return to an office again, I'm more concerned about my Black Mirror battery noises. When the battery goes below 30%, it automatically switches to low battery (instead of forcibly interrupting me asking me about it at 20%) and plays an audio file from Netflix's Black Mirror: "Monkey needs a hug" Whenever I connect my phone to power or it has charged above 50% (at which point it will automatically shut off low power mode), it will play the other audio file from that particular episode: "Monkey loves you!"
Oh, now, well, that may be problematical. At times. In certain venues. Or not.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Obviously not catnip tea :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:
I do have catnip tea. It's a tasty alternative to green tea if I don't want the caffeine. Admittedly, I did learn about catnip tea as a digestive aid in my care for Krista. She was meh on the stuff. Cats! 🤦‍♂️ 😹

That, there, is green tea matcha. I don't think I was adding MCT to it yet. When I started doing that, Krista became a lot more interested.
View media item 423455

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have catnip tea. It's a tasty alternative to green tea if I don't want the caffeine. Admittedly, I did learn about catnip tea as a digestive aid in my care for Krista. She was meh on the stuff. Cats! 🤦‍♂️ 😹

That, there, is green tea matcha. I don't think I was adding MCT to it yet. When I started doing that, Krista became a lot more interested.
View media item 423455
*Awww, c'mon, Dad. A cat gets tired of plain water all the time.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such lovely pix! I want to kiss that paw. And I love the last one where she's bright-eyed and displaying tail. :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :loveeyes:
These pix from 2020 are getting harder to look at. I still see how skinny she became. 😿 I love the doorway lurker one. Gosh, I miss that! She would sit in the doorway just barely and watch me. Or she would sit just out of frame in the front room like she was my lookout. She was guarding the front room and the office entrance from predators so I could work in peace and comfort. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These pix from 2020 are getting harder to look at. I still see how skinny she became. 😿 I love the doorway lurker one. Gosh, I miss that! She would sit in the doorway just barely and watch me. Or she would sit just out of frame in the front room like she was my lookout. She was guarding the front room and the office entrance from predators so I could work in peace and comfort. 😻
*FEERSSS GUARDING CAT*
I know. So strong and such a little warrior! That's what love does. And she certainly knew she was LOVED.