Remembering Krista

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed that the timestamps are off. I most certainly did not post those before lunch. I suspect those timestamps are 2 hours before reality. 🤷‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, at least! Sharp eyes. I hadn't noticed.
It's not noticeable until you're past the "24 minutes ago" timestamps and they are replaced with actual timestamps. It will be at least another 36 minutes before I can verify the timestamp on your reply and the notification that I got for your reply.

However, my post has converted to absolute time. It's 4 hours off. I posted that at 5ish pm.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost adopted a former feral Floops. No. Not really. Sure. I did check out her adoption page. But the foster preferred she go into a home with another cat. I’m still hesitant to commit to one cat. Definitely not ready to leap into two. But that face! And she seems so sweet in the few socialization videos posted to IG. I was more curious than serious.

I still expect it will be a while longer before I get another cat. This kind of (good) selfish me-time between cats is rare. And I still don’t want to sign up to the maintenance and care of another being until the existential risk to my own maintenance and care has been eliminated. Vaccine appointments open up next week to us non-inmates and non-orangutans (both groups that got to jump the line.)

Besides. I still want to pick out a cat the pre-Covid way. In person! Let her (or him) choose me like Krista did. Zoom meet and greets and home tours give me anxiety. I would love for the cat cafe to reopen too!

C248F8B7-9094-4A29-8AED-7C8C56EBFCD2.jpeg
“I can haz Churo treat?”

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, gosh. That face. :redheartpump: It’s so difficult now, though. I spent three hours in the parking lot at the emergency vet’s office a week ago waiting for them to diagnose Lily’s UTI. Frustrating to have to do kitty stuff via phone/Zoom.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost adopted a former feral Floops. No. Not really. Sure. I did check out her adoption page. But the foster preferred she go into a home with another cat. I’m still hesitant to commit to one cat. Definitely not ready to leap into two. But that face! And she seems so sweet in the few socialization videos posted to IG. I was more curious than serious.

I still expect it will be a while longer before I get another cat. This kind of (good) selfish me-time between cats is rare. And I still don’t want to sign up to the maintenance and care of another being until the existential risk to my own maintenance and care has been eliminated. Vaccine appointments open up next week to us non-inmates and non-orangutans (both groups that got to jump the line.)

Besides. I still want to pick out a cat the pre-Covid way. In person! Let her (or him) choose me like Krista did. Zoom meet and greets and home tours give me anxiety. I would love for the cat cafe to reopen too!

View attachment 375983
Oh, gosh. That face. :redheartpump: It’s so difficult now, though. I spent three hours in the parking lot at the emergency vet’s office a week ago waiting for them to diagnose Lily’s UTI. Frustrating to have to do kitty stuff via phone/Zoom.
Three hours in the parking lot?! How frustrating! Yes. I did one of those emergency visits with Krista pre-Covid. Three hours in a waiting room with about a dozen dogs that all got seen before Krista. Made me wonder if Krista would have got better service in a dog disguise. I did wait an hour in a parking lot at 3am last June. Yes, I do hope I can wait out these exceptional times.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Couldn't agree more. When I had to take Morty to the ER vet it was about 4+ hours just waiting in the parking lot for multiple phone calls.