Remembering Krista

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What'cha doin' there, Krista? :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:
I don’t remember if I have moved her wand toys into this closet yet. When I did, she took notice. She’d sit in front of the closet door when she wanted to play. I also found it fascinating that she was obsessed with this door but not the front door. She clearly knew that the closet was part of her domain, but outside was not. Smart cat! 😻🧐

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t remember if I have moved her wand toys into this closet yet. When I did, she took notice. She’d sit in front of the closet door when she wanted to play. I also found it fascinating that she was obsessed with this door but not the front door. She clearly knew that the closet was part of her domain, but outside was not. Smart cat! 😻🧐
How could a cat be anything else? And would you expect any less of Krista? :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :geekcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That first one reminds me a little bit of those blurry faced photographs from The Ring. 😲
That first one reminds me of my "favorite" camera game that I played with her: barf pile or shadow? If you look to the carpet just below her, that sure looks like a barf pile. That would explain the third picture. I think the second picture is out of order and should be after the third.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That first one reminds me of my "favorite" camera game that I played with her: barf pile or shadow? If you look to the carpet just below her, that sure looks like a barf pile. That would explain the third picture. I think the second picture is out of order and should be after the third.
I thought it was!
Yeah, that would make sense...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was!
Yeah, that would make sense...
Actually, that second picture is first chronologically. Napping side-eye at 10 am and "the ring" at 7 pm. 😹 The meal would come sometime after that.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking so kittenish! We have one of those and it's much loved here, too.
14 years young here. I should be so lucky to age that well. 😻 Though this was the year her health challenges began. 😿

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
14 years young here. I should be so lucky to age that well. 😻 Though this was the year her health challenges began. 😿
Cats, especially well-cared-for cats, really don't show age much at all. Humans may not, either, if they eat well, get enough sleep, are healthy, and practice a good lifestyle. But cats have it all over humans IMHO, because, again IMHO, there has never been a cat who wasn't/isn't gorgeous.
Yeah, Tarifa was playful right up almost to the last. And Baby Su, 16, and Elvis, 13, still play quite vigorously with da Bird, the rainbow toy, and 'nip and 'vine, in toys or on their own.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! From the photos, it looks pretty dark in there. How did you think to find her there? Or was it less dark than the photos make it seem?
Pandemic boredom! 😹 Our favorite game last year, "where's my cat at?" 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pandemic boredom! 😹 Our favorite game last year, "where's my cat at?" 😻
I haven't had that yet. But in the past, I have frantically looked for cats and found them in such places as: under a dresser with what looks like a 3" clearance, behind a dresser and into a drawer (yes, cats ARE liquid because this was physically impossible. She was a big, very floofy cat, too. And no, it wasn't 'mostly floof' -- it was mostly CAT.), under the side of my father's desk, which also had about a 3" clearance (and this was, if anything, an even BIGGER cat, with a shorter coat), outside in the back yard (Calo escaped out the back door shortly after we moved here. Fortunately I saw him foraging and ran right out and snagged him.), and outside on the verandah (my roomie left the door open. Yes, they got read the riot act and I promised them if they ever did it again, they'd have to leave. I pray they got it.) Oh, and then there were the times Tarifa climbed in back of my dad's lounge chair and underneath it. That was a favorite spot for awhile. And the time she curled up in the cubby of one of the cat activity centers in the living room, shortly before she left us. I am pretty sure that, even though she didn't show it, she was not feeling well, to do that.
So "where's my cat at?" has never been a popular game here. *I have no idea why this is strike-out.*