Remembering Krista

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
December 17, 2018:
I don’t know why I ever resisted her being on the counters. It certainly made feeding her medicine meals (stacks of supplements mixed with enticements) to get her through her pancreatitis that much easier. It was also adorable and endearing. It was certainly easier to keep my dishes, stove, and counters clean than it was to teach her otherwise. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹
F632DF8D-42FB-4E7E-84AC-09C05E3C19A6.jpeg 78539418-84D5-4037-9AB9-E9F5E8C00885.jpeg F604453A-3B0E-42E3-AFCF-F75E84562B64.jpeg 95F2CE3A-345D-4813-A27F-C10AE4BDECBD.jpeg
D337C0BC-F545-4574-88AB-7D3DB022A7BD.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
December 17, 2018:
I don’t know why I ever resisted her being on the counters. It certainly made feeding her medicine meals (stacks of supplements mixed with enticements) to get her through her pancreatitis that much easier. It was also adorable and endearing. It was certainly easier to keep my dishes, stove, and counters clean than it was to teach her otherwise. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹
View attachment 362596View attachment 362597View attachment 362598View attachment 362599
View attachment 362600
Adorable! I really love the second pic where she's looking right at you. And it looks as if she has a halo in the first three pix.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh. Forgot to comment on the other picture. She must have been eating less because here we are making yet another batch of food. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Krista Test Kitchen was a real struggle!

And the furry tumor! 😹😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Special treat today! Something from before 2018!

December 18, 2012:
A younger Krista in a former apartment who knows nothing of butt, gut, and tooth problems. 😻

Sploot!
66AA61B8-CC53-4242-AC27-18394A0B14A2.jpeg
She loved this toy! So much that I had to hide it when not in use or she’d walk around the apartment with it in her mouth trying to get more play out of me. But she sucked at playing with it. Or rather she sucked (and bit) while playing with it. She would catch it and not let go. It made for boring and one sided play. But oh she always got so excited (even in her last year) to see this one.

4A2AB45E-B6A1-4AF8-B6F2-47D134BFD97D.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Special treat today! Something from before 2018!

December 18, 2012:
A younger Krista in a former apartment who knows nothing of butt, gut, and tooth problems. 😻

Sploot!
View attachment 362748
She loved this toy! So much that I had to hide it when not in use or she’d walk around the apartment with it in her mouth trying to get more play out of me. But she sucked at playing with it. Or rather she sucked (and bit) while playing with it. She would catch it and not let go. It made for boring and one sided play. But oh she always got so excited (even in her last year) to see this one.

View attachment 362749
That happens here, too, with our rainbow snake wand toy. Baby Su takes it in her mouth and tries to travel with it, so I have to follow her. Then she lies down with it under her front paws and won't release it.
What a pretty Krista girl! That would be a good picture to advertise the apartment. Very inviting!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That happens here, too, with our rainbow snake wand toy. Baby Su takes it in her mouth and tries to travel with it, so I have to follow her. Then she lies down with it under her front paws and won't release it.
What a pretty Krista girl! That would be a good picture to advertise the apartment. Very inviting!
If I can recreate the memory from clues in the photo—the box, the cooler acting as an end table, the shadow on the right—lurking just off screen is a mess of boxes and furniture. This must have been right after I requested my apartment to be included in the renovations they had planned for departing residents before new tenants moved in. For those still in their units, they were only renovating the bathroom and kitchen cabinets, counters, and floors. But for those units that were empty, they were also taking out the front room carpet and replacing with laminate. I stacked all my furniture in the front room into the bedroom, piled high on the bed like a reverse Jenga game. Then Krista and I moved into the Extended Stay down the street for a few days while they transformed the place. Krista loved that hotel room. There were cabinets with a gap before the ceiling. Just like her dentist trip photos, she got up there. 👍😹

We stayed there one other time when the community was sprayed for bed bugs. She was not allowed to meet the bed bug sniffing dog. We were told he was a working dog and not there to socialize. 😔🤦🏼‍♂️ Krista spent that visit in the bathroom. 😿😔

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I can recreate the memory from clues in the photo—the box, the cooler acting as an end table, the shadow on the right—lurking just off screen is a mess of boxes and furniture. This must have been right after I requested my apartment to be included in the renovations they had planned for departing residents before new tenants moved in. For those still in their units, they were only renovating the bathroom and kitchen cabinets, counters, and floors. But for those units that were empty, they were also taking out the front room carpet and replacing with laminate. I stacked all my furniture in the front room into the bedroom, piled high on the bed like a reverse Jenga game. Then Krista and I moved into the Extended Stay down the street for a few days while they transformed the place. Krista loved that hotel room. There were cabinets with a gap before the ceiling. Just like her dentist trip photos, she got up there. 👍😹

We stayed there one other time when the community was sprayed for bed bugs. She was not allowed to meet the bed bug sniffing dog. We were told he was a working dog and not there to socialize. 😔🤦🏼‍♂️ Krista spent that visit in the bathroom. 😿😔
I know, I know! Being who and how I am, I always fantasize/guess as to what is NOT in the photo when I see these interior decorator type photos that look like no one has ever lived in the space. I'm pretty sure rich people and "celebs" make pretty horrendous messes, too. They just leave them for other people to clean up.
We've never had a place with gape between the cabinet and ceiling. Our living room in the Mojave did had a high ceiling and a soffit with recessed lighting, though. I had my curio cabinet in there. Tarifa used to springboard from the cabinet off the wall somehow, and then onto the soffit. She'd prowl it from one end to the other and stand on it, peering over at us.
scan0009.jpg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There aren't many memories that I can recreate from a single photo like that. But there haven't been many times that I've left a box in the living room and used a cooler for an end table either. I just zoomed in on that photo and hidden within that lurking shadow is the feet of my old Ikea chair. I don't remember the model name but it's the red chair that I have in old Krista photos like this one. Those feet on the chair (more like a metal starfish) hurt like the devil if you stubbed a toe or landed a foot on one of them in the middle of the night. I stopped using the matching ottoman for that reason. It moved to side of the kitchen as a landing pad for my backpack. Back when I still had a use for a backpack... I don't commute or travel or have transit-only day adventures or even go to the tap room anymore. I haven't used my backpack since February.
IMG_0021.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There aren't many memories that I can recreate from a single photo like that. But there haven't been many times that I've left a box in the living room and used a cooler for an end table either. I just zoomed in on that photo and hidden within that lurking shadow is the feet of my old Ikea chair. I don't remember the model name but it's the red chair that I have in old Krista photos like this one. Those feet on the chair (more like a metal starfish) hurt like the devil if you stubbed a toe or landed a foot on one of them in the middle of the night. I stopped using the matching ottoman for that reason. It moved to side of the kitchen as a landing pad for my backpack. Back when I still had a use for a backpack... I don't commute or travel or have transit-only day adventures or even go to the tap room anymore. I haven't used my backpack since February.
View attachment 362756
That looks like a Poang (with the umlaut over the "a") and we have three of them, two in the living room and one in the master bedroom. No footstools. I bought a round one made of banana leaves instead. Don't recall the name but they're really popular at IKEA. Angel Sammi used to love to claw on it, even though he came to me declawed :fuming: He still loved to exercise what was left of his fingers on it.
Yeah, I know about stuff that used to be necessary/convenient for going outside. I have all kinds of office/business clothing, designer clothing etc. and it's hanging in closets. Oh well! IDK how many pair of dress sheer stockings I have still in original packaging. I gues this stuff lasts forever so if I don't use it, someone else eventually will...
What a sweet little face there!!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks like a Poang (with the umlaut over the "a") and we have three of them, two in the living room and one in the master bedroom. No footstools. I bought a round one made of banana leaves instead. Don't recall the name but they're really popular at IKEA. Angel Sammi used to love to claw on it, even though he came to me declawed :fuming: He still loved to exercise what was left of his fingers on it.
Yeah, I know about stuff that used to be necessary/convenient for going outside. I have all kinds of office/business clothing, designer clothing etc. and it's hanging in closets. Oh well! IDK how many pair of dress sheer stockings I have still in original packaging. I gues this stuff lasts forever so if I don't use it, someone else eventually will...
What a sweet little face there!!!
Krista wouldn't let me brush her. But she did enjoy being stroked with a hand in a stocking which was probably just as effective. I mean more effective! Since she never let me use the brush. So there's one use for those stockings. :winkcat: 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista wouldn't let me brush her. But she did enjoy being stroked with a hand in a stocking which was probably just as effective. I mean more effective! Since she never let me use the brush. So there's one use for those stockings. :winkcat: 😻
Yeah, I suppose. These are expensive designer stockings. But fortunately, Baby Su and Elvis both love to be brushed with a standard slicker brush, of which I have lots. Su follows me around wanting more brushing. Elvis likes it but makes a game out of it. He likes to throw himself at my feet and roll around. He's a silly boy. Of course he really wants to disembowel my hands. :climbcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
December 19, 2019:
Missed a couple from “yesterday.”

(Spoiler from “tomorrow’s” pictures)
This would be the last pictures of her full fluffy belly and furry arms. 😻🤦🏼‍♂️😿
66231EBB-F4B3-4277-B5EC-E94E9E27A14A.jpeg 2F05AE62-156F-4C17-AD1B-F9AEB0E9FE10.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
December 19, 2019:
Missed a couple from “yesterday.”

(Spoiler from “tomorrow’s” pictures)
This would be the last pictures of her full fluffy belly and furry arms. 😻🤦🏼‍♂️😿
View attachment 362975View attachment 362976
Krista looks like she's very ready for some of her favorite food and treats, a little play with one of her favorite interactive toys, and then some special time with her dad, curled up.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
December 21, 2020:
It’s odd. I don’t have any record of this vet visit. Not a receipt. Nothing in Krista’s Care thread. Probably an ultrasound and IV fluids based on what got shaved. You would think that would be a pretty big deal. Whether it was the lymphoma or the chemo, her fur never fully grew back. 😿
7D0D5A56-F725-4167-8ED5-5490A83E9A8B.jpeg DCB1CCE3-3AEC-4E14-9A36-BE28BE9CB1B4.jpeg D8CDF497-C53E-4228-B13C-43D372D8DF62.jpeg 358BC96D-8DD2-4EED-813B-4D3F8831D086.jpeg 5B1F9FEE-DCB3-42E4-9B00-B704193A164F.jpeg D012A24A-D801-43D2-90C2-D9217B4DF084.jpeg