Remembering Krista

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bonus picture today.

December 9, 2018:

We’re out of Rad Cat (save for one or two emergency tubs in the freezer.) For a brief moment in time, I was able to get these duck patties from the “local”* raw food coop. (*Still a three hour errand.) I was adding EZ Complete to balance and complete the boneless duck meat. I am not convinced that either ever really agreed with her. At least she was still get Rawz during this time too.
43E12AFA-1FA1-4211-ACA2-1A63721BA4DF.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*I'm cute. I KNOW I'm cute. I may be TOO cute, actually. And hey, Dad, about that food. I hate to bother you. But I've had better. Now can we do something about that?"*
Lies! Vicious rumors and bloody lies! She's never had better food than what I bought and/or prepared for her. My excess Rawz cans and budget surplus the last few months have proven as much. 🤦‍♂️ 😹

She liked the duck. A lot. But her food journal seems to suggest that her gut and butt thought otherwise of either the duck or the EZ Complete. It's likely the chicken liver and eggs in the EZ Complete were brewing up some of the inflammation in her that would land her in the hospital next month. The broken tooth was probably doing a great deal of damage there too. 😿

Incidentally, I only just this last weekend dumped jars and jars of frozen meat stock from turkey and rabbit batches. Some of them were a year old. I just didn't trust them enough to give them to my beertender cat friends. It made me kind of sad. If it weren't for the clostridium she got from an undercooked drumstick last summer, I would have loved to have kept making and serving her beloved meat jello. After fighting a month of liquid poops, I never did fully trust the meat stock again. 😿

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lies! Vicious rumors and bloody lies! She's never had better food than what I bought and/or prepared for her. My excess Rawz cans and budget surplus the last few months have proven as much. 🤦‍♂️ 😹

She liked the duck. A lot. But her food journal seems to suggest that her gut and butt thought otherwise of either the duck or the EZ Complete. It's likely the chicken liver and eggs in the EZ Complete were brewing up some of the inflammation in her that would land her in the hospital next month. The broken tooth was probably doing a great deal of damage there too. 😿

Incidentally, I only just this last weekend dumped jars and jars of frozen meat stock from turkey and rabbit batches. Some of them were a year old. I just didn't trust them enough to give them to my beertender cat friends. It made me kind of sad. If it weren't for the clostridium she got from an undercooked drumstick last summer, I would have loved to have kept making and serving her beloved meat jello. After fighting a month of liquid poops, I never did fully trust the meat stock again. 😿
Good on ya for jettisoning those -- better safe than sorry.
And yeah -- didn't mean ALL her food, only the duck and EZ Complete!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
December 13, 2018:

Well, look at that! I busted out an emergency Rad Cat tub for her. She must not have been eating so well. Broken tooth already? Or other trouble? 😿
1E286779-6F0A-46A5-BA18-57351AEECC29.jpeg 0EF1CE50-860F-484C-85E0-ABA39B59C53F.jpeg
The tub is to block her from helping.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those tubs would only work with her. She was so habituated with taking the Katris or the cat tree wall (there’s a path I taught her that starts on the left tree and goes across the storage and the right tree to the counter.) OC aka Meatball would just leap up to the counter from the other side of the sink. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those tubs would only work with her. She was so habituated with taking the Katris or the cat tree wall (there’s a path I taught her that starts on the left tree and goes across the storage and the right tree to the counter.) OC aka Meatball would just leap up to the counter from the other side of the sink. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Well, he's a guy. And he's so glad when he's inside that of course he's gonna bounce around and try to eat everything edible.
As for Krista, whichever end you got, I'm pretty sure she thought you deserved it :flail: :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :gaah:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
December 14, 2019:
Evidence of the nose to nose cat bib. Maybe it’s because I treasured it more after her various health scares and impending mortality, but it seemed like she did this more often in her last year. After her ear surgery this June, she was on activity restriction. She spent two weeks in the pen. But when I did let her out for some supervised freedom, if I was laying on the floor, my belly and chest was the first place she wanted to go. 😻

These first two, I’m reclining in my chair. I’m wearing a vertical cat bib. My little mountain lion. 😹
F0BDF260-5C4C-4FD6-B2C3-C5C3896BF9C7.jpeg 5289184E-9EF3-4FD7-9C91-933202D13C90.jpeg E6FA5CBA-A880-4ED9-AB8D-726A277075DF.jpeg C7EEE02F-8E08-4D45-8FFE-2F472AE67FE0.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
December 14, 2019:
Evidence of the nose to nose cat bib. Maybe it’s because I treasured it more after her various health scares and impending mortality, but it seemed like she did this more often in her last year. After her ear surgery this June, she was on activity restriction. She spent two weeks in the pen. But when I did let her out for some supervised freedom, if I was laying on the floor, my belly and chest was the first place she wanted to go. 😻

These first two, I’m reclining in my chair. I’m wearing a vertical cat bib. My little mountain lion. 😹
View attachment 362236View attachment 362237View attachment 362238View attachment 362239
Those are the moments that make the rest of life endurable, yes?
A little mountain lion indeed. "For she is of the tribe of tiger"