Referral Needed, Re. Rescue Organization, Or Tnr Group

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, we're doing well! He goes in for his Booster shot first Tuesday in August.

It's been awhile now, so I should give the Kid a name. However, names aren't one of my strong points. Well to be honest, I don't have many strong points, or in other words, I ain't good at too many things! ... LOL

I was thinking about starting a thread, to possibly ask for a few ideas. It's been awhile now, almost a month here, and three months since we first met.

However I don't want to overthink it, but IMO, the name should be a strong one, that's fitting for him, and his personality.

He's presently registered at DOC's clinic as, "Black Cat"!

Have a GREAT Weekend!

Pops

BTW, he doesn't sleep in his carrier, since he's been back! He did smash it a few times though! ... LOL .... He must be thinking the carrier is to blame for his trip to DOC's!
Oh, you ARE good at the most important things, A azpops ! :yess:
As for names, in my experience, cats will let you know what they want to be called in time, as they get to know and trust you. If he doesn't tell you soon, let us know and we'll put our thinking caps on. ;) Great about his booster! and so glad to hear you're doing well. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, you ARE good at the most important things, A azpops ! :yess:
As for names, in my experience, cats will let you know what they want to be called in time, as they get to know and trust you. If he doesn't tell you soon, let us know and we'll put our thinking caps on. ;) Great about his booster! and so glad to hear you're doing well. :)
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ; Thanks, and Thanks Again! I started writing a thread, then held off from posting it. I'll give your advise a shot; give it a bit more time. He's a good kid, and deserves a good name!

Pops

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ; Thanks, and Thanks Again! I started writing a thread, then held off from posting it. I'll give your advise a shot; give it a bit more time. He's a good kid, and deserves a good name!

Pops
Yes, he is and yes, he certainly does! He has one -- I hope he'll tell it to you soon. In the meantime, maybe Billy (the Kid)? :dancingblackcat:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, he is and yes, he certainly does! He has one -- I hope he'll tell it to you soon. In the meantime, maybe Billy (the Kid)? :dancingblackcat:

"Billy the Kid", good one!

I keep looking at him, waiting for a name to pop into my mind, but I don't know. It's like it's there, but being illusive, for some reason or another! ... LOL

Pops

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I would check in on you guys. It looks like everything has progressed well. I am so glad! You have done such a great job! As for kittiy’s name..... I have been put in the position of coming up with more than a few names the past year. Like you, I want kitty to have the name that fits. I have had some help from the kitty by trying out names. I call out different names to “try them on” the kitty. If kitty does not respond then I know, that’s not their name! Sometimes I hit a name they just react well to and sometimes I am just talking to the kitty when a word strikes them as appealing. The array of names is just too vast to list off but suffice it to say that we have found names from many sources. A black cat named Corvus from the Latin for crow, another called Inkjet, another Emoji, my father had a Megabyte and a cat I tried to call Bandit refused that but accepted Banjo! A recent arrival was a small cat I tried to give the descriptive name of Little but he was indignant at that, shot me a dirty look and sounded a very long wheeeeeeeeew. He accepted the descriptive name of the sound of his meow. He became Whistle which turned out to be very fitting! Some cats prefer more traditional names. I have a Mackeral tabby who is Mackie ( named more for his “Big MAC” attack’s than his markings. Lol I also have a Lady, a Missy and a Dolly. I have a Bonjure(because he responded to the word when I was talking to a French speaking cat). I have a Jeremiah, no relation to the bullfrog of song, but he is a good friend of mine, an Eisenhower, a Smokey and recently adopted out a Nimbus, Stratus and a Cirrus. The world is your (and kittys’) oyster. Keep talking and kitty will clue you in. This should be personal and part of the bonding fun for you and kitty. It will come to you. Good luck and happy naming!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just thought I would check in on you guys. It looks like everything has progressed well. I am so glad! You have done such a great job! As for kittiy’s name..... I have been put in the position of coming up with more than a few names the past year. Like you, I want kitty to have the name that fits. I have had some help from the kitty by trying out names. I call out different names to “try them on” the kitty. If kitty does not respond then I know, that’s not their name! Sometimes I hit a name they just react well to and sometimes I am just talking to the kitty when a word strikes them as appealing. The array of names is just too vast to list off but suffice it to say that we have found names from many sources. A black cat named Corvus from the Latin for crow, another called Inkjet, another Emoji, my father had a Megabyte and a cat I tried to call Bandit refused that but accepted Banjo! A recent arrival was a small cat I tried to give the descriptive name of Little but he was indignant at that, shot me a dirty look and sounded a very long wheeeeeeeeew. He accepted the descriptive name of the sound of his meow. He became Whistle which turned out to be very fitting! Some cats prefer more traditional names. I have a Mackeral tabby who is Mackie ( named more for his “Big MAC” attack’s than his markings. Lol I also have a Lady, a Missy and a Dolly. I have a Bonjure(because he responded to the word when I was talking to a French speaking cat). I have a Jeremiah, no relation to the bullfrog of song, but he is a good friend of mine, an Eisenhower, a Smokey and recently adopted out a Nimbus, Stratus and a Cirrus. The world is your (and kittys’) oyster. Keep talking and kitty will clue you in. This should be personal and part of the bonding fun for you and kitty. It will come to you. Good luck and happy naming!
OK, that one got me laughing! If I don't come up with one soon. I'll start a thread!

Pops

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, don't think he's a Will, or William. It may also be that I know someone by that name, and well, he is not one of my favorite people. ... LOL

Pops
Well, those are out, then! Looks like Jcatbird Jcatbird has a really good battle plan there that reflects what I was trying to say about letting them tell you their names. Like a good pair of shoes, when the fit's right, you KNOW. :yess:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kyd is an actual name. An actress, I forget who, named her son that...When I was a kid, I named one of our kittens after myself. Isn't that ridiculous? I guess I had a big ego.:eek2:.... My favorite boy names if I ever have more cats (or a son) are: Holden, Jack, Grant, Frasier, Shane, Weston, Wesley, Preston, Presley, Mason, and Brandt. Yes, I've thought about this a lot. :)

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kyd is an actual name. An actress, I forget who, named her son that...When I was a kid, I named one of our kittens after myself. Isn't that ridiculous? I guess I had a big ego.:eek2:.... My favorite boy names if I ever have more cats (or a son) are: Holden, Jack, Grant, Frasier, Shane, Weston, Wesley, Preston, Presley, Mason, and Brandt. Yes, I've thought about this a lot. :)
You sure did, give it, I would say, a lot thought! Thanks for sharing! ... :thumbsup:

I keep looking at the kid, I know there's a name out there for him!

Pops

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK, got two that might be in the running;

Tyler
(named after Steven Tyler, lead singer for Aerosmith, and referenced to the following song, cause the kid's got a, well, different kind of walk ... :lol:);

or could be,

Ned
(named after Britain's Got Talent contestant Ned aka. So Savage);

Well, that's two so far!

Pops

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK, Tyler's in the running! Didn't like the little funny guy, Ned? Love his roast on Amanda Holden! Every time I think about the "Talking Dog on BGT", it gives me a laugh!

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really like the name Ned. It sounds really old fashioned. What about town, city, or state names? Do you have any favorites like Dakota, Dallas, Austin, etc?

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really like the name Ned. It sounds really old fashioned. What about town, city, or state names? Do you have any favorites like Dakota, Dallas, Austin, etc?
Awh don't know. Hmmmm, good suggestion though.

Pops

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't like rock music at all. And that guy? Definitely not.
Really, you don't like Aerosmith? .... :lol: ... I haven't made a definite decision, but this Kid is becoming a kind of a sweet natured, terror! .... :lol:

Pops