Referral Needed, Re. Rescue Organization, Or Tnr Group

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is it going today? Any new kitty stories?
Sorry maggiedemi, nothing really new! He is however, finally using the tree! ... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

He got to watch two thunderstorms so far. The latest was last night, which I had the privilege to walk in, for the first part of my night.

All the while, I was thinking how fortunate we were to get him out of the property when we did.

Pops

PS we have a cell passing by RIGHT NOW! ... lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry maggiedemi, nothing really new! He is however, finally using the tree! ... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

He got to watch two thunderstorms so far. The latest was last night, which I had the privilege to walk in, for the first part of my night.

All the while, I was thinking how fortunate we were to get him out of the property when we did.

Pops

PS we have a cell passing by RIGHT NOW! ... lol
How well I remember those dez storms. I used to open the door and just have the screen door on, and watch the brilliantly colored lightning shows all across the Victor Valley. More impressive than any man-made light show!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How well I remember those dez storms. I used to open the door and just have the screen door on, and watch the brilliantly colored lightning shows all across the Victor Valley. More impressive than any man-made light show!
They are impressive to watch. ... :thumbsup: ...Well, unless you have to work in it! ... :sigh: ... Then not so much! ... :) ... A few days ago, my feet got soaked within the first half hour of starting my night! As mentioned earlier, this property is approx 90% asphalt, with excellent drainage. Wasn't watching, as it only started to storm, and stepped where the water drains. Water pored over the top of the lower section of my waterproof boots! Yup, it was a fun night for certain! ... :beerchug:

Maggiedemi's quote / post; "How is it going today? Any new kitty stories?"

It was a tough morning, but before I get to that. It's been a little less then a week, and he already made a small tear in the seam of his "yellow banana" cat toy. He actually salivates, and rubs himself on it. Good stuff, thanks again for the tip.

What a tough morning it's been, an I haven't slept yet. I'll hit the sack once I hit the "Reply To Thread" button.

Drop the Kid at DOC's this morning. Gosh, I tell you, while in the room, his heart was beating a mile a minute. Who would have guessed, his carrier would be his safe place. We basically had to turn his carrier inside out to get him out! ... :) ... Sorta like squeezing the last bit of toothpaste from the tube! ... :lol: ... However, with absolutely NO hissing, scratching, or biting! ... Good kid, I'm tell'in yah! ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

After we weighed him (he's 11.3 lbs, BTW. BUT 11.3 SOLID POUNDS, not centimeter of fat) he stayed as close as he could to me, while I held the kid.

DOC, did her initial examination. No chip found. Told me, his teeth looks real well, heart sounded good, and noticed his scars. Most if not all of his scabs are gone though.

Took a sample of his poop, gonna have his snap test done, snipped (not sure if he's gonna hold that against me or not), and the rest.

BUT MAN, it was tough leaving the kid! Last thing I saw, was DOC taking him to the back, while assuring me, we'll take great care of him. He "IS" in great hands! BUT MAN, didn't think it was gonna be that tough!

Update; like as of a minute ago! ... :lol:

Just got off the phone with one of the workers. The kid did great, resting, and we'll pick him up at 3PM (so, depending how fast I post this post. I should get a good 3 hours of sleep in before I pick the kid up). BTW, it's just under a 50 mile round trip to DOC's and back!

OH, DOC found a tape worm stuck to his tail, so he's gonna get a dewormer. She told me DOC saved it for me if I wanted to see what it looked like. Told her "NOPE" no need. Just flush the darn thing! ... :crackup:

Well, did I write, "I'll hit the sack once I hit the "Reply To Thread" button"? Yeah, right, in my dreams! ... :rolleyes2:

Poops, I mean, Pops!

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are impressive to watch. ... :thumbsup: ...Well, unless you have to work in it! ... :sigh: ... Then not so much! ... :) ... A few days ago, my feet got soaked within the first half hour of starting my night! As mentioned earlier, this property is approx 90% asphalt, with excellent drainage. Wasn't watching, as it only started to storm, and stepped where the water drains. Water pored over the top of the lower section of my waterproof boots! Yup, it was a fun night for certain! ... :beerchug:

Maggiedemi's quote / post; "How is it going today? Any new kitty stories?"

It was a tough morning, but before I get to that. It's been a little less then a week, and he already made a small tear in the seam of his "yellow banana" cat toy. He actually salivates, and rubs himself on it. Good stuff, thanks again for the tip.

What a tough morning it's been, an I haven't slept yet. I'll hit the sack once I hit the "Reply To Thread" button.

Drop the Kid at DOC's this morning. Gosh, I tell you, while in the room, his heart was beating a mile a minute. Who would have guessed, his carrier would be his safe place. We basically had to turn his carrier inside out to get him out! ... :) ... Sorta like squeezing the last bit of toothpaste from the tube! ... :lol: ... However, with absolutely NO hissing, scratching, or biting! ... Good kid, I'm tell'in yah! ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

After we weighed him (he's 11.3 lbs, BTW. BUT 11.3 SOLID POUNDS, not centimeter of fat) he stayed as close as he could to me, while I held the kid.

DOC, did her initial examination. No chip found. Told me, his teeth looks real well, heart sounded good, and noticed his scars. Most if not all of his scabs are gone though.

Took a sample of his poop, gonna have his snap test done, snipped (not sure if he's gonna hold that against me or not), and the rest.

BUT MAN, it was tough leaving the kid! Last thing I saw, was DOC taking him in the back, while assuring me, we'll take great care of him. He "IS" in great hands! BUT MAN, didn't think it was gonna be that tough!

Update; like as of a minute ago! ... :lol:

Just got off the phone with one of the workers. The kid did great, resting, and we'll pick him up at 3PM (so, depending how fast I post this post. I should get a good 3 hours of sleep in before I pick the kid up). BTW, it's just under a 50 mile round trip to DOC's and back!

OH, DOC found a tape worm stuck to his tail, so he's gonna get a dewormer. She told me DOC saved it for me if I wanted to see what it looked like. Told her "NOPE" no need. Just flush the darn thing! ... :crackup:

Well, did I write, "I'll hit the sack once I hit the "Reply To Thread" button". Yeah, right, in my dreams! ... :rolleyes2:

Poops, I mean, Pops!
I used to love the "quicksand" effect after it rained or we had snowmelt. My ex got me a pair of military issue gumboots for over my footwear, and they'd come half off with every step after a rain. Sure was glad to have 'em, though. Slogging through quicksand and chicken hooey is not great on the shoes.

SO glad about the kid!!! Sounds like he's made himself a very strong place in your heart and home.

Tapeworms look like grains of rice once they dry out. I always keep tapeworm tabs on hand. Just in case. You can get them from DrsFosterSmith.com if I'm not mistaken.

That's a long slog to the vet and back! We used to go out to Hesperia to ours and that was a long trip, but not quite THAT long.

Get good sleep! and TYSVVVVM for all you're doing for the kid! :thanks::goldstar:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to love the "quicksand" effect after it rained or we had snowmelt. My ex got me a pair of military issue gumboots for over my footwear, and they'd come half off with every step after a rain. Sure was glad to have 'em, though. Slogging through quicksand and chicken hooey is not great on the shoes.

SO glad about the kid!!! Sounds like he's made himself a very strong place in your heart and home.

Tapeworms look like grains of rice once they dry out. I always keep tapeworm tabs on hand. Just in case. You can get them from DrsFosterSmith.com if I'm not mistaken.

That's a long slog to the vet and back! We used to go out to Hesperia to ours and that was a long trip, but not quite THAT long.

Get good sleep! and TYSVVVVM for all you're doing for the kid! :thanks::goldstar:
DOC's giving the boy a pill to take for the worms. I have to crush it, then ad it to his food. Thanks for the tip on Dr's Foster and Smith. I purchased Calvin's Adequan from them. They were great, as we're in the heat. They packed it in Ice to keep the Adequan cool during shipping.

DOC and her husband, also a DOC, recently purchased their first Vet Clinic / Hospital. It's a bit far, but would drive further if needed! Funny thing is, DOC's husband worked at a clinic, that's may be a long, 2 miles from us! ... LOL ... Seriously though, DOC's been taking care of my dogs for quite awhile!

OK, gotta clean out his litter, and litter box. As well as a few other things before he gets back. So, it looks like Poops, I mean Pops' ain't gonna get NO SLEEP, AGAIN!

Pops

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DOC's giving the boy a pill to take for the worms. I have to crush it, then ad it to his food. Thanks for the tip on Dr's Foster and Smith. I purchased Calvin's Adequan from them. They were great, as we're in the heat. They packed it in Ice to keep the Adequan cool during shipping.

DOC and her husband, also a DOC, recently purchased their first Vet Clinic / Hospital. It's a bit far, but would drive further if needed! Funny thing is, DOC's husband worked at a clinic, that's may be a long, 2 miles from us! ... LOL ... Seriously though, DOC's been taking care of my dogs for quite awhile!

OK, gotta clean out his litter, and litter box. As well as a few other things before he gets back. So, it looks like Poops, I mean Pops' ain't gonna get NO SLEEP, AGAIN!

Pops
We had a few vets pretty close to us but most of them were large animal and dog people. The vet in Hesperia was THE BEST! Full service hospital with everything on site and a heart of gold.
Yes, I've been with Drs. F&S since before they were even online. They're great--live chat online, which I love, and personal service telephonically with real live people in Wisconsin! You can't beat that.
Give the boy some extra treats (with a pill in them?!) from us, ok?

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had a few vets pretty close to us but most of them were large animal and dog people. The vet in Hesperia was THE BEST! Full service hospital with everything on site and a heart of gold.
Yes, I've been with Drs. F&S since before they were even online. They're great--live chat online, which I love, and personal service telephonically with real live people in Wisconsin! You can't beat that.
Give the boy some extra treats (with a pill in them?!) from us, ok?
While on contract (photos I posted) in Adelanto. Calvin and I drove (I think it was) 12, or 14 miles to Von's in Hesperia, so 24 to 28 mile round trip (I guess it's at the split between Victorville and Hesperia) every Friday! It was a great relaxing drive from where we were located. Was pretty funny when we arrived. I had a standing order with the bakery dept. for 21 loaves of their branded Von's / Safeway bread (it was the one with the purple wrapper, that had nuts, and stuff baked in it). Sheez, back then it was 2 bucks a loaf, but not no more though. Ducks be starving! ... LOL

I'd be in line, and folks would ask if I had a sandwich shop? Cashier would tell them, this is for his ducks! ... What? Ducks? .... LOL ... It was the most relaxing part of my day. Calvin would be in our Jeep watching me (like a hurry up, I wanna play some ball, type of look), as I fed the Ducks, Mud Hens, and some other water fowl.

It was great we didn't need to see a Vet while there, but I'd order his food from one of those chain clinics (but they had the best price in the area).

Thanks, sure will, but I guess the kid's gonna have to settle with the crushed pill in his food! ... :)

BTW, FIV and FeLV; ....................................................... NEGATIVE!

OK, I better get back to working on his stuff!

Pops

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Quick question. Besides vacuming his scratcher and tree, I'm not certain what else I can do to clean it?

BTW, I haven't talked to DOC yet, but I've been sleeping in his room, so I can catch the stuff / worms too right? Geeez, so now do I have to be dewormed as well?

Pops

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:crackup: No worries on the worm front, A azpops :flail: People can and do get tapeworms, but I very much doubt you would.
I've used a damp cloth/rag that I've applied Nature's Miracle-Just For Cats to, to clean cat trees when necessary, or a cloth/rag dipped in soapy water like dish soap or whatever, to spot clean. I brought some of the cat furniture from the barn compound into the house here, and I cleaned it before bringing it in. Worked just fine! I use the hose attachment on the vacuum to de-fur, when necessary, or I have a canister vacuum with a hose attachment that would work great, too. For any "accidents" on rugs or carpets, a Bissell Spot-Bot Pet is a great tool to have, with the cleaners used in it. This little thing has paid for itself many times over in our household! You can use it by setting it on the spot or by using the hose attachment. SUCH a great product! Cleaning Products for your Home, Pet, and Car | BISSELL® since 1876 BISSELL® Spot Bot® Pet Carpet Cleaner | Hands Free Carpet Cleaner
Oh, I know that Von's, and Adelanto in general, well. We shopped at Stater's in Phelan, though. It was closer for us. We called it "going to town". :lol:

Congratulations -- or should I say conCATulations -- to the kid, and to you, on his "solid negative" status! That's what we like to hear! :yess:

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:crackup: No worries on the worm front, A azpops :flail: People can and do get tapeworms, but I very much doubt you would.
I've used a damp cloth/rag that I've applied Nature's Miracle-Just For Cats to, to clean cat trees when necessary, or a cloth/rag dipped in soapy water like dish soap or whatever, to spot clean. I brought some of the cat furniture from the barn compound into the house here, and I cleaned it before bringing it in. Worked just fine! I use the hose attachment on the vacuum to de-fur, when necessary, or I have a canister vacuum with a hose attachment that would work great, too. For any "accidents" on rugs or carpets, a Bissell Spot-Bot Pet is a great tool to have, with the cleaners used in it. This little thing has paid for itself many times over in our household! You can use it by setting it on the spot or by using the hose attachment. SUCH a great product! Cleaning Products for your Home, Pet, and Car | BISSELL® since 1876 BISSELL® Spot Bot® Pet Carpet Cleaner | Hands Free Carpet Cleaner
Oh, I know that Von's, and Adelanto in general, well. We shopped at Stater's in Phelan, though. It was closer for us. We called it "going to town". :lol:

Congratulations -- or should I say conCATulations -- to the kid, and to you, on his "solid negative" status! That's what we like to hear! :yess:
Good to hear, re. the worms! DOC, told me the same! However, I donno? In my world, if it can be had, Pops will get it, so ... LOL

Thanks for the tip! Heading to Petsmart to pick some of that Natures Miracle - Just fur Cats. I'll pick up a couple of bags (one chicken, and one salmon flavor) Greenies Pill Pockets. Hope it works!

I'm accustom to shoving the pill down my dogs throats! Easy-Peasy!... lol

As fur the vacs, carpet cleaner, and such. Well that's gonna have to wait, cause I'm broke! ... LOL

Anyways, kids in his room, laying on the top tier of his tree. I guess he's still high from the pain shot, etc.. He did eat a few treats, but not his can food.

I'll kick back in his room when I get back, to see how he's doing. I'll more then likely crash, on the floor again. Only to wake up stiff as a board!

Thanks again!

Pops

PS the photo with the Jeep and Vulcan's lighted tower in the background. The Jeep is sitting on a mound of dirt (pretty big mound though, something like an 1/8th of a mile x 1/16th of a mile), oh around 30 plus feet high. If you were driving pass us on 395, and knew what to look for. You'd see us! ... :wave3: ... That's the reason we had such a great view on that property.

And there was another mound of dirt, about 3, may be 4 times as high, just south of us! However, I wouldn't want to be on that mound, if a quake hits. You'd get buried!

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a Royal Pain In The A, sorry, lucky I remembered; family oriented forum, BUTT to give cat's pills. Sheez, I gotta find a way to shove it down his throat, but his mouth is small, my fingers too big, so .... ?

One pill down, and a half a pill to go! Poops! ... LOL

OK! All down! I was thinking. Wonder what these two :angel: :angel: are thinking right about now?

:banana1::banana2:... Yeah, I guess dats what they're doing! ... Darn kids!

Pops

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since I haven't slept, since whenever! The kid needs a new radio. The one he has is really bad! So, Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Off to Walmart I Go! Can you tell I'm getting a bit punchy, huh?

One of these days, I gotta catch up with this thing called sleep!

BTW, if you see I guy doing one of these, ... :bliss: ... for no apparent reason. Run, Run fast, and Run as far from him as you can! ... LOL

Pops

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...well, I hope you WON'T get 'em. I could explain how you would, but you don't want to know and yes, this is a family-oriented site ;):winkcat:

There are these devices called pill guns that you can get from drsfostersmith.com and maybe at "pet" supply stores, that eject the pill pretty far in so that the cat's instinctual reaction is to swallow. I've never had one, so I can't vouch for them; it's just another alternative. Oh, and a lot of people swear by hiding the pill in a bit of margarine or butter, which a lot of cats love (and besides, it makes it easier to swallow). I've had varying degrees of success at the old open-the-mouth-and push-the-pill-far-back method.

Yeah, big mounds of dirt (and sand) are to be seen quite prevalently out in that neck of the woods. I'm not red-hot happy about it, but anyway. It is what it is.

Sure hope you get some sleep! I have insomnia myself, so I know how that goes. I also have narcolepsy. Yes, it is possible to have both in one person. *I fall asleep in the movies. You KNOW how loud THEY are. And I've missed more ends of movies and TV shows than I care to say.*

Hope you find a nice radio for the kid! I've been lucky to inherit quite a few family radios, even one amazing big stand-up AM-only wood-cabinet antique radio. It's beautiful!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
...well, I hope you WON'T get 'em. I could explain how you would, but you don't want to know and yes, this is a family-oriented site ;):winkcat:

There are these devices called pill guns that you can get from drsfostersmith.com and maybe at "pet" supply stores, that eject the pill pretty far in so that the cat's instinctual reaction is to swallow. I've never had one, so I can't vouch for them; it's just another alternative. Oh, and a lot of people swear by hiding the pill in a bit of margarine or butter, which a lot of cats love (and besides, it makes it easier to swallow). I've had varying degrees of success at the old open-the-mouth-and push-the-pill-far-back method.

Yeah, big mounds of dirt (and sand) are to be seen quite prevalently out in that neck of the woods. I'm not red-hot happy about it, but anyway. It is what it is.

Sure hope you get some sleep! I have insomnia myself, so I know how that goes. I also have narcolepsy. Yes, it is possible to have both in one person. *I fall asleep in the movies. You KNOW how loud THEY are. And I've missed more ends of movies and TV shows than I care to say.*

Hope you find a nice radio for the kid! I've been lucky to inherit quite a few family radios, even one amazing big stand-up AM-only wood-cabinet antique radio. It's beautiful!
Thanks for the tip on using margarine, or butter. I saw the pill gun while Googling Pill Pockets. It is a pretty cool devise, that could be a solution. If there was a need to give the kid more pills. Thank goodness he took the pill and a half DOC gave him for the worms.

In regards to the mounds of dirt. The large mound to the south of us ...

.... was an eye sore, for sure. Photos seems to make things small, or farther away, but you can sort of guess the sized by using the large distribution warehouses (to the left) as a scale. The dirt sat on an empty lot, not certain where they brought the dirt in from. On the weekends, you'd see a dozen or more vehicles on it. Folks hanging out, enjoying the view.

Our's was to the left of the photo ...

... the dirt was taken from the three football field size spill ponds that were dug for the facility's expansion.

Side note: excuse the flashlight, and dirt hands. Took these for a flashlight forum I visit. Btw, the flashlight is made by Henry, aka; HDS Systems in Tucson, AZ.

Side note: the old spill pond to the right of the two large white filtration tanks, is where I fed the water fowl!

Some may not think much of it, but I sure miss this view ...

OK, enough reminiscing, and back to our normal programming, and topic/s of our Forum!

As mentioned earlier. I redid the silver stuff on the boy's window. So now he's got a ground floor (which has a bed), mezzanine level window, second floor window, and third floor window. Oh btw, did I mention I raised the blinds! ... LOL

Aside from the Man-Up-Stair's Help, which was everything, btw! Here's the tool which made it safe for the both of us to couffer him to his room. Tru-Catch's Fat Cat Trap. He's still not intimidated by it, he'll rub his scent on it as he walks by.

And Here He Is. The kid wanted to say HI!

His softer side ...

... and his bit more serious side. ... ;)

... Don't tell him I told you though, OK? When he gives you that serious look. All you gotta do is pet him on his forehead, or use the back of your fingers under his chin, AND HE MELTS! ... :p

Btw, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ; I can relate. The work I do, keeps me in a sleep deprived state. Not so bad if there isn't anything going on during the day, but if it's just one thing (and nothing takes 5 minutes to do, btw ... lol). Well forget about it! ... LOL

Your antique radio sounds really cool! I found a Sony Clock Radio for him last night. Sony makes great products. It's small (doesn't take up much space), but sounds great for it's size. ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have a Great Day!

Pops

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the tip on using margarine, or butter. I saw the pill gun while Googling Pill Pockets. It is a pretty cool devise, that could be a solution. If there was a need to give the kid more pills. Thank goodness he took the pill and a half DOC gave him for the worms.

In regards to the mounds of dirt. The large mound to the south of us ...

.... was an eye sore, for sure. Photos seems to make things small, or farther away, but you can sort of guess the sized by using the large distribution warehouses (to the left) as a scale. The dirt sat on an empty lot, not certain where they brought the dirt in from. On the weekends, you'd see a dozen or more vehicles on it, folks enjoying the view.

Our's was to the left of the photo ...

... the dirt was taken from the three football field size spill ponds that were dug for the facility's expansion.

Side note: excuse the flashlight, and dirt hands. Took these for a flashlight forum I visit. Btw, the flashlight is made by Henry, aka; HDS Systems in Tucson, AZ.

Side note: the old spill pond to the right of the two large white filtration tanks, is where I fed the water fowl!

Some may not think much of it, but I sure miss this view ...

OK, enough reminiscing, and back to our normal programming, and topic/s of our Forum!

As mentioned earlier. I redid the silver stuff on the boy's window. So now he's got a ground floor (which has a bed), mezzanine level window, second floor window, and third floor window. Oh btw, did I mention I raised the blinds! ... LOL

Aside from the Man-Up-Stair's Help, which was everything, btw! Here's the tool which made it safe for the both of us to couffer him to his room. Tru-Catch's Fat Cat Trap. He's still not intimidated by it, he'll rub his scent on it as he walks by.

And Here He Is. The kid wanted to say HI!

His softer side ...

... and his bit more serious side. ... ;)

... Don't tell him I told you though, OK? When he gives you that serious look. All you gotta do is pet him on his forehead, or use the back of your fingers under his chin, AND HE MELTS! ... :p

Btw, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ; I can relate. The work I do, keeps me in a sleep deprived state. Not so bad if there isn't anything going on during the day, but if it's just one thing (and nothing takes 5 minutes to do, btw ... lol). Well forget about it! ... LOL

Your antique radio sounds really cool! I found a Sony Clock Radio for him last night. Sony makes great products. It's small (doesn't take up much space), but sounds great for it's size. ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have a Great Day!

Pops
Oh, well, us desert rats can never get enough of our beloved deserts, can we? It sure spoiled me for life on anything else. Just show me a pic of a joshua tree and I get all nostalgic. I know the shape of the mountains to the south of us like they're burned on my eyes. It's also part of my ancestry to love the desert.

I like the redecorating you did, and the box is quite appropriate for the kid now that he's got his fancy activity center ;)

*And I know you know, but I can't not say: You have that trap door secured, so he can never get trapped in the trap while you're away/asleep, yes? Of course.* ;)

He is so handsome! Black cats are my favorites aesthetically speaking, though I love all cats. He looks a lot like my beloved Sun who left me some years ago. He's quite a sweet guy, too, from your reports!

Yeah, I'm always amazed I get through life with few errors, for which I'm grateful. Some people just require less sleep than others (though I would LIKE to get more...)

I bought a new Sony boombox a couple of months back, too, to replace an old one that wasn't playing CD's for me any more. They do make good products and the little plastic boxes are pretty cheap now. I like them better than new tech because I still have a lot of CD's I love and even over 400 cassettes!!! though I must admit I don't dig any of those out very often. But some of them have irreplaceable stuff on them.

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, well, us desert rats can never get enough of our beloved deserts, can we? It sure spoiled me for life on anything else. Just show me a pic of a joshua tree and I get all nostalgic. I know the shape of the mountains to the south of us like they're burned on my eyes. It's also part of my ancestry to love the desert.

I like the redecorating you did, and the box is quite appropriate for the kid now that he's got his fancy activity center ;)

*And I know you know, but I can't not say: You have that trap door secured, so he can never get trapped in the trap while you're away/asleep, yes? Of course.* ;)

He is so handsome! Black cats are my favorites aesthetically speaking, though I love all cats. He looks a lot like my beloved Sun who left me some years ago. He's quite a sweet guy, too, from your reports!

Yeah, I'm always amazed I get through life with few errors, for which I'm grateful. Some people just require less sleep than others (though I would LIKE to get more...)

I bought a new Sony boombox a couple of months back, too, to replace an old one that wasn't playing CD's for me any more. They do make good products and the little plastic boxes are pretty cheap now. I like them better than new tech because I still have a lot of CD's I love and even over 400 cassettes!!! though I must admit I don't dig any of those out very often. But some of them have irreplaceable stuff on them.
Sorry for the loss of your "Sun"!

For me, while driving in from Vegas on 93, south of I-40. You'd get to an area where you'd see the Saguaro Cactus growing on the side of the mountain. This always gave me the feeling I was close to home! Joshua trees, although we have them in AZ, reminds me of California. Don't know why, just does. Might be from my visits to Cali back in the day!

Took me a second, but now I know what you meant about the box! ... lol

No worries about the trap. It's locked in it's upright position. However, I'm taking your concern, by removing the lock, and dropping the door. Yes, always better to be safe, and take the side of caution, then sorry! So yeah, thanks!

From I guy who still carries a Flip Phone. I use CD's as well, but mostly in my Jeep.

On to other news: Kid's poop report came in. NO OTHER PARASITES FOUND!

Pops

PS I did ask DOC, if the kid needs other medication. If she could "please" find one where it's given via a needle! ... LOL

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the loss of your "Sun"!

For me, while driving in from Vegas on 93, south of I-40. You'd get to an area where you'd see the Saguaro Cactus growing on the side of the mountain. This always gave me the feeling I was close to home! Joshua trees, although we have them in AZ, reminds me of California. Don't know why, just does. Might be from my visits to Cali back in the day!

Took me a second, but now I know what you meant about the box! ... lol

No worries about the trap. It's locked in it's upright position. However, I'm taking your concern, by removing the lock, and dropping the door. Yes, always better to be safe, and take the side of caution, then sorry! So yeah, thanks!

From I guy who still carries a Flip Phone. I use CD's as well, but mostly in my Jeep.

On to other news: Kid's poop report came in. NO OTHER PARASITES FOUND!

Pops

PS I did ask DOC, if the kid needs other medication. If she could "please" find one where it's given via a needle! ... LOL
Yeah, joshuas are definitely Mojave trees. They're in the NV side of the Mojave, too, but only in the Mojave as far as I know. I know what you mean! Certain plants, certain views, certain shapes - those mean HOME.

I love tech, but I guess you could say I'm an individual because I like what I like and not what's shoved down my throat by the media. I don't get a lot of time for music these days, but when I do, I like stuff I LIKE, not what is "popular". It runs the gamut in style/genre/times. Choice is a good thing IMHO, and so is being able to listen for free. Paying per song? It'll never happen here. I have satellite TV which comes with a zillion music channels, too, so I've got the ones I like on the menu and I listen to those sometimes, plus my favorite local public radio station. I only have two ears, too, so it's enough. ;):dazzler:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just checking in, A azpops , wondering how the Kid is doing, and how you're doing. Hope all is well over there.

Thanks, we're doing well! He goes in for his Booster shot first Tuesday in August.

It's been awhile now, so I should give the Kid a name. However, names aren't one of my strong points. Well to be honest, I don't have many strong points, or in other words, I ain't good at too many things! ... LOL

I was thinking about starting a thread, to possibly ask for a few ideas. It's been awhile now, almost a month here, and three months since we first met.

However I don't want to overthink it, but IMO, the name should be a strong one, that's fitting for him, and his personality.

He's presently registered at DOC's clinic as, "Black Cat"!

Have a GREAT Weekend!

Pops

BTW, he doesn't sleep in his carrier, since he's been back! He did smash it a few times though! ... LOL .... He must be thinking the carrier is to blame for his trip to DOC's!

Last edited: