Referral Needed, Re. Rescue Organization, Or Tnr Group

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, now I'm listening to Aerosmith on YouTube. Thanks azpops. This is a fun walk down memory lane. :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about Santana? That might be more of a girl's name though. But my cat Demi has a girl's name. My favorite song of all time:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was fun azpops. I spent the day listening to music on YouTube and dancing around the room. I didn't get much housework done though. Thanks for the reminder of all the old songs, and I hope you got some ideas for a good kitty name. Tyler is a pretty popular name. People probably wouldn't automatically think of Aerosmith unless you tell them. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was fun azpops. I spent the day listening to music on YouTube and dancing around the room. I didn't get much housework done though. Thanks for the reminder of all the old songs, and I hope you got some ideas for a good kitty name. Tyler is a pretty popular name. People probably wouldn't automatically think of Aerosmith unless you tell them. ;)
OK, got a few more, then I'm heading to bed! ... LOL

Binx
Edgar aka Edgar Allan Poe
Jinx

Tyler is still in my head.

Pops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about Poe? I like that better than Edgar. I'm just not into old fashioned names. Jinx is okay. What about Jax or Jackson?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am loving all the reactions! We all have our favorites and NON favorites. I would say, what does kitty think? Any reactions there? Try calling the names out and see what happens. Lol You and Kitty have to live with it so maybe kitty can be the final vote. If kitty comes when you call.....Eureka! You’ve found it! If all else fails pull up a list of names for babies and just start reading them out loud. Who knows. Maybe kitty will sing out! Have a good rest!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What about Poe? I like that better than Edgar. I'm just not into old fashioned names. Jinx is okay. What about Jax or Jackson?

Hmmmmmmm, Jackson, yeah maybe? .... Never been there though. ... :)

Pops

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am loving all the reactions! We all have our favorites and NON favorites. I would say, what does kitty think? Any reactions there? Try calling the names out and see what happens. Lol You and Kitty have to live with it so maybe kitty can be the final vote. If kitty comes when you call.....Eureka! You’ve found it! If all else fails pull up a list of names for babies and just start reading them out loud. Who knows. Maybe kitty will sing out! Have a good rest!
I've been spending time Googling names of Black Cat's is how I came up with Binx, and the others.

I had it easy, as all my dogs cept for one already had a name. One I adopted from the Humane Society in Phoenix, was named Harley (her paper work showed she was a 7 year old, owner surrender, who owned her since she was a puppy. So I didn't want to change her name). I rode scooters like forever back in the day, and would never have called a dog Harley, as in Harley Davidson (went to school to learn how to fix'um). So I changed the spelling to Harlee.

Pops

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could just confuse everyone and call him Irish! :lol: Red? Blue? Lucky? ( He really is lucky) Eclipse? I had a kitten that responded to me talking to a dog. The dog said UFF! The cat liked it so his name ended up UFF which stood for Unidetified Flying Feline. I told you I have had to come up with a lot of names! The folks at the vet loved it. The person who adopted him kept the name. It was actually a kitten I never wanted to give up. The name really did fit. I still miss UFF. :dancingblackcat:Just remember, “a Rose by any other name would smell as sweet”. Just love him. ( not suggesting you name him rose lol)

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What about Santana? That might be more of a girl's name though. But my cat Demi has a girl's name. My favorite song of all time:
Love this song as well! Funny thing when I went to see Santana's concert in the Diamond Head Creator, ..... Awh never mind, it was funny though! ... :lol:

OK, let me know what you'all think about these?

This is "IZ" Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (W is pronounced as a V)

Koa – Ancient Hawaiian Warriors | Aloha Valley

Cat Names - Koa

Wow, that was A LOT of WORK!

Thanks!

Pops

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does this help? In Spanish Cisco mean Frenchman. In Spanish Santana means Saint Ana. Tyler means tile maker( maybe that why he kneads his paws) Edgar means fortunate and powerful, from the Olde English compound meaning rich, happy and spear! Hmmm
Eclipse means son of the moon and strength and Iz ( actually Izzy) means oath of God. See a fit with any of these? Oh yeah, Irish is self explanatory. Lol Good luck!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cash is a cool name too. Or Johnny....I'm just using this thread as an excuse to listen to music all day and not do my work. :D

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, what name did you decide on? You could make a poll and ask people to vote...I would practice calling him with each name. You want a name that sounds good to your ears. :D

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, what name did you decide on? You could make a poll and ask people to vote...I would practice calling him with each name. You want a name that sounds good to your ears. :D
Still up in the air, re. his name. For some reason, Chester came to mind. I tried the, calling him a few of those names, but, ... Oh well.

I was reading Norachan's thread, re. relocating her colony. And man, can she come up with some great names, the same with Jcatbird, as well!

Pops

PS Cash is a good one!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not Chester! LOL, you really seem to like the old fashioned names. I think you should just go with Tyler.