Referral Needed, Re. Rescue Organization, Or Tnr Group

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I listened and I enjoyed!
I have been enjoying all the music. I have never found a type of music that didn’t have something I could find to like. Music lightens our hearts, makes us dance, makes us think, distracts us from our worries and lifts our spirits. Amazing how much it can do! It can even help find a kitty’s name! ;)
I hope all is well with you and Santi A azpops

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is Santi doing? I never heard of the Cocteau Twins. I like that falcetto voice though. Check out this LeAnn Rimes song, Love Is An Army. I love the high voice and the yodeling towards the end!

Nice! Thanks for posting this song! Glad you enjoyed the Cocteau Twins.

M maggiedemi , tarasgirl06, and Jcatbird; Thanks for asking about "SANTI"!

The Kid got sick from his Booster, so DOC's husband gave him a shot, and he was back to his ornery self again! .... lol ... I guess vaccines are a necessary evil! ... One of my dogs got sick when it was time for her Rabies shot!

We've had a few Thunder Storms, and "SANTI" got to watch one, which passed us for must have been over an hour (it hit us twice), from the safety of his window, last night (I was working in it)! Man did it come down heavy, had a great light show as well. Kind of spooky when you have to walk in it though! ... LOL

When you have a chance, check out "This Mortal Coil", "Dead Can Dance", and "Julee Cruise".

OK, time to pick it up some! ..... HIT IT, Perry!

Pops

Last edited:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, it took all of a month and a week to figure out how to use the dang computer! And, guess what? It didn't take long, but SANTI's IN LOVE!

Don't ask how (cause I have absolutely NO idea), but he got into my AMAZON account. And he placed Alice's CD in my shopping cart!

OK, I told him, since I'm such a nice guy. I'll let it slide this time, and I'll get you this CD as well, just because!

Have a GREAT day!

Pops

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the music. Mellow then upbeat finale! Awesome.
Santi is very talented. Did he help you learn how to use the computer or just sit back and wait to use it? My Mackie has a computer love as well. He will push me aside to watch Nora the piano playing cat. Mackie plays the piano as well but he is a smitten kitten when she tickles the ivories. When my computer bit the dust Mackie turned to my iPhone. If he ever met her in person I think he would be speechless. That’s saying a lot when it comes to Mackie. Lol Tell Santi I want him to play his new CD for us when he gets it. If he is like Mackie ,he will be so excited to get a package you won’t be able to get near it. Mackie opens every package assuming it is for him. Have fun Santi! (You May have to change your password when Santi isn’t looking)

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So glad Santi is feeling fit again after his vax!
My three love "Cat Fishin'" on the iPhone. I must admit, I do too.
Thanks, yeah, he had me worried for a bit. Emailed DOC, she then set everything up for us in the AM. Had a nice chat with DOC's husband (don't get to talk to him much, as he's usually off when DOC is working). Aside from his reaction from the vaccine, he told me, "This Cat is SOLID (as in his build)"! ... :lol:

Love the music. Mellow then upbeat finale! Awesome.
Santi is very talented. Did he help you learn how to use the computer or just sit back and wait to use it? My Mackie has a computer love as well. He will push me aside to watch Nora the piano playing cat. Mackie plays the piano as well but he is a smitten kitten when she tickles the ivories. When my computer bit the dust Mackie turned to my iPhone. If he ever met her in person I think he would be speechless. That’s saying a lot when it comes to Mackie. Lol Tell Santi I want him to play his new CD for us when he gets it. If he is like Mackie ,he will be so excited to get a package you won’t be able to get near it. Mackie opens every package assuming it is for him. Have fun Santi! (You May have to change your password when Santi isn’t looking)
I changed my password to be safe. But who am I kidding right, I mean look at this face?

Oh, in regards to the storm that hit us this past week;

I think he's glad he wasn't in it! ... :p

Pops

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, yeah, he had me worried for a bit. Emailed DOC, she then set everything up for us in the AM. Had a nice chat with DOC's husband (don't get to talk to him much, as he's usually off when DOC is working). Aside from his reaction from the vaccine, he told me, "This Cat is SOLID (as in his build)"! ... :lol:

I changed my password to be safe. But who am I kidding right, I mean look at this face?

Oh, in regards to the storm that hit us this past week;

I think he's glad he wasn't in it! ... :p

Pops
Solid is good! He is so handsome.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahahaha! The pictures are great! What a face! First pic looks like he is watching everything. I doubt he needs your password. Something tells me he will just wait until you are already in and the instant you walk away he’ll be at the keyboard. He’s just biding his time. Lol
I know it passed through your mind during that storm that, thank goodness he is in. You saved him. I know that must be a huge relief. You’re a great and loving friend to Santi. Go azpops!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hahahaha! The pictures are great! What a face! First pic looks like he is watching everything. I doubt he needs your password. Something tells me he will just wait until you are already in and the instant you walk away he’ll be at the keyboard. He’s just biding his time. Lol
I know it passed through your mind during that storm that, thank goodness he is in. You saved him. I know that must be a huge relief. You’re a great and loving friend to Santi. Go azpops!
So far a night hasn't passed that I don't think about, how glad I am he's out of the property! The storm we had on Saturday night was a bad one. I'll park under an awning of sorts, sort of an open garage type of structure.

When it storms, I could sit in my chair far enough back where the rain doesn't reach. This time, I had to sit in my Jeep, and hit the wiper blades so I could see. Nothing was dry under the awning!

One thing I'm learning about the kid, is he goes nuts. I mean, one moment we're relaxing, and in a split second he'll go nuts.

Pops

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! I have a couple of nuts. They dash wildly up and over everything, including me! They get a wild hair! It is usually a prelude to play, litter box time, some exciting vision of something moving, a startleling noise or a request for attention/ petting/ food. Once in awhile a flea has bitten their bum! I think my Mackie thinks he is Super Cat and tries to fly! Lol That was one heck of a storm! Glad you found a dry spot. Stay safe!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ha! I have a couple of nuts. They dash wildly up and over everything, including me! They get a wild hair! It is usually a prelude to play, litter box time, some exciting vision of something moving, a startleling noise or a request for attention/ petting/ food. Once in awhile a flea has bitten their bum! I think my Mackie thinks he is Super Cat and tries to fly! Lol That was one heck of a storm! Glad you found a dry spot. Stay safe!

What I mean by nuts is, he'll be laying next to me, all relaxed. THEN OUT OF NO WHERE, HE'LL START SCRATCHING MY LEG! I mean, what the heck is that?

Sometimes I feel like he's one thing, but he's another. Sorta like this ...

:lol:

Pops

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahaaa! Awesome! Totally unexpected so I get your drift on the claw thing! Lol ouch! Cat scratching not so awesome. Santi is young. Still learning how to relate to humans. I expect it is rough play. Talk to him. Yelp when he does it and say , “ow, No Santi!” Place your hand gently to give a rub behind his ears and back of his neck. Then grab a toy and give it to him. Toss it away from you. He should get the idea that his claws are not acceptable.(they don’t want to hurt and do get it) They just get wild sometimes. Channel the wild. Also a gentle touch on the nose and then rub across and down the eyes will make him close his eyes. That often interrupts bad behaviour. He may try to nip but say NO. They may be independent critters but they do understand in time. Just like any animal they have to learn acceptable behaviour. Being a young male he needs some active play, he just doesn’t know the power he has. I have lots of ripped jeans for the same reason. Even the older guys still do it once in awhile. Then I could swear they run off grinning. Hit and run!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can relate. Demi was really naughty the other night. It was like 2am and nobody would wake up and play with him. So he went behind my desk and went woogie, woogie, woogie with my computer wires. I was so mad! He knew he was in trouble as soon as I got out of bed, so I didn't even need to reprimand him. He took off running. He knows he's not allowed to mess with electrical wires.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can relate. Demi was really naughty the other night. It was like 2am and nobody would wake up and play with him. So he went behind my desk and went woogie, woogie, woogie with my computer wires. I was so mad! He knew he was in trouble as soon as I got out of bed, so I didn't even need to reprimand him. He took off running. He knows he's not allowed to mess with electrical wires.
There are these sheaths for cables that look like old-fashioned telephone curly cords. I've searched a bunch of different sites looking for them. I know they exist, but I guess I'm not inputting the right info for their search engines to find what I'm talking about. Anyway, yeah, the cords need to be off limits for cats! My Elvis was lounging under my desk the other day and must have loosened the connection to my ethernet cord. I had to run diagnostics and finally isolated the problem, power cycled, checked all the connections and got back up and running. No one here bites cords, thanks god! but I put something in front of the power strip so this won't happen again. :geekcat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I have heard of those covers for the cords. I just figured he would leave them alone, since he knows it's not allowed. I guess he was feeling extra naughty. :nono:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I have heard of those covers for the cords. I just figured he would leave them alone, since he knows it's not allowed. I guess he was feeling extra naughty. :nono:
BAD boy. Very bad. *btw, Elvis just cruised under the desk and saw the subterfuge, and retreated to do an "egg cat" by the file cabinets. Poor Elvis.* :angrycat:

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahaaa! Awesome! Totally unexpected so I get your drift on the claw thing! Lol ouch! Cat scratching not so awesome. Santi is young. Still learning how to relate to humans. I expect it is rough play. Talk to him. Yelp when he does it and say , “ow, No Santi!” Place your hand gently to give a rub behind his ears and back of his neck. Then grab a toy and give it to him. Toss it away from you. He should get the idea that his claws are not acceptable.(they don’t want to hurt and do get it) They just get wild sometimes. Channel the wild. Also a gentle touch on the nose and then rub across and down the eyes will make him close his eyes. That often interrupts bad behaviour. He may try to nip but say NO. They may be independent critters but they do understand in time. Just like any animal they have to learn acceptable behaviour. Being a young male he needs some active play, he just doesn’t know the power he has. I have lots of ripped jeans for the same reason. Even the older guys still do it once in awhile. Then I could swear they run off grinning. Hit and run!
Shoot, you make it sound so easy! May be I'll ship him off to you for a 4 week boot camp training session! Then send him back all nice and such! ... ;) ... :lol:

That's one good thing with SANTI, is he hasn't showed any interest in wires! But yeah, I'd be pissed, well, more worried then pissed, but still pissed if he messed with the wires under my desk!

Seriously though, he's a good kid! Still got that kitten in him, but I thought with his hormones out of his system, it would have settled him down some!

Pops

Last edited: