Puar~!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, Christie here. I'm a new cat mom.

Though I grew up with cats, I am learning a whole bunch thanks to my newest adoptee, a former street kitten whom I've named Puar. I received him from another ex-pat who'd taken a job back in the states that required he travel 75% of the time.
WPTA8911[1].JPG

My previous cats were all living in a family setting, so this is the first I've had on my own, and I'm quite nervous. He has a few issues, but finding this forum has really helped ease my mind (and make me grateful that things aren't that bad)

I live in Seoul and in a small (by western standards) loft-style apartment. Basically, my whole place is a cat tower! Puar definitely is enjoying the stairs. I also work long hours and this makes me feel a bit bad, however, he is a grazer when he eats so there's always still food when I get home and after I get in, it's clear that he's just been asleep and could really care less (although his meowing would make you think otherwise)

He most likely has herpes, which I'm dealing with the best I can (he likes to eat his boogers). I have taken him to the vet and otherwise he's a healthy, chonky boy. He even sleeps next to me all night (first time having a cat like that!) and plays...A LOT. We're averaging at least 1.5 hours a night, rotating through wands, shoelaces, and laser pointer. The tips I read on structured play were great and I've started trying them out. He hates action figures (will need to get a firmly secured display box...) and loves digging in his litter box.

I'm looking forward to visiting this forum often to gain more insight into my cat's behavior and life. I thought I knew a lot through experience, but wow. Puar is definitely a ball of new challenges...for instance, I am commandeering a friend's bathroom this weekend just so that I can shave my legs in peace! Never had a bathroom howler cat before, but apparently it's pretty normal! I'd be fine with it except for living in an apartment, and it's also pretty cold if I just leave the door open!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-830568.gif
Christie and Puar, on behalf of the Catsite community, a warm
images.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Paur and he looks like he settled in well but we do hope that herpes will clear up soon.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to BOTH of you! What a handsome boy you have, and how lucky he was to find such a loving new home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks so much everyone! we're at the end of week two, and I think we're starting to understand each other.
IMG_3408[1].JPG