Adult Cat
Purraise
it  better be all she does is sleep and play for a little bit and eat hahaha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well started to get worried as in the past few days havent seen smudges kittens move but i just checked still cudnt feel anything then they just moved so thats took aload of my mind haha anywas is it normal for kittens to stop moving alot near the end and does that mean she is close am hoping so

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh and she not playing as much tonight she as a little play for a few seconds then lies on her side again which is deffo not like her she loves to play

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
got an appiontment 2moz with a different vet because i think the other vets were rubbish and not right so i explained on the phone and told her what has happened and what the other vet said and she said it dosnt sound right so now she in the vets 2moz for a proper check up and see whats going on and hopefully get some proper answers 

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck lilkim! Hoping Smudge is healthy and just taking a little while ;) I'm sure this vet will give you some answers you are looking for which will be good! Keep us updated <33 Here's some good vibes for you!!!

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ta clynn am hoping so to there is deffo kittens there i can see and feel them so can my partner so god nows whats going on the other vet said she should of had them 2 weeks ago but she was wrong so am going to see what they say am kinda nervous hope she aint got to long and theres no complications because she is not that big i will keep u updated 2moz after ive been

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so i got some sad news been to the vets and smudge aint pregnant anymore seems as though she was pregnant but absorbed them the vet said it can happen coz of stress or when she had a injection at the other vet and antibiotics maybe it was that 

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry ive not been on in ages, im so sorry to hear that. is she ok did the vet have to operate to remove them. poor wee smudge xx

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So it was why she delayed so extremy long with the delivery, because of absorption... Better absorbed than some very fatal outcome which we all feared...  Main thing the mom is OK!    :)

I didnt even know for fact they could have so late absorptions.  I had heard someone tell it, but I thouh it was the vet mistaking or soemthing...

*vibes*

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is sad when that happens. I had a rescue once who was pregnant, she had 3 maybe 4 weeks till kittens according to the vet... 6 weeks went by and no kittens so away to the vet we went. I was told she reabsorbed them, and it probably happened shortly after the first vet visit, or she was never pregnant after all. She was spayed and had no ill effects from it. Good thing is mom is going to be just fine.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww i'm sorry lilkim, I know you were very anxious waiting for the arrival of kittens
but look on the bright side of things, Smudge is healthy and happy! Sending you positive vibes

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeh she is ok the vet said she is healthy and happy which is good not getting her spayed just yet wont her to have one litter before she does , the vet thinks it was the other vets fault because of the injection she gave her because there not supposed to have them while pregnant but as long as she is happy and is healthy that all that matters and at least i can relax and not worry whats happening until next time but am going to be more cautious and take her regular to the vets for check ups next time

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please, what's with this 'just one litter' thing?  There are so many cats and kittens in rescues, all needing a home, plus pregnancy and kittening is a risk to her.  A small one, but a risk.

I also doubt the injection had anything to do with it - she has had a discharge for over 2 weeks, and that's not good - you also mention it being brownish 2 weeks ago, which to my mind is staining from old blood.

Because you don't know when she mated it wasn't possible for you to know when kittens were due, which made managing what I'd call an unusual pregnancy very difficult.  What exactly was the injection, and how long ago did she have it?  And what were the symptoms that prompted the vet to give it to her?  I think you mentioned her maybe having a temperature at some point, my feeling is that she has had some sort of infection that didn't affect her to any great degree, but caused her to lose her kittens.

reekajane

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is nothing wrong with having a litter of kitten. If you really like your cat and want more of her, the best way is to let her have kittens. Don't give up!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Please reconsider your decision not to spay.  There are many benefits to your cat for her health.  There is a lower chance of breast cancer and infections of the uterus (pyometra) which can be fatal. Not having heat cycles will reduce the stress on her. See this article for other benefits.

There are so many cats and kittens without homes. You will only be adding to the overpopulation.

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing wrong with having a litter of kitten. If you really like your cat and want more of her, the best way is to let her have kittens. Don't give up!
Sorry cannot agree.  There are so many cats and kittens stuck in rescues, and more than can't get in when that's really where they need to be.  And wanting 'more of her' is in my view a selfish reason for wanting to let her breed.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Become involved in rescue, have unwanted, sick kittens die in your arms because people refuse to spay and neuter their pets and then see how you feel. Even those who "find them all good homes" are taking those good homes away from cats/kittens already waiting for forever homes in shelters. Leave the breeding to the responsible, registered breeders and get your cat spayed.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Become involved in rescue, have unwanted, sick kittens die in your arms because people refuse to spay and neuter their pets and then see how you feel. Even those who "find them all good homes" are taking those good homes away from cats/kittens already waiting for forever homes in shelters. Leave the breeding to the responsible, registered breeders and get your cat spayed.
I completely agree with Kailie, I have had so many kittens needlessly die despite my best efforts to save them, and it is heartbreaking. This kitten season is going to be bad already as it is, I am already filled with momma cats and kittens and I get asked to take in more almost daily, and this is just the beginning of it. I am already worried about finding homes for all the wonderful kittens I have. If you want kittens in your life, foster for a rescue and save lives, or if your shelters are like mine pull a pregnant or nursing cat out I'm sure there are several there who would love a nice place to raise her young instead of in the scary shelter. Also in my experience with kittens you rarely get "more of her", the kittens have their own personalities, and typically their own markings. I have one litter of kittens right now where not even one is a tabby like mom.