pregnant cat temperature dropped ?

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well decided to buy a thermometer today and just checked my cats temperature and it was 36.3 c which is 97.3 f so i was wondering is she going to go in labour is so when she not acting any different really then she has been and is the temperature a sure thing i all ready have everything set up its just waiting game and i dont know how far she is at all so its a guess really how far she is but i have for nearly two weeks seen the kittens moving and can feel them also am going to check her temp again to make sure i was right because she was moving a little when i tried last time 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
also she is around her genitals alot even though she has been in the last week but today just seems more occupied with her genitals than her belly were in the past week its been both if that helps

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, the temp drop is supposed to be a rather sure sign for delivery oncoming very soon.

Im though wondering a little about the temp, it is a rather big drop do you have here, somewhat bigger than the usual.

Had you met her with this termometer and had the usual temp of about 38,3-5 / F 101-02?

Is the termometer not so well calibrated, or may it be rather cold at your place?

*vibes*

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i dont know what temp she was before but i know last tuesday she had abit of a high temp but its not really cold in my house and she dosnt feel cold ill check her again and make sure because she was moving a little bit but dont want to do it to soon just in case it may up set her so ill try again in a few hours

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so i checker her temp again properly with someone to help me she moved at the last second but it werent going any higher but it was 36.6c so about 97.8 f so should she be having babies soon i dont want to check her again as she seemed a little distressed this time when i did it any thoughts

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nay, you have entirely right, no point in stressing her when she is near now.

Good luck!   *vibes*

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't be stressing a pregnant girl by taking her temp. With my girls I can feel the temp drop by running my hands along their body, but I also have the benefit of knowing when my girls mate and are due

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well still no kittens she just eaten lots of food and did this unusual cry never herd her make that cry before she did it 3 or 4 times to me so ive put her in my bedroom away room also i let her owt earlier coz it nice and when she come back in she didnt look pregnant any more as in she werent bulging from the side but her stomach looks a little lower to the floor instead and i can still feel the kittens so does this mean she going to have them soon oh am i wishful thinking

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i ment away from the kids lol

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, the kittens going down into jump-postions is another sign it is nearing.   Like with human babies.

Good luck!    *vibes*

(Im back in 5-6 hours)

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh maybe soon then so how can you tell is her belly has dropped and no sign still she back down stairs with me just sleeping lots but she does that anywas but she still dosnt look right big when she lies on her side her belly sort of looks bigger coz it flattens out if that make sense but still feel the kitties 

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh and she stopped that crying now so dont know what that was about 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The waiting game is usually difficult!

*vibes*

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i feel like ive been waiting forever all ready got home for at least 3 kittens if she has that many so how can you tell by looking at a cat if her belly has deffo dropped

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
still no kitties but she acting different today wants to stay up stairs so hoping its going to be over the weekend when she has them

sylvastar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i think our cats are at the same stage. ive been expecting her to have the kittens any day for over a week and its driving me crazy.  its just a waiting game now.. and as all cats are diffrent it may be hard to know when she actually goes into labor. i noticed my cats belly had dropped a little about five days ago but she has still not had them apparently its going to drop more. i would just keep a close eye on her and contine to play the waiting game with her. hope she has them soon. be sure to keep us updated and post pictures of the kittens.

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well i dont know if its dropped properly yet all i know is she not bulging at the sides any more ive been waiting for 2 weeks now because i didnt know when she is due and she keeps having signs then not signs but i will keep you updated and when she does finally go in labour i can give you abit of an idea of how her labour went ive read your post aswell sylvastar so let me know if yours has hers and let me know what signs she has and pics aswell and ill put pics on too

sylvastar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok thanks. and i will be sure to do that. i guess we will see who has there kittens first

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha yeh she abit hyper tonight but then again she is still young herself about 11 months old dont really know though took her in and ive had her since before xmas but she very aggressive tonight she was loving earlier and just keeps attacking me does your cat do this