pregnant cat temperature dropped ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
omg omg need help my cats belly is is proper like tightening 6  at once they were huge it was like her belly did this big squeeze like jolts never happend before they were really strong could see them from the other side of the room could it be labour

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I really hope it is labour! 

You dont describe any peculiar behavior from her?  So it should be labour yes.

Good luck!    *vibes*

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that sounds like labour to me!! yey! good luck. 

i just got bit of a fright with sasha she was meowing like mad then went behind couch and meowed while purring. then when i went up stairs she followed us and hid under the bed wouldnt let us near her. thought she might have been going into early labour. did your cats act like this a week and a half before they were due. she also been hiding in alot of places today like ehind tv cabnet and garage and behind couch etc

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she not acting any different she was playing then just stopped lied on her side and had them squeezes she hasnt had any more yet but i read they can be so many minutes apart but she does keep  wondering around the house and she did have a quick look at the nesting box but thats it she still eating and drinking oh last night she kept banging at my boiler door she never done this before so i opened it and had a look round and that was it 

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeh mine did kept trying to get behind my telly and stuff 

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well she went to the litter tray must of thought she need it and had the smallest poo ever so think she might be in labour with the weird trip to the litter tray getting excited now 

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
still now babies grrr she better have them tonight haha 

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i ment no lol

amanda jones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I've just read through this whole thread and can't believe you still have no kittens, lilkim!

I'm new to the forum and found this thread via google when I was searching for info on temp drop if cat is about to go into labour. Our cat Rosie is pregnant and today she started acting very strange, loving, meowing, pacing, even letting our 6 month old kitten play fight with her (usually she growls and hisses to make him go away). Today she's following me and the kitten around, meowing, cuddling, purring. We popped her to the vets today to check all was well and her temp was 99.5 which I thought meant she was due v soon? We know she mated on 18th Feb (maybe earlier too) so didn't think she was due for another 2 weeks. The vet said soon as she squeezed her nipples and a little bit of milk did come out.

Could she be going into labour now? Or is she just nesting and getting ready? I haven't noticed a spot she's chosen and she doesn't like the drawer we're trying to get her to use, lol! Oh, one other thing, she is also trying to pick Jimmy (the 6 month old) up and carry him like he's her baby. So cute! He's almost as big as her though, lol!

Any thoughts? Fingers crossed all you expecting mummies will have kittens v soon!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Welcome Amanda!

Best you start your own thread. Easier to see if there is something new in your case.

copy and paste if you dont want to rewrite.

But as you are probably seeing, this is a maze. If you know for sure the day of conception, it helps some. If you dont know - it is a pure waiting game.

Even the "fireproof" signs arent reliable....

Good luck!  *vibes*

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
is this normal ?? so tonight when smudge lies on her side her back legs keep twitching like slightly moving every few seconds is this normal she never done this before also she as been sleeping most of the day not really playing as she usually does

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
is this normal ?? so tonight when smudge lies on her side her back legs keep twitching like slightly moving every few seconds is this normal she never done this before also she as been sleeping most of the day not really playing as she usually does

legs twitching / trembling is sign of contractions. Btw, I saw it one of forumists mentioned in some tread.

I really hope the delivery time is coming!

Good luck!   *vibes*

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks but still no sign vets are closed today as its easter and easter bank holiday 2moz so if she hasnt had them she going vets tuesday unless she becomes distressed then il take her emergency vets

layla50

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lexi has had those trembly contractions for days now, no distress, and no active labour. It's hard waiting. You and I are in the same boat!

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha yeh this will be the 3rd day for smudge aswell she has had all the signs but nothing well if there not here after holidays , a trip to the vet for her haha 

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i want kittens to haha , but still no sign i thought she deffo would have had them over the weekend special because she look like she had a few contractions on friday