Post Your Best Cat Loaf

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know that "to loaf" meant anything else than "to lounge around in an idle way or to spend time idly" Is "baking a loaf" an American version of this verb? Please excuse my ignorance, English is not my first language.
We call this loafing because when a cat sits like that with its paws tucked in, it looks like a loaf of bread ;)

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Katie M but I was questioning the use of "loafing" as meaning "baking" as given in post 196 in this tread by Royalty. In other words does "to loaf" also means "to bake"?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Katie M but I was questioning the use of "loafing" as meaning "baking" as given in post 196 in this tread by Royalty. In other words does "to loaf" also means "to bake"?
golondrina golondrina - No, it doesn't. The original "catloaf" meme began on the USENET Newsgroup rec.pets.cats in the early 1990s when the ability to post images came about. It was picked up by ICHC at the end of 2007 - the meme suggesting that cats with their front paws tucked in looked exactly like traditional meatloaves:

As the meme made the rounds, it morphed in the same way The Whisper Game changes something that's said and repeated, and the "loaf," became a loaf of bread in a much later meme:

There was a recent Twitter post using the original photo - or one very similar to it:

declaring Mondays Meatloaf Mondays, in the same fashion as ICHC spawned, "Caturday," and "Cat Tongue Tuesday."