Post Your Best Cat Loaf

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much 1CatOverTheLine. You are a walking encyclopedia!! I'm glad I asked the question. Once upon a time and for a short period I learned my living as a translator. The meaning of words in different languages always intrigues me. It is a bit like a game for me. :read:

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Katie M but I was questioning the use of "loafing" as meaning "baking" as given in post 196 in this tread by Royalty. In other words does "to loaf" also means "to bake"?
It's just a phrase really some people call it baking a kitty loaf but to be honest it's the same thing it's basically the cat/ kitten sitting with paws turned under and from the top looking like a loaf shape

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Mocha is lovely and looks quite comfy on your pretty carpet Tobermorey. Is she a diluted torbie?
Well, there was some debate about whether she's a dilute torbie or dilute tortie over on the Describing Cats forum when I asked the question a few months ago! The experts seemed to agree that she was tortie because of the blue/gray on her head and backs of her legs. She does, though, shade a bit into the warmer tones on her sides, and her tail is darker brown and cream striped. There's a bit of red on her eyebrows. She has such a sweet purrsonality, although she's still skittish. She was probably mistreated before coming to the sanctuary where she spent a year-and-a-half, but she's come a long way since I adopted her in October as a terrified semi-feral three-year-old!

Attachments

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few loafs in the house.

^ There is this bathroom loaf.

^ This nervous new loaf, on her first time in our ... pantry?

^ And here is Gohan loaf mirrored with a marbled tortie loaf, or what is known as synchronized loafing. There is some weird tabby pretzel on the chair, but pay him no heed.