Post Your Best Cat Loaf

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW What a lovely bunch, you must have your hands full. One thing is sure, they can't be lonely if you ever absent yourself from home. Is there a thread where you tell us how you deal with them? One thing comes to mind: you can only offer ONE lap :redheartpump: I suspect Moo Shu to have some privileges.
golondrina golondrina - I have housekeeping help, part time (24 hours a week) through an agency, but honestly, they're really not much trouble at all, and yes - they do take care of each other for the most part. I suspect it's because eight of them were once feral - Oz and White Tip, Puff and Scottiecat, and Black Friday and Clawed-Ya are all related to one another in one way or another, as are Peanut and Lance to one another, and feral cats - even once they've forgotten what it was like to fight for very their Lives every day - still watch over one another, whether they were part of a single colony or otherwise. Bob, Moo Shu and Miró were all simply discarded like worn out shoes, and I expect that the rest of their extended Family realises that, and embraces them as they do one another.

I've never started a thread about my little Family simply because the story would hold no interest for anyone who didn't know them. They're "just cats" to most people outside our wonderful community her on TCS - cats born in the wild, to Parents born likewise, or cats thrown away by their former owners, plain and simple. People who aren't "cat people" or "animal lovers" seem unable to learn the simple things about Life, and for those who do understand, there's no need to tell a story which they know already - that when we treat others - no matter if they're cats, dogs, other people or the animals of the wild world - with kindness and respect, we're rewarded tenfold; that patience and gentleness wins the day, every single time, and that Gallus' reply to The Muses at the final lines of Virgil's Ecologues might, indeed, be all the truth we know, and all the truth we need - that Love does, indeed, conquer all.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
golondrina golondrina - I have housekeeping help, part time (24 hours a week) through an agency, but honestly, they're really not much trouble at all, and yes - they do take care of each other for the most part. I suspect it's because eight of them were once feral - Oz and White Tip, Puff and Scottiecat, and Black Friday and Clawed-Ya are all related to one another in one way or another, as are Peanut and Lance to one another, and feral cats - even once they've forgotten what it was like to fight for very their Lives every day - still watch over one another, whether they were part of a single colony or otherwise. Bob, Moo Shu and Miró were all simply discarded like worn out shoes, and I expect that the rest of their extended Family realises that, and embraces them as they do one another.

I've never started a thread about my little Family simply because the story would hold no interest for anyone who didn't know them. They're "just cats" to most people outside our wonderful community her on TCS - cats born in the wild, to Parents born likewise, or cats thrown away by their former owners, plain and simple. People who aren't "cat people" or "animal lovers" seem unable to learn the simple things about Life, and for those who do understand, there's no need to tell a story which they know already - that when we treat others - no matter if they're cats, dogs, other people or the animals of the wild world - with kindness and respect, we're rewarded tenfold; that patience and gentleness wins the day, every single time, and that Gallus' reply to The Muses at the final lines of Virgil's Ecologues might, indeed, be all the truth we know, and all the truth we need - that Love does, indeed, conquer all.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - You and your lovely family keep inspiring and charming us, every single day.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you 1CatOverTheLine for your reply. Not being experienced in the care of cats (Cucumella has been my only cat) I couldn't imagine living with so many kittens and taking care of them all. I realize now that they can create a "community" not expecting the same individual attention from their human as does a unique kitten.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you 1CatOverTheLine for your reply. Not being experienced in the care of cats (Cucumella has been my only cat) I couldn't imagine living with so many kittens and taking care of them all. I realize now that they can create a "community" not expecting the same individual attention from their human as does a unique kitten.[/QUOTE

I'm "retaking" this reply to your post, 1CatOverTheLine, having been interrupted earlier today. I just wanted to tell you how much
I have enjoyed getting acquainted with your lovely bunch and getting to know their names and individual origins. ¨
I envy your courage and strength.