PLEASE HELP!!!!

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about the time I found Anubis. In some way it makes me angry that people wouldn't help him when they would walk passed him. All they would say "awe poor kitty". Don't just stand there in pity, help him for gods sakes!! Ugh: It makes me so mad. How can you not help a helpless a animal. This guy was by trash can, covered in ants, in this heat, with his eyes sealed shut and very skinny. His little feet had cuts. And all you people walking by only said "poor kitty". I'm so glad I brought him home. He's very mischievous, but I'd rather he destroy everything in his path than to see him skinny, weak and dying. :rant over: lol

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking about the time I found Anubis. In some way it makes me angry that people wouldn't help him when they would walk passed him. All they would say "awe poor kitty". Don't just stand there in pity, help him for gods sakes!! Ugh: It makes me so mad. How can you not help a helpless a animal. This guy was by trash can, covered in ants, in this heat, with his eyes sealed shut and very skinny. His little feet had cuts. And all you people walking by only said "poor kitty". I'm so glad I brought him home. He's very mischievous, but I'd rather he destroy everything in his path than to see him skinny, weak and dying. :rant over: lol
They may not have seen him or didn't realize what was going on. They didn't find him because they weren't supposed to. You were brought to him because he belongs with you (and lovely Princess, of course). His outcome likely would have been different had someone else paid attention. The Cat Goddess wanted you to find him and be his mama. She is never wrong. Everything happens the way it is supposed to. :hugs:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
They may not have seen him or didn't realize what was going on. They didn't find him because they weren't supposed to. You were brought to him because he belongs with you (and lovely Princess, of course). His outcome likely would have been different had someone else paid attention. The Cat Goddess wanted you to find him and be his mama. She is never wrong. Everything happens the way it is supposed to.
This is a very positive way to look at it.  I have to admit, I was equally appalled that people would just walk by a desperately ill kitten, but you are absolutely right:  it took a special person to save Anubis and maybe someone else wouldn't have been up to the job.   

sue f

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, remember that many people are afraid of cats, and may have been afraid of getting bitten and contracting rabies.  I myself have a great fear of dogs.

I once stopped after seeing a pickup truck hit a small kitten, and held the little thing while it died in my hands with its intestines hanging out.  I cried for hours, and I am not prone to tears.  It was a very painful experience.

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They may not have seen him or didn't realize what was going on. They didn't find him because they weren't supposed to. You were brought to him because he belongs with you (and lovely Princess, of course). His outcome likely would have been different had someone else paid attention. The Cat Goddess wanted you to find him and be his mama. She is never wrong. Everything happens the way it is supposed to.

This is a very positive way to look at it.  I have to admit, I was equally appalled that people would just walk by a desperately ill kitten, but you are absolutely right:  it took a special person to save Anubis and maybe someone else wouldn't have been up to the job.   
Some people are cruel and heartless.  Some are so selfish and wrapped up in their own lives, they don't notice when another being needs help.  Some just don't want to put in the time, effort, or money to help.  Others might not have seen him.  Regardless, it is probably best that you found him and helped him rather than someone else.  Even some of the people here have said they probably would have had him put down out of mercy because they wouldn't have expected him to make it.  You refused to give up.  You kept fighting for him even when you thought you were fighting a losing battle.  You didn't give up and you didn't phone it in.  I'm a Christian.  I believe that God has a plan for each one of us and you finding Anubis was part of that plan.  You did more than saving a kitten.  You gave a lot of people hope and you may have inspired some to help needy animals.  Your story is miraculous and inspirational.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Some people are cruel and heartless.  Some are so selfish and wrapped up in their own lives, they don't notice when another being needs help.  Some just don't want to put in the time, effort, or money to help.  Others might not have seen him.  Regardless, it is probably best that you found him and helped him rather than someone else.  Even some of the people here have said they probably would have had him put down out of mercy because they wouldn't have expected him to make it.  You refused to give up.  You kept fighting for him even when you thought you were fighting a losing battle.  You didn't give up and you didn't phone it in.  I'm a Christian.  I believe that God has a plan for each one of us and you finding Anubis was part of that plan.  You did more than saving a kitten.  You gave a lot of people hope and you may have inspired some to help needy animals.  Your story is miraculous and inspirational.
Thank you

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Ha ha, love the expressions in that first photo:  it's like Anubis is all 'Who?  Me?  Butter wouldn't melt in this mouth, I am SO sweet and innocent', and Princess is 'Meowme, he is S U C H a pest.  Give me peace'.  

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats have no masters.  A few minutes ago, I almost tripped over Murphy and John says, "Murphy, you're always in the way!"  And I said, "No, he isn't.  Cats are never in the way.  Humans are just going the wrong way."  I made a funny.  I want to embroider it on a pillow.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Lol he is a bratty 1 year old cat! [emoji]128514[/emoji]

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought these catnip treats because I thought to myself hmmm I can give them these whenever they behave . Well turns out those treats are going to spoil because they never behave. Anubis is very mischievous, princess well, she doesn't misbehave, but neither does she behave so she's neutral. [emoji]128543[/emoji]

Last edited:

sue f

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, bribe them with the treats.  I give my two a treat in their toy puzzle box every morning before I go to work; they usually ignore the toys, dig out the treats then trash the living room.

I also give one treat for every paw they let me clip nails on.

Hey, maybe the 'nip will mellow them out!!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  Nip, mellow out Anubis and Princess?  I can't say it has that effect on Mouse.  

I'm with Handsome Kitty, just give in and share those treats @lallorona  , the littlest bit of not bad, not beastly behaviour merrits treats for kitties.  

Reward when they are being cute and doing what ever you want them to do again, and they are sure to remember and do it again.  
      You might not end up with well behaved non mischevous kitties but they are sure to enjoy being 'good', and will get more round and therefor slightly less able to get to all the places they shouldn't (or at least that's what's happened with the Mouse).  

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Anubis sits before I hand him his treat. He probably thinks he's a dog or a reincarnated dog in a cats body [emoji]128563[/emoji]

I don't care if Anubis is a one year old adult cat and taking pictures with his mom is not cool, to me he is still a baby and I'll still take snapchat pictures with him LOL

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, he's so handsome, and what a cute 'serious' face he's pulling there.  

He looks like such a lovely snuggle-cat there, I wish I could feel that adorable armful of warm fur next to me.  

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
He is so soft , he's like a little pillow. Every time I snuggle
Him or kiss him he always has that mad look on his face [emoji]128514[/emoji]