Please help with big decision

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since Dinah is spending most of her sleepy time in the Cat-Cave on her bed, I took the opportunity to get under her bed to clean there. Also, all the toys she was hoarding all the way in the back under the bed, I took out most of them but left a few. So as to not disturb her too much, I used a long sweeper/duster and just talked to her while cleaning. She stayed right in her cave!

I left a few toys that I just could not reach and the toys in this picture weren't even all of the ones I took out!!!

She is certainly a funny little girl and I have no reservations about bringing her in the house at all. She has stolen my heart right from the start and every morning I look forward to her antics and interactions even if I can't get too close to her yet :)

DinahToys.jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Dinah is spending most of her sleepy time in the Cat-Cave on her bed, I took the opportunity to get under her bed to clean there. Also, all the toys she was hoarding all the way in the back under the bed, I took out most of them but left a few. So as to not disturb her too much, I used a long sweeper/duster and just talked to her while cleaning. She stayed right in her cave!

I left a few toys that I just could not reach and the toys in this picture weren't even all of the ones I took out!!!

She is certainly a funny little girl and I have no reservations about bringing her in the house at all. She has stolen my heart right from the start and every morning I look forward to her antics and interactions even if I can't get too close to her yet :)

View attachment 469556
Lol ,this is just one of the 4 toy bins at my house- they go in the bins and take out what they want- they are a messy bunch

My Cheech was the only cat I ever had that put all his toys away( something he started doing on his own from a little kitten)- there would be toys all over the house but every morning they were back in their toy box..... amazing fellow,my beloved,miss him terribly

Attachments

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol ,this is just one of the 4 toy bins at my house- they go in the bins and take out what they want- they are a messy bunch

My Cheech was the only cat I ever had that put all his toys away( something he started doing on his own from a little kitten)- there would be toys all over the house but every morning they were back in their toy box..... amazing fellow,my beloved,miss him terribly
That is a "Tidy Cat" haha. And a smart one. I love his name. I think I will put a small toy bin in Dinah's room and see what she does. Always looking to do something different for her. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Alot of people rotate cats toys ,leave a couple out and when they lose interest they put them away and give them different ones and so on.....I used to do that but they seem to do their own swapping out having a toy box,only they don't put the ones they are bored with away,lol

It's really cute to watch them go to the toy boxes to get what they want - Timmy cracks me up ,he puts his head all the way inside the pile,buried deep in the toys and comes up with something I've not seen in awhile- there's always toys to pick up everyday from one end of the house to the other.....the latest craze for them is these cute little catnip balls that stick up anywhere,I bought a few because the first one they were all trying to get at so now they can go to thr next one if it's in use- pretty cool,one was $8 but I found 3 for 10 bucks on Walmart com

Attachments

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Alot of people rotate cats toys ,leave a couple out and when they lose interest they put them away and give them different ones and so on.....I used to do that but they seem to do their own swapping out having a toy box,only they don't put the ones they are bored with away,lol

It's really cute to watch them go to the toy boxes to get what they want - Timmy cracks me up ,he puts his head all the way inside the pile,buried deep in the toys and comes up with something I've not seen in awhile- there's always toys to pick up everyday from one end of the house to the other.....the latest craze for them is these cute little catnip balls that stick up anywhere,I bought a few because the first one they were all trying to get at so now they can go to thr next one if it's in use- pretty cool,one was $8 but I found 3 for 10 bucks on Walmart com
I don't buy the catnip orbs I got one from amazon and it made Kabuto puke. I'm not sure what is in them but I don't trust them. Indy doesn't have the genetic makup for catnip or silvervine. She just ignores it.

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update Time... Hi folks! I thought I would post an update and a new video I put together. The video is mostly from security cam clips of her playing and some other antics by her. Her first time interacting with snow (snowball),...well I think it was her first time, and her roaming out of her room and just being Dinah! I have some new video software that came with my new photo-software so I am trying to get used to it all.

The really cool update is that one night this past week, my outstretched hand came within 2 feet of Dinah while laying in the hall, and she laying near her door, and we "tossed" marbles back and forth to each other for several minutes. It was AMAZING!

This may not seem like a big step to some but it certainly was to me. She stayed right there literally 2 feet from my hand ( I was using a small cat brush trying to get her used to it,) as we were rolling those marbles back and forth. After that, she had enough and retreated a few feet back under the bed. We did bond with that interaction and that was really uplifting!

I am trying to adjust her food intake to her new environment, as she is eating less than when she did while outside. That is a work in progress too. Everything is so expensive and cat food is too. But I think I have her favorites down to 3 or 4 flavors of wet food,...this week anyways...LOL.

Here is the new vid if you want to look. She is a very fast and agile little girl so watch the clips close. You might miss something crazy cool if you look away for a second!! Thanks for looking!

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow is she active! I especially laughed out loud when Dinah was having a good time in her cat cave, I thought she would flip it over at one point.
Haha...right! She sometimes flips it so that the entrance is facing completely up towards the ceiling and she does that crazy thing inside! Usually brings toys in with her too.

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I loved the video! Dinah is adorable and so funny! Those jumps into the cat cave are hysterical -- so cute that she brings toys in with her.
Thanks Avery! She cracks me up.

I forgot to mention, now when I am ready to feed her breakfast and dinner, she comes out of her room to the edge of the kitchen and watches me open the can of food and put it in her dish.

It is so great to see her warming up!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Update Time... Hi folks! I thought I would post an update and a new video I put together. The video is mostly from security cam clips of her playing and some other antics by her. Her first time interacting with snow (snowball),...well I think it was her first time, and her roaming out of her room and just being Dinah! I have some new video software that came with my new photo-software so I am trying to get used to it all.

The really cool update is that one night this past week, my outstretched hand came within 2 feet of Dinah while laying in the hall, and she laying near her door, and we "tossed" marbles back and forth to each other for several minutes. It was AMAZING!

This may not seem like a big step to some but it certainly was to me. She stayed right there literally 2 feet from my hand ( I was using a small cat brush trying to get her used to it,) as we were rolling those marbles back and forth. After that, she had enough and retreated a few feet back under the bed. We did bond with that interaction and that was really uplifting!

I am trying to adjust her food intake to her new environment, as she is eating less than when she did while outside. That is a work in progress too. Everything is so expensive and cat food is too. But I think I have her favorites down to 3 or 4 flavors of wet food,...this week anyways...LOL.

Here is the new vid if you want to look. She is a very fast and agile little girl so watch the clips close. You might miss something crazy cool if you look away for a second!! Thanks for looking!
All are huge steps forward! She is a laugh-a-minute.

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's very photogenic! I love the still photos
She is quite photogenic. I am trying to get some more photos of her. Her room is in the north-northwest corner of the house so it is quite dark especially with the cloudy weather here. Very frustrating actually. Thanks for looking :)

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
FIRST CONTACT!

So happy to report that Dinah and I made first contact! It was a very quick but positive step for her and me too
:)

As you can see in the video, I have been using this cat brush to coax her into touching it, or letting me touch her, and this took almost 2 full minutes of careful motions and soft talk and acting subdued. I have been trying this every once in a while, for the past 2 weeks or so.

We had been playing with toys and marbles for almost an hour off and on as this has become a thing for her to do when she is getting ready / hungry for her dinner.

The video does not show the actual contact as the security cam cut off before hand. But you can see that she reached out with her paw and then we made contact after. What a fantastic feeling! I really think she felt relieved in a way too!

Immediately after I touched her paw, she sprung up and retreated to the middle of the bed (underneath of course). But she came right back out when I went to get her dinner ready!

So I just had to share this with everyone because you have all been so supportive and I know you will appreciate this quick video of how I did this. So HERE is the video and thanks again for looking :rock:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
FIRST CONTACT!

So happy to report that Dinah and I made first contact! It was a very quick but positive step for her and me too
:)

As you can see in the video, I have been using this cat brush to coax her into touching it, or letting me touch her, and this took almost 2 full minutes of careful motions and soft talk and acting subdued. I have been trying this every once in a while, for the past 2 weeks or so.

We had been playing with toys and marbles for almost an hour off and on as this has become a thing for her to do when she is getting ready / hungry for her dinner.

The video does not show the actual contact as the security cam cut off before hand. But you can see that she reached out with her paw and then we made contact after. What a fantastic feeling! I really think she felt relieved in a way too!

Immediately after I touched her paw, she sprung up and retreated to the middle of the bed (underneath of course). But she came right back out when I went to get her dinner ready!

So I just had to share this with everyone because you have all been so supportive and I know you will appreciate this quick video of how I did this. So HERE is the video and thanks again for looking :rock:
5c690171512d2fe4c8e4e634e3438eb9.gif