• Maine Coon x Persian

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

hanzaladhanse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there a rescue you could adopt from? I would trust that much more than one of these breeders.
I feel these cats are also not content at their place and are staying in a cramped, dirty environment. Getting them will be like saving them. I just wanted to know if they are the breed the guy is telling them to be

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
are you asking about the tabby or the whitie? both are nice in their own fashion. The tabby a little more alike a siberian. I dont know if siberian may be white - possibly they may but its not what they are known for.

Observe, in the warm climate they wont develop the grand mane nor pantaloons of full blooded cold managing siberians.

hanzaladhanse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
are you asking about the tabby or the whitie? both are nice in their own fashion. The tabby a little more alike a siberian. I dont know if siberian may be white - possibly they may but its not what they are known for.

Observe, in the warm climate they wont develop the grand mane nor pantaloons of full blooded cold managing siberians.
So it can be possible for a Siberian to have different physical features like absence of the thick 3 layer coat and mane due to the warm weather here? I assume he/she won’t ever look like the typical Siberian then

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are rescuing them, but also encouraging this person to continue breeding cats. It’s a difficult situation.

I don’t think you can trust any information about breed.

hanzaladhanse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are rescuing them, but also encouraging this person to continue breeding cats. It’s a difficult situation.

I don’t think you can trust any information about breed.
Yeah you’re right. But I feel bad for such cuties who are living in a cramped up space. Do you think they’ll be able to settle with me if I get them? The tabby is male 11 months and white one in female 8 months.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes. He’s actually moving out of his current location. And won’t be able to take care of them
Observe, this may be the classical trick to put pressure on a wanna be hesitant buyer!

Or: they are rare, this is the last exemplar I have.

Or: A seriously interested buyer phoned. He is coming in the evening. But I said you will come today and if Im fair, you must have your chance today. If you dont buy them now, the other will surely take them...

OK. The remedy? If he is selling them cheaply, essentially for a symbolic price and just to be sure you wont sell them for food to snakes - It may be even true. I mean, he tells a story he is desperate to get them safe.

But if he demands a high price - he is a shrewd seller putting pressure.

If he tells stories he want to be REALLY sure you will be a good owner, and the high price is the test - say you will together donate all this sum to some nice praiseworthy charity - say: Education of poor girls, or Doctors without Boundaries, or to some temple. You donate anonymously with the name of the cat as the donator...

IF he is honestly just wanting to be sure of a good home for them, he will immediatiately accept. Perhaps suggest a charity he prefers.

hanzaladhanse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Observe, this may be the classical trick to put pressure on a wanna be hesitant buyer!

Or: they are rare, this is the last exemplar I have.

Or: A seriously interested buyer phoned. He is coming in the evening. But I said you will come today and if Im fair, you must have your chance today. If you dont buy them now, the other will surely take them...

OK. The remedy? If he is selling them cheaply, essentially for a symbolic price and just to be sure you wont sell them for food to snakes - It may be even true. I mean, he tells a story he is desperate to get them safe.

But if he demands a high price - he is a shrewd seller putting pressure.

If he tells stories he want to be REALLY sure you will be a good owner, and the high price is the test - say you will together donate all this sum to some nice praiseworthy charity - say: Education of poor girls, or Doctors without Boundaries, or to some temple. You donate anonymously with the name of the cat as the donator...

IF he is honestly just wanting to be sure of a good home for them, he will immediatiately accept. Perhaps suggest a charity he prefers.
He’s giving both for around 280 USD. What do you think will this be a good deal? The cuties are really good looking( I think) and probably not in a very good environment. The thing I’m worried about is, even if I get them, will they have any major problems in future being a cross between two breeds we don’t know about.

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s giving both for around 280 USD. What do you think will this be a good deal? The cuties are really good looking( I think) and probably not in a very good environment. The thing I’m worried about is, even if I get them, will they have any major problems in future being a cross between two breeds we don’t know about.
So 140 USD per cat? That's not a ton more than what it would cost to adopt from a shelter (which usually runs around 100 USD here, I don't know what it is by you). So, for two very nice cats that you're also rescuing from a bad situation, I think it's okay. And you don't need to worry about health issues with cats of indeterminate breed any more than you would with purebred cats. My Charlie is a Domestic Shorthair (which is what we call a mix), and he's very healthy.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nay no problems caused by cross. Its easier to breed healthy mixed than healthy purebreds.

hanzaladhanse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So 140 USD per cat? That's not a ton more than what it would cost to adopt from a shelter (which usually runs around 100 USD here, I don't know what it is by you). So, for two very nice cats that you're also rescuing from a bad situation, I think it's okay. And you don't need to worry about health issues with cats of indeterminate breed any more than you would with purebred cats. My Charlie is a Domestic Shorthair (which is what we call a mix), and he's very healthy.
Thanks for helping me out mate. They both will probably come home in the next 3-4 days. Should I start a new thread or introduce them in this thread only?

hanzaladhanse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nay no problems caused by cross. Its easier to breed healthy mixed than healthy purebreds.
Hmm do you think the tabby one will grow the size of the Siberian(( if he has some Siberian ancestry)

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi. I’ve recently joined TCS. I am planning to get a cat. She is 15 months old. The breeder says it’s A Maine Coon but I’m not sure. Please help me out guys. And will it be a wise decision to get a cat this old?
This is without a doubt not a Maine Coon. Persian ancestry for sure.