Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm way behind on your wedding thread but caught up to the wedding dress shopping. Your choice is simply lovely! :heartshape: It takes me back to when I went shopping with my daughter for her wedding dress a relatively short time ago. I cried when she tried on "the dress." Did your mom tear up too?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm way behind on your wedding thread but caught up to the wedding dress shopping. Your choice is simply lovely! :heartshape: It takes me back to when I went shopping with my daughter for her wedding dress a relatively short time ago. I cried when she tried on "the dress." Did your mom tear up too?
Thank you! I don't remember my mom tearing up - either for my dress or when my sister picked hers back in the fall. I don't think that's really her personality. But she did like both our dresses.

Lari Lari So exciting!! Do you think you'll wear pumps or a lower heel?
Maybe kitten heels? Lol. I don't wear high heels in my day to day life, so I don't want to be uncomfortable, but I do want a little something - two inches at the highest probably. I usually prefer sandal type dress shoes since I have wider feet, but that might not be best for a November wedding. I'll just have to look!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I don't remember my mom tearing up - either for my dress or when my sister picked hers back in the fall. I don't think that's really her personality. But she did like both our dresses.

Maybe kitten heels? Lol. I don't wear high heels in my day to day life, so I don't want to be uncomfortable, but I do want a little something - two inches at the highest probably. I usually prefer sandal type dress shoes since I have wider feet, but that might not be best for a November wedding. I'll just have to look!
Kitten heels would be lovely and maybe a dressy ballet-type for the dance floor!

:dance::banana1::banana2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kind of really hate shoe shopping. When I'm shopping with someone, I don't want to drag them around, but when I'm by myself, I'm very indecisive.

So I go to the mall and I go to Nordstroms, then Macy's, then Nieman Marcus, then back to Macy's, and then back to Nordstrom's where I finally got fitted in some Badgely Mishkas. Lara II Crystal Embellished Kitten Heel

I didn't love them, I don't think, but I tried them in both the 7 and 7.5. I think the 7s were a bit tight, but the 7.5 felt loose around the heel.

Then I went to this bridal salon that only had a couple and they suggested another mall that has a Von Maur and I went over there to look at more shoes. And I found these: Sabine Embellished Evening Shoe - They were on clearance and only in silver and size 8 and my heels kept coming out.

I love the ruching on them because it reminds me of my dress, so I'm thinking about ordering them - probably in the 7.5, but I'm worried my heels will still keep popping out? (I don't wear pumps very much - I like things with straps). I guess I could get some things for the inside of the back to keep my heel in, lie cushioning, to make them a bit snugger. But I feel like they'd go well with my dress details!

I also like these two from the website, though.
Gillian Ankle Strap Evening Shoe
Fana Pointed Toe Kitten Heel

I don't know what to do with myself! This is way harder than dress shopping. I like both ivory and silver (though leaning toward ivory), and I want to take into account my November wedding, and why are shoes so hard? Does anyone have any opinions?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
They're all very pretty. I live in either hiking boots or sneakers, so I'd have trouble getting used to heels. If you order the Sabine ones and they're not comfortable can you return them?

I think those last two pairs with the ankle straps look nice, but that kind of strap can make your legs look a bit shorter unless you're very slim.

I think ivory would be nice, silver might be a bit too bling. Go for the most comfortable ones though, you'll want to be able to dance at your own wedding, right?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're all very pretty. I live in either hiking boots or sneakers, so I'd have trouble getting used to heels. If you order the Sabine ones and they're not comfortable can you return them?

I think those last two pairs with the ankle straps look nice, but that kind of strap can make your legs look a bit shorter unless you're very slim.

I think ivory would be nice, silver might be a bit too bling. Go for the most comfortable ones though, you'll want to be able to dance at your own wedding, right?
Lol, I have short legs that aren't very thin. That helps.

The Sabine has the lowest heels of the three, at 2 inches. And it is on a pretty good sale. So I guess I'm ordering it. I'd prefer not to have to return, but I think I should be able to if need be.

Okay, ordered.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Do you plan on changing into flats or flip flops at some point? If not, when you get them be very mindful of the fit. You are going to be on your feet almost the whole day and you need to think about comfort. My feet were swollen by the end of my wedding day.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you plan on changing into flats or flip flops at some point? If not, when you get them be very mindful of the fit. You are going to be on your feet almost the whole day and you need to think about comfort. My feet were swollen by the end of my wedding day.
My only concern with changing shoes is that if my dress is hemmed for 2 inch heels, I would be tripping over it without them.

I read and heard the Nina brand shoes are super uncomfortable, which is why I skipped them even though they were a lot cheaper and there were some pretty ones and went for a brand with better reviews. I'm hoping if I break them in and maybe get some foot petals or other cushioning to make sure the fit is right that I'll be okay.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I kinda like the Fana pointed-toe kitten heel. THAT SAID, I got married on the beach, and only wore sandals because my mom had hysterics when I said "barefoot." Me? If the gown covered my feet completely, I'd buy white sneakers, lace them with actual lace, and go to town with a glue gun and rhinestones. At least I'd be comfy! But the Fana shoes are really pretty!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kinda like the Fana pointed-toe kitten heel. THAT SAID, I got married on the beach, and only wore sandals because my mom had hysterics when I said "barefoot." Me? If the gown covered my feet completely, I'd buy white sneakers, lace them with actual lace, and go to town with a glue gun and rhinestones. At least I'd be comfy! But the Fana shoes are really pretty!
I liked the Fana more before I read the details and saw the heels were 3 inches, which is taller than I wanted to go.

Plus the sale on the Sabines put me more in that direction.

Our engagement photos came in!!!!!! They're sooooo pretty, and now I can make and order our save the dates! :cloud9:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she shot this one just for you guys!

engagement-0005.jpg

I might play with some blurred faces later. I mean, I suppose I could just show my face, since I doubt I'm really that anonymous, but I still like to pretend I have a bit of privacy. :p

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she shot this one just for you guys!

View attachment 281203

I might play with some blurred faces later. I mean, I suppose I could just show my face, since I doubt I'm really that anonymous, but I still like to pretend I have a bit of privacy. :p
What a poser she is and so beautiful!!