Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So there are approximately 500 million wedding photographers in the Chicagoland area. I sent messages to to two that people personally told me about so far, and have heard from one.

+She likes cats
+We like her style from what we've seen

-Pricier than what I was hoping for, but then they say not to skimp when it comes to photos.

Ugh I need a summer job.

Anyway, I'll probably research and contact a few more just to cover my bases.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We met with the photographer today! She seems really nice and I do love how the color pops in her photos. Her son's name is the name of the school I work at, which is one of those funny little coincidental things that makes you think you're making a good choice. And she was able to show me pictures of her cats. My fiancé likes her, too, so we'll probably fill out the contract in the next couple days (he doesn't like to just hire people on the spot, though I probably would have done it right then).

It looks like save the dates should be next up on the list - we were thinking about doing magnets, so if we want our pictures on them, we might schedule the engagement shoot for soon and just send them out slightly later than recommended.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never heard of Save the Date magnets or anything like that. It's a neat idea :) I have been to weddings before but there were never any Save the Date cards or stuff sent out. It was just the wedding invitation with the RSVP card.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emailed the contract to the photographer, so unless someone else took our date in the past week, we'll have that settled once I hear back from her!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:woohoo: One less detail to worry about! And she sounds terrific!

NOT suggesting this, you know, but I found this cake topper rather entrancing!

I love this! Where did you find it?

She's booked and our engagement shoot is scheduled for April 7th!

Edit: Never mind, I googled. Even better, I found a few with a quick search that had two cats. Lelia and Sparkle can both be represented.
61C-ZnT2kOL._SL1500_.jpg
il_fullxfull.1846977685_qxuo.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm drooling at the thought of a spa day! Never had one in my entire life, and consider it the height of luxury when I get my hair shampooed and trimmed! I hope you enjoyed it enough for the both of us!

I'm thrilled that my picture sparked you to google and find just what you wanted! There were so many of them, and it seems fitting that our loved ones are represented, doesn't it? I adore the two you picked out!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been slow on the wedding front lately, but this evening we did our engagement photoshoot!

I stuck Lelia in the carrier before the photographer got here, so it would be easier to grab her for photos. She managed to stay mostly still while I held her for a good ten minutes while Sparkle ran off a couple of times. :hearthrob: my good girl.

Then as we were about to go outside, it started pouring down rain and we made some photos in the foyer of our building while waiting for it to pass. Then we braved puddles and took some pictures by the spot with the lock where he proposed, and where we had our first date, and other cute places around town. I can't wait to see the photos, though I've got to give her a few weeks to do editing.

We're meeting with someone from my church on Tuesday to talk about this online quiz thing we took to find out our strengths and growth areas as a couple.

And in a week I'm on spring break, so I'm going to get more inspiration for bridesmaid dresses/find a shop, look into the florist I think I want and finally buy some shoes for my wedding dress. Just gotta get through this next week, first.