Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My phone ended up left in the dressing room while I was trying on dresses, so no one took pictures with my phone, but I got some texted to me.

Please forgive the green smudges. I'm still not ready to show my face here and it was better than cropping my head completely off I think. I hope.

They didn't have any of the dresses I showed them, alas. It was a disappointment.

So I started with this:

Screenshot_2019-02-09-16-50-12.png

I liked the ruching and the sleeves and the back, but I wasn't feeling the sequins lining the skirt.

We decided how I would feel about a dress with no ruching:
Screenshot_2019-02-09-16-41-23.png

It was nice but I didn't love it.

#3 was strapless, but they showed me with some sleeves they could add.
Screenshot_2019-02-09-16-40-23.png

The skirt reminded me of my favorite picture and it was making me happy, but I decided to try on more.

The next two were rejects and I don't have pictures. We decided to try a fit and flare:
Screenshot_2019-02-09-16-38-38.png

So much ruching! :hearthrob: But I didn't love that I didn't have as much leg movement. Then i wanted to try on 1 & 3 again. I still liked 1, but 3 just made me really happy. So:
Screenshot_2019-02-09-16-37-13.png

We talked about making sort of ruched sleeves to match the top and like the other dress I loved, so that's the plan. And since ruching is out of style, I guess, my dress is off the rack and that's it!

I am a bit sad about not getting to try on the one I loved, but I'm happy with my choice, and I think if I'd just kept going places and looking, I'd have gotten overwhelmed and not able to make a choice.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still kind of sad that I didn't get to try on the one I loved. Apparently, they had it at a place that was a bit farther.... My future SIL says the one I picked is better after showing her the picture, and I do love my dress. It's just a little bit of wistfulness. It probably would have been off the rack and in a size too big for them to make fit me (because there'd only be one). That's my story and I'm sticking too it.

Anyway, our tasting is set for a week from tomorrow! That should be fun!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cake tasting? :yummy: Do you know what kind of cake you want? Something traditional? Or maybe something different, like chocolate or carrot? Or maybe cupcakes instead of or in addition to a regular cake :ruminating:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cake tasting? :yummy: Do you know what kind of cake you want? Something traditional? Or maybe something different, like chocolate or carrot? Or maybe cupcakes instead of or in addition to a regular cake :ruminating:
Nah, dinner tasting so we can pick which entrées, salads and hors d'oeuvres we're going to have at the reception. Cake probably won't be for a while.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner tasting is good :yummy:

A friend of mine insists on a Red Bones barbecue dinner if she ever gets married. Kind of messy to eat in a fancy dress but whatever makes her happy:agree:
I said in my 20s I wanted Chinese food, but the hotel we're having the reception at includes catering, and that's way easier than bringing in someone outside. I've heard good things about the quality, so I'm happy.

OH, that dress is lovely, and you are going to be a STUNNING bride! I may be old-fashioned, but in this day of extreme dresses, I love the fact that your dress looks like a wedding dress!!!
I'm not a very extreme person! Lol.

I can't wait to see what it looks like with the straps and tailored to fit me!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to take pictures tonight!

Anyway, the tasting was fun. We chose the spanakopita, chicken quesadillas, and stuffed mushroom caps as our hors d'oeuvres, Caesar salad as our salad, and the steak, salmon, and vegan risotto (which we didn't try, but figured we had to offer because we know we have vegetarians coming) as our entrées.

The mashed potatoes that come as a side were basically amazing.

Aside from the pico de gallo/guacamole that comes as a dip with the quesadillas, I'm getting a tomato free wedding. This pleases me greatly.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's nice of you, making sure there is something special for the vegetarians. I've been to a couple of weddings where I've only been able to eat salad, bread and dessert. Of course I made up for it by having plenty of champagne, but a vegetarian option would have been good.

;)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's nice of you, making sure there is something special for the vegetarians. I've been to a couple of weddings where I've only been able to eat salad, bread and dessert. Of course I made up for it by having plenty of champagne, but a vegetarian option would have been good.

;)
Lol, my sister-in-law and her husband and kids are vegetarian, so there was no chance we weren't going to have a meal for them!