Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As suggested in the What's On Your Mind thread, I'm just going to make a separate thread for this that people are free to ignore as they wish! But I guess I can use it to vent/get out ideas.

So far I'm thinking next November before I get too old. November would be off season and hopefully easier to find a venue. I've found and contacted one place that has reasonable prices, looks cute and is not a banquet hall (which I don't want) so hopefully I'll hear from them tomorrow. Or I'll be contacting them again. ;) So we can get a tour at least. We'll have less than 100 people, I'm sure, which gives us a bit of flexibility.

Color scheme will be green as it's my favorite color. The shade is up for debate. Fiancé has suggested seafoam green, but that might be slightly too light for me. We'll see.

Ideally I'd like to lose between 10 and 20lbs before the wedding, but diets never go well during the Christmas season.

I just really want to get the venue and date settled so I can start asking people to be in my wedding party.

That's about all I've got for now. Hopefully I can get everything done! :dizzycat:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Color scheme will be green as it's my favorite color. The shade is up for debate. Fiancé has suggested seafoam green, but that might be slightly too light for me. We'll see.
You may want to consider simply making it "green" and not sticking to just one shade.

Hopefully I can get everything done!
Take deep, slow breaths whenever you're feeling anxious about this, until the feeling goes away. It is now December of 2018. You're scheduling the wedding for November of 2019. That's 11 months from now. You have plenty of time to get everything done.

Margret

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! I don't think I'm anywhere near walking down the aisle but I do have a wedding folder on my Mac that I add ideas to.

One thing I found interesting is that you can find beautiful wedding dresses online for cheap - lots of stuff actually. I love to pinch my pennies and dimes so being able to possibly plan and buy everything for my wedding online for cheap is a comforting feeling. I found a wedding dress that I absolutely adore.

Here it is:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
You can always return it if it does not fit, I love this dress too. I like dresses that you can wear again even if you have to have it dyed first. My sister had one of those, it was a lovely dress with a lace jacket for modesty in a church wedding, no train. She had it dyed light blue and it was a wonderful dress for formal occasions and dances, she got a lot of use out of it but that was in Germany where even modestly wealthy people go in for formal occasions, still do. A trip to an opera house calls for formal clothes and so does a trip to any theater production or symphony or a fancy ball. Here people show up in any theater, including the MET in NYC with blue jeans and formal dances seem to be reserved to the wealthy.
A friend here had a train on her dress but it was attached at the waist with buttons so she could take it off which really helped at the wedding dance and she wore the dress many times thereafter (by the way she had it dyed another color later on).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting! I really like the idea of a green wedding dress. I've just been googling pictures. I though this one was nice.

I'm going to get a white dress for myself. That dress is beautiful, but speaks more prom dress than wedding dress to me. Bridesmaids will be in green, though! I haven't decided if I'll make them get the same dress or just let them pick something they like in the color we settle on for dresses.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily congratulations on your engagement!! That dress is gorgeous. One of the many benefits of buying online is that you can read reviews and most people who review clothing items will say if the item fits true to size or not. If the site you found it on does not have reviews, look for it elsewhere not necessarily to buy it elsewhere but just for the reviews. I do that all the time. I would buy it online. Definitely. Worst case scenario, you might have to get it altered. Even if you did, you'll likely still come out ahead.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily congratulations on your engagement!! That dress is gorgeous. One of the many benefits of buying online is that you can read reviews and most people who review clothing items will say if the item fits true to size or not. If the site you found it on does not have reviews, look for it elsewhere not necessarily to buy it elsewhere but just for the reviews. I do that all the time. I would buy it online. Definitely. Worst case scenario, you might have to get it altered. Even if you did, you'll likely still come out ahead.
Congratulations on my engagement? I'm sorry but that made me laugh. Kat, I am not engaged. I wish! :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So you're not engaged but you are getting married? I didn't think I was old fashioned but don't the two go hand in hand (literally)? :think:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My bridesmaids wore emerald green. :).

My niece was married last year. Her gown and the bridesmaids gowns were from David’s Bridals, which is a more affordable option. She went with same color and whatever dress they thought looked best on them for the bridesmaids:
23072960-69BD-4DAB-AB62-E337F51D7F48.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Green is lovely. "ANY GREEN" might not be. Some greens actually clash with others. You might consider getting a bunch of paint chips in various greens and choosing several, up to a dozen or so, that look good together, and send your bridesmaids out with those in hand, and the instructions, "something in these shades."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - If I go the route of bridesmaids pick their own dresses, they'll have a shade to work with, not just "green". I think we've decided to have three people stand up - Matron of Honor and two bridesmaids, so that should be a manageable number to get on the same page.

I have a tour with the venue I'm interested in on Saturday! Cross your fingers I like it in person and it works out for me. They have an on site coordinator and provide food and drinks without having to bring in an outside caterer, so that would be really nice.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds like fun!

I've been married for almost 15 years, but we didn't have a wedding. The stress of planning a multi-cultural, international wedding for English people that didn't speak any Japanese and Japanese people who didn't speak any English was too daunting for me.

We got married in city hall and spent all our money on the honeymoon instead.

:lol: