Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look really nice. I love the way they've all chosen something similar, but with little variations that flatter their body types.
Left and middle have the same neckline, middle and right have the same waistline and left and right have similar backs. So they all sort of complement each other in that way.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Super productive today! I've emailed the DJ his contract now and ordered a wedding band.

I know it's a bit soon for that, but when I went on the Brilliant Earth website to see if there was a matching band of sorts out of curiosity, my engagement ring was no longer there! It must have been discontinued! But when I did go over to the wedding band part I found one that matched with it and decided I needed to order it now before they discontinued it too, and I had to go with one that doesn't match as perfectly. Better too early than too late.

Plus fiancé had received a promotion code in the mail that offered a free surprise gift with orders made before the 14th, and who am I to say no to something free?

So that's all taken care of

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen the Internet ads for Brilliant Earth. There is one ad with a gorgeous pink gold ring and matching gems :loveeyes: I browsed around the web site and found a lot of really nice looking rings :hearthrob: No ring in my future ever but I can dream :ruminating: Aren't the diamonds and gems from Brilliant Earth sustainably sourced or something?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you and finacee chosen a song for your first dance as husband and wife?
Not yet! My parents' first dance was to "Just the Way You Are" by Billy Joel, and I love that song and it could be sweet if we used it, but we haven't really sat down and discussed it yet. He might have other ideas!

Aren't the diamonds and gems from Brilliant Earth sustainably sourced or something?
In theory! There seems to be some disagreement on if they're really tracking where their stones come from as carefully as they say, though I assume they at least fit the basic definition of conflict free. But they do also make lab diamonds and use recycled metals and donate some profits, so they're at least doing some good.

I didn't really get a say! My sister had said that she'd picked out the setting and her fiancé the diamond and mine was like "That's not romantic. I'd want to do that myself", so basically my input was "I don't want yellow gold and I'd prefer a conflict free diamond." He chose everything else.

Aico & Nacho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
View attachment 288032

I'd call it a successful outing! No one let me pay for their dress. :( But they all found dresses that looked good on them, fit their style, and were confident in, and I held up a dress in the color it'll be in (officially sage from the brand was closest to our seafoam) in front of all of them to make sure none of them will look bad in it. And I think they dresses all look good together and should go with my dress what with all the ruching. I'm happy!
Lovely dresses! :redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't really get a say! My sister had said that she'd picked out the setting and her fiancé the diamond and mine was like "That's not romantic. I'd want to do that myself", so basically my input was "I don't want yellow gold and I'd prefer a conflict free diamond." He chose everything else.
Kudos to your fiancé! :clap2: I completely agree with his element of surprise and romance.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a little worrisome he would pick out something I didn't like, and it's not what I would have picked for myself, but he explained his thought process behind it and I do love it and can't imagine having a different ring now. Plus when people compliment it I can say he picked it out and hear about what good taste he has!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we got through our pre cana class today. So now we'll be able to set up a meeting with my priest so we can start getting the church part of the wedding (y'know, the actual marriage part) going. One more thing checked off the list.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up my wedding band today! (Since we live in an apartment, it felt safer to pick it up at the Downtown showroom rather than having it delivered). It's so pretty and matches my engagement ring!

0624191419.jpg

The surprise gift I got with the promo code was these recycled metal ball studs.
0624191420.jpg

I don't normally wear earrings - haven't in years though my holes haven't closed up, but hey, a free gift is a free gift! I might find a chance to wear them.

I've been given free reign with invitations. Maybe giant photos of the cats saying the cats would like to invite you to their humans' wedding?

But probably not.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOVE that ring! It is elegant, but simple. More that "just a band," but not the least gaudy. I'd wear it, and I'm notoriously picky.

And for the record, I'd probably include Hekitty on my invitation, if I ever lost my mind and married again... NOTE: That "lost my mind" only applies to ME getting married again. I heartily approve of marriage in general. Just not for me.