Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! The etching on my engagement ring is my favorite part of it, and I like matching sets. I'm so excited to be able to wear it in November.

It's so shiny!

...Probably time to clean my engagement ring again. You don't notice until you compare it to the brand new.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up my wedding band today! (Since we live in an apartment, it felt safer to pick it up at the Downtown showroom rather than having it delivered). It's so pretty and matches my engagement ring!

View attachment 290051

The surprise gift I got with the promo code was these recycled metal ball studs.
View attachment 290052

I don't normally wear earrings - haven't in years though my holes haven't closed up, but hey, a free gift is a free gift! I might find a chance to wear them.

I've been given free reign with invitations. Maybe giant photos of the cats saying the cats would like to invite you to their humans' wedding?

But probably not.
So beautiful!!! :clap:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom and I went out and ordered invitations for my sister's bridal shower,, and while I was there, I found an invitation suite I like for my own wedding - simple but not plain (no cats). I didn't place an order because I need to get all my information and notes and dates and times and wording together, but she's going to send me a quote, and I should be able to get those ordered in the next few weeks when I get things organized!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My mom and I went out and ordered invitations for my sister's bridal shower,, and while I was there, I found an invitation suite I like for my own wedding - simple but not plain (no cats).
It's a good thing you went with your mom to order invitations for you sister's bridal shower because you saw an invitation that you liked for your wedding. It was meant to be! :heartshape:Have you thought about the ink color or invitation color?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a good thing you went with your mom to order invitations for you sister's bridal shower because you saw an invitation that you liked for your wedding. It was meant to be! :heartshape:Have you thought about the ink color or invitation color?
I had liked it the last time I went in (I did a walk-through of local places last week because I wanted to pick where I wanted to go with for both wedding and sister's shower invitations, and paged through books then), but I think having someone else with me helps me feel better about making decisions.

Here's a picture of the template from the sample book.
0626191408.jpg

I like eucalyptus color the lining in the sample, but we'll probably use the mint (right side in front of the yellow) because it's closest to our seafoam.
0626191407.jpg

I like the dark gray embossed ink as well. We're thinking of having dark gray suits instead of black, because it looks nicer with our green, so I think that would work.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I had liked it the last time I went in (I did a walk-through of local places last week because I wanted to pick where I wanted to go with for both wedding and sister's shower invitations, and paged through books then), but I think having someone else with me helps me feel better about making decisions.

Here's a picture of the template from the sample book.
View attachment 290293

I like eucalyptus color the lining in the sample, but we'll probably use the mint (right side in front of the yellow) because it's closest to our seafoam.
View attachment 290292

I like the dark gray embossed ink as well. We're thinking of having dark gray suits instead of black, because it looks nicer with our green, so I think that would work.
Wowza!!! Very nice!! I agree about dark gray suits.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably vests and ties!

So my sister and I took my mom shopping for her dress for the weddings yesterday. Of course, I didn't take a picture of it, but it's navy blue and a good MOB dress.

I'm a bit shell-shocked by my quote for invitations and all trimmings! I'm going to have to figure out what to actually order, and what I can maybe make on cardstock on my own to go with and maybe skip the envelope linings.

Ugh, money.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Probably vests and ties!

So my sister and I took my mom shopping for her dress for the weddings yesterday. Of course, I didn't take a picture of it, but it's navy blue and a good MOB dress.

I'm a bit shell-shocked by my quote for invitations and all trimmings! I'm going to have to figure out what to actually order, and what I can maybe make on cardstock on my own to go with and maybe skip the envelope linings.

Ugh, money.
Hannah. my helper, did her own and they look professional.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been averaging around one niece/nephew wedding a year and almost all of them got their invitations online. Maybe you can check out those prices?
It's a thought, but then I'd have to pick out a different one, and I've already grown attached to the ones I picked out. I may do some looking, though.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy.

After talking with my fiancé, and going to the store for our invite meeting, we decided that the invitation quote was too expensive and rather than trying to cut things out, we should just start all over again.

So we decided to go with these ones on shutterfly:
Washed Damask 5x7 Wedding Invites | Shutterfly

They were having a sale that ended today with a promo code for free shipping, so we sat and did the wording tonight and then I typed in all the addresses so they'd come pre-addressed. I guess if anyone moves before we need to send them or I made any mistakes we can just order some more envelopes, because this ended up being a lot cheaper - it would have been cheaper even without the sale and free shipping, but that really added to the discount. So that's good and done.

I mailed the invites for my sister's bridal shower on Friday, so hopefully soon I'll start getting RSVPs for that. And I've been slowly adding things to the wedding registry as I think of them. Anyone have any suggestions on what we might need? Apparently I need more than cat food and supplies. (lol, I do have a few things for us, too)

But I need to schedule cake tastings! And a meeting with the priest. Ugh, why is there so much still to do?