Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. He did last night. It's just tough when I have to give him his last dose of gabapentin at 11, ( doing 7:00, 3:00, & 11:00) so, as long as he doesn't pee as soon as I put him bk in the crate, I'll get to bed before 12!
I'm not an early morning person, so that's the earliest I can do. (& Get up during the wk for wrk at that time too).

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked at all the pet store sites, & almost all boxes w/ any kind of lower side entry were still 5". Found this one on Amazon, & entry point is only 3". If you scroll through the pictures, you'll see the one with measurements. It's expensive, but if that's what I have to get. That's what I'll get. So I saved it in my list!

KittyGoHere Litter Box Senior Cat Litter Box https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074MKWWQ2/?tag=thecatsite

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I looked at all the pet store sites, & almost all boxes w/ any kind of lower side entry were still 5". Found this one on Amazon, & entry point is only 3". If you scroll through the pictures, you'll see the one with measurements. It's expensive, but if that's what I have to get. That's what I'll get. So I saved it in my list!

KittyGoHere Litter Box Senior Cat Litter Box https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074MKWWQ2/?tag=thecatsite
That one is Prime eligible, so if you are a member you get free shipping in two days.

There are other short litterboxes for kittens. I showed you Nature's Miracle because you don't want a bigger mess in the area. But if the corn litter is not messy at all even around kitten litterboxes, that is a good option.

Remember an expensive litterbox is much cheaper than new carpet.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you want to just order that one now or keep looking for something cheaper?
I may look a little more. My close friend works at the natural pet food store here, so I'll ask him about what they may have, or be able to order for me. If not, I think I'm pretty set on that one. ...and, I have a little time. When we go bk on the 7th to see if any Staples can come out, still probably won't be all of them, so I'll find out if & when he can resume regular litter box use.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I may look a little more. My close friend works at the natural pet food store here, so I'll ask him about what they may have, or be able to order for me. If not, I think I'm pretty set on that one . . . and, I have a little time. When we go back on the 7th to see if any staples can come out, still probably won't be all of them, so I'll find out if & when he can resume regular litter box use.
It seems silly for the vet to not take all of them out the same day. Did she explain the logic for removing some now and others later?

There is no if with this cat. Panther will go back to using a regular litterbox when you are allowed to put corn litter in it and he can move around the whole apartment without assistance.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hehehe. Can't believe I just watched a video of a cat going pee pee. Panther would be so embarrassed if he knew. :lol:

But GOOD BOY Panther. :redheartpump: It's amazing how quickly he's healing and getting his strength back. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the love and care he's getting from his mommy. :redheartpump::petcat:

Hope you both had a peaceful and restful night.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems silly for the vet to not take all of them out the same day. Did she explain the logic for removing some now and others later?

There is no if with this cat. Panther will go back to using a regular litterbox when you are allowed to put corn litter in it and he can move around the whole apartment without assistance.
Oh, no, I didn't mean "if" that way. I meant If healed enough to get the staples out, & cleared to go back to regular litter.
Don't want to jinks it, but he's doing so good, now that I did that little trick with the attract in the sachet. He went to pawing at his bed again when I put him in the crate last night, but then I managed to coacst him into the box again, the praised him & gave treats.
WOke up this morning, & dry bed! Yay! Happy mommy!!!!
TGIF!! Just have the chiropractic office to clean this morning, then going to mine,
( didn't get to go yesterday, wldv been to close to his med time). Have to go pick up more gabapentin at the vets, then home for the wknd! ...of course there's laundry & some cleaning to do here, but I always try to get it done Sat morning, so I have the rest of the wknd to try to relax. 🤞🙏
Hope you all have a good day! TTYL

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehehe. Can't believe I just watched a video of a cat going pee pee. Panther would be so embarrassed if he knew. :lol:
😂

But GOOD BOY Panther. :redheartpump: It's amazing how quickly he's healing and getting his strength back. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the love and care he's getting from his mommy. :redheartpump::petcat:

Hope you both had a peaceful and restful night.
Thank you! Yes,. I'm very proud of him, & keep telling him that.
Well, I only got about 5 & 1/2 hrs last night, but a straight 5 & 2/2. Heard him meow at 5:30, to hen was quiet. Git up for the bthrm, then of course my brain decided I wasn't going bk to sleep.... stupid brain! I told it to be quiet, but it doesn't listen......so got up & made my bed at 6:30, got meds & food ready, fed Honey as well.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So glld to hear these excellent updates about Panther! He is doing so good... and you are also..

I have an extralarge litter box for Geoffrey. It has a cutaway low entrance. I got it from Chewy.

It may work for Panther. I think it is low enough, and has a lot of room for him to maneuver in.

Just a thought!

((((HUGS)))))

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I clicked that link and it came up with some dog food!!! :cringe: Would love to see that box.
I got two very large, very deep boxes with cutout doorways from an indy company years ago -- wish they were still around because these are the greatest boxes. They're called PottyJo. Oh well.
angels mommy angels mommy Another really good idea is to buy storage containers from any of the "big box" stores (like Walmart) and cut the doorway to your preference. I'd sand the opening down to remove any sharp edges. If you can get a completely flat-bottomed one, it's best for cleaning.
GOOD on you and on Panther! 5 1/2 hours would be a nice long stretch for me. And yeah, the overactive brain! When that kicks into gear, it's not a happy picture....But you are very happy knowing Panther is recuperating well!

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That one definitely is NOT low enough for Panther Artie.

It seems litterbox makers exaggerate when they say "low cutout" in their product descriptions, based on the images of cats stepping out. I expected better results in my Chewy, Petsmart, and Petco searches.