Panther has a broken femer!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 This is the Frisco litter box. $10.99 for it.

The Natures Miracle litter box seems to have a lower opening.

I have used both of them. Currently using the Frisco. It is not low in front, but I got it for the size.

Kelly, in the end, it is your decision. I hate to see you pay so much for a box.

7BF13A28-0CF6-4E79-9DB0-BCF4304C7378.jpeg 7BF13A28-0CF6-4E79-9DB0-BCF4304C7378.jpeg 1A4B9F8E-4309-4C8F-A7B0-327B904FCEF4.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 This is the Frisco litter box. $10.99 for it.

The Natures Miracle litter box seems to have a lower opening.

I have used both of them. Currently using the Frisco. It is not low in front, but I got it for the size.

Kelly, in the end, it is your decision. I hate to see you pay so much for a box.

View attachment 397006View attachment 397006View attachment 397005
Thanks, Cindy! Yeah, that looks like a nice big, deep box. Probably not ideal style for Panther right now, but excellent for Geoffrey!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Thanks, but that one still looks pretty high.
Back when I had Angel, he was such a big, long boy too & I used a clear under the bed storage container because it was nice & long. I didn't however think about the fact that I could cut an opening down on the long side, like the one I found on Amazon.
My dad could do that for me. He has almost any kind of tool out on his shop, so I'm sure he'll have a saw that will work well for plastic & sand paper to file smooth.
Thanks for the reminder tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 !

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Thanks, but that one still looks pretty high.
Back when I had Angel, he was such a big, long boy too & I used a clear under the bed storage container because it was nice & long. I didn't however think about the fact that I could cut an opening down on the long side, like the one I found on Amazon.
My dad could do that for me. He has almost any kind of tool out on his shop, so I'm sure he'll have a saw that will work well for plastic & sand paper to file smooth.
Thanks for the reminder tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 !
Clippers used in gardening work, too.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah! So maybe another good choice after all?
I recommended Nature's Miracle because unlike all the litterboxes that just have one side that is a little lower than the other three, it has a real step-in cutout on one end - perfect for a back leg hop. I am afraid otherwise he will need to use a litterbox made for kittens.

Wait a minute . . . Did the company make this box cutout higher in the last 3 years? I know the low cutout on one end was not 5 inches above the floor when I had the exact same thing.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely consider doing what tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 is suggesting and get the storage container and cut the side out to whichever depth you want. Heating the blade a little will help. It will be the end of your problems with finding a litter box that he can use.
They are so easily customized and very much more affordable than a lot of the ones sold for the specific PURRpose. *Sorry. I'm a fan of bad puns and jokes.*

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are so easily customized and very much more affordable than a lot of the ones sold for the specific PURRpose.*Sorry. I'm a fan of bad puns and jokes.*
My favorite jokes are puns! Yeah, purrpose is a good one if you are talking about cat care supplies.

How can they customized for a big feline tripod?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite jokes are puns! Yeah, purrpose is a good one if you are talking about cat care supplies.

How can they customized for a big feline tripod?
By how large, wide, and low you make the doorway. You could make a very wide, semi-circular doorway instead of a rectangular one, and make it as low as you need to.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have continued success with using the box! :cheerleader:
Now that he's on increased gabapentin, he's a lot more chill, so can let him have some outside the crate, blanket time w/ o me being in there, as long as I check on him often. ( Mentioned it to his vet today, & she said was fine, less stress for him).
So between a bath, & fixing his dinner he used it. Tried to come in & he was laying right in front of the door. I said, " Excuuuuse me, move ya big hiney, so I can get in. You want dinn dinn don't you?" 😄
IMG_20211001_171655522.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have continued success with using the box! :cheerleader:
Now that he's on increased gabapentin, he's a lot more chill, so can let him have some outside the crate, blanket time w/ o me being in there, as long as I check on him often. ( Mentioned it to his vet today, & she said was fine, less stress for him).
So between a bath, & fixing his dinner he used it. Tried to come in & he was laying right in front of the door. I said, " Excuuuuse me, move ya big hiney, so I can get in. You want dinn dinn don't you?" 😄
View attachment 397047
Elvis sits in the middle of the doorway a lot. He also throws himself at my feet, right in my pathway, and rolls. This is especially effective when I'm carrying cat dishes. Or en route to and from scooping boxes. Or trying to get to the kitchen to feed them.
Panther looks very svelte in this photo! Of course it's hard to tell from above, but it looks like his swelling is continuing to diminish!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the swelling has gone down quiet a bit.
Hard to believe Tues was just a WK ago he had the surgery, & yesterday a WK he's been home. I took this this morning, & showed his vet today. She said it was looking good!
😁👍
IMG_20211001_075347126~2.jpg

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She said 2 wks, so depending on Staples being removed on the 7th, what she thinks at that point, etc...
I still don't have steps for the bed though. That & his cat tree are the two things I'm concerned about him hurting himself.
My bed is up high on risers, so gives him good room underneath w/ a bed under there too, but if I'm on the bed, he'll want to be too. I have to measure & see how high steps I'll need. The wheels are still on the frame..on top of the risers, so I'm going to get help taking them off this wknd, if I can. That it will bring it down about a couple of inches, but still need to measure.
I don't have any closet rm to put his tree away for safety, & if I turn it around facing a wall/ corner, I'm afraid he'd try to still jump on it, & would be a higher point. Gotta figure that out. If he still needs to be confined, but not crated, I think I'm going to put him in the spare rm, where my massage table is set up. The only time he's jumped up there, is if I was on it. Plus, I can put stuff on it to help discourage that. I have a quilt on it that hangs all the way down ( because it's a queen for my bed) , & he has a blanket under the end of the table he lays on. It's like a little kitty fort. 😸 I think he'd be ok in there, & he'd have a bigger rm. I'd actually love to do that at night anyway, so I can sleep w/ o him being on my bed. It's hard to sleep when he wants to be right up on or against me. I shift around to much. ....and I needy sleep!
so maybe that can become routine, even after.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She said 2 wks, so depending on Staples being removed on the 7th, what she thinks at that point, etc...
I still don't have steps for the bed though. That & his cat tree are the two things I'm concerned about him hurting himself.
My bed is up high on risers, so gives him good room underneath w/ a bed under there too, but if I'm on the bed, he'll want to be too. I have to measure & see how high steps I'll need. The wheels are still on the frame..on top of the risers, so I'm going to get help taking them off this wknd, if I can. That it will bring it down about a couple of inches, but still need to measure.
I don't have any closet rm to put his tree away for safety, & if I turn it around facing a wall/ corner, I'm afraid he'd try to still jump on it, & would be a higher point. Gotta figure that out. If he still needs to be confined, but not crated, I think I'm going to put him in the spare rm, where my massage table is set up. The only time he's jumped up there, is if I was on it. Plus, I can put stuff on it to help discourage that. I have a quilt on it that hangs all the way down ( because it's a queen for my bed) , & he has a blanket under the end of the table he lays on. It's like a little kitty fort. 😸 I think he'd be ok in there, & he'd have a bigger rm. I'd actually love to do that at night anyway, so I can sleep w/ o him being on my bed. It's hard to sleep when he wants to be right up on or against me. I shift around to much. ....and I needy sleep!
so maybe that can become routine, even after.
Cover it with a sheet or other covering. What he doesn't see, he won't be tempted to climb.
We have a platform bed with two mattresses (because I bought all the components of the bed from IKEA at the same time, but I already had a mattress in good condition. I put that one on top of the other one, and will use it until it's worn out. Then I'll have a brand new one ready to use.) so it's fairly high. Suha is 17 and Elvis is 14. The bed frame is a "step" but I wanted something a little bit higher for them to use if they wanted to. I had a single-story condo here that I moved next to the bed. Suha uses it a lot. Elvis jumps right onto the bed, so he doesn't.
IMG_2081.JPG

It works really well for us and I didn't have to buy anything new!