Panther has a broken femer!

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I definitely do NOT want Panther climbing on the quilt because any of his back claws can get stuck. Keep it folded up and horizontal.

Measure the bed from the top of the mattress to the bottom of the frame to see how high the stairs need to be after someone takes off its wheels.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heart For Cats Heart For Cats , Yes, I measured last night from floor to top of mattress & will probably be about 23" w/ o wheels on. My dad is coming over later this morning to help take them off. He was going to build me some stairs ( he did this for a cat they had a few yrs bk.) So just depends on how soon he thinks he can do it, & when Panthers Dr. Gives him clearance for out of the bathroom. If he does, I already found some stick down carpet squares in Amazon I'll cut to put on them for his grip.

He is still dreaming away, but it's getting to my bk laying here. ( Been about an hr)
Think I'm going to have to gentle slide him off soon, so I can get up.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to reach out to a few friends today, & see if they'd be willing to post my GoFundMe on their FB. I'm not on there. ( Just don't have time, & not really interested, but sucks at times like this!)
My sister said she did, but haven't seen anything from it, that I know of.
I've GOT to get some traffic going on it.
🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞🙏

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to reach out to a few friends today, & see if they'd be willing to post my GoFundMe on their FB. I'm not on there. ( Just don't have time, & not really interested, but sucks at times like this!)
My sister said she did, but haven't seen anything from it, that I know of.
I've GOT to get some traffic going on it.
🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞🙏
He looks very happy and content being held! Wishing you both a good, relaxing(?) weekend.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks very happy and content being held! Wishing you both a good, relaxing(?) weekend.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you. He's a lover! 💕
Yeah.. relaxing w/ a ??? Is right!! 😛
My dad came over this morning to help take the wheels off the bed frame, so that's done. From floor to top of bed is still a good 26", so he said about 23" will be good w/ 3 steps..but will have to ask him how big the step up between will be. May need to make them a little shorter, so maybe 4 steps...
Anyway, so when we finished, he got to meet Panther. I held him in the bthrm door & he gently pet him & said hi. Panther seemed ok, so that's good... could also be the gabapentin...lol. ( I think we're going to need that for a while!)
Then my dad went to pick up some pks of water for me while I vacuumed.
Then later, I swept the patio, & mopped.
Cleaned the hall bthrm. All while laundry has been going. I've got a pile on the couch I need to fold now.
Got my comforter done today too. That's always nice. So NOW I'll *hopefully* get to relax later...if "someone" will let me.
Still need to do his compresses today too.
Probably do it when I go give him his 3:00 gabapentin. Then the 2nd later tonight.

I also measured floor to first level on the cat tree, just out of curiosity & it's 21". I think putting it away in the other rm & putting a sheet over it ( good idea BTW) until the vet says he can use it will be best.

Heres the bed, a little lower.
IMG_20211002_125848453.jpg

Here's how close he is to me, being in bedroom bathroom.
IMG_20211002_130004155.jpg

cat tree. 21" to first level.
IMG_20211002_121450752_HDR.jpg

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Three steps are definitely not enough for climbing a 26-inch bed. Panther might be OK with four steps depending on how strong his back leg is.

To relieve stress on his back leg, he needs to be a horizontal scratcher. I would get rid of the cat tree and buy a sisal scratching pad. You can also buy a scratching ramp and see if he will use it sitting down. Don't worry, it costs under $11 and is Prime eligible.

1633198686943.png

Amazon.com: SmartyKat Sisal Angle Ramp Cat Scratcher with Catnip

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know if any of you know/ follow her, but just watched a video with the pet phycic, Laura Stinchfield. She's great. I really like her. I've watched a lot of her YouTube videos.( Also love Danielle MacKinnon)

Just watched this while folding laundry.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I laid down with Panther for about an HR. Think I napped for 30 mins. 😴
He was sleeping when I got up to come out.
fixed his dinner, because it was 5:30. Just went bk in to give it to him, & he was still knocked out, in the same position.
Bless his heart 💕. So....I'm going to take advantage & hop in the tub!
IMG_20211002_174334699_HDR.jpg

"Dem teefies! 😁
IMG_20211002_174345772_HDR.jpg

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwww.. If Panther is lying on his amputated side, then he must be feeling a lot better and comfortable...:yess:

I really cannot believe it, but Geoffrey's cat tree is almost the exact same one that you have! Except I have it a bit taller...

I have to say, that it is too tall for him to use..for a while, maybe by Christmas. It could be a ' new' present to him!!

I think having 4 steps to you bed, is much better than 3. I really do..

You are so fortunate, and I am envious, that your Dad is able to help you, as much as he has.. He is so talented. I could use him around here!! :flail:

I had one of those angled scratchers for Artie.. The problem he had, was that it moved around a lot~~ each time he used it.. but... He was not a tripod....

Geoffrey seems to love love the cardboard flat scratchers.. That could be an option... crouching low and using it....

Kelly, you are doing much an awesome job... You are my hero!! :clap2: I mean it....:grouphug:

I need to pay some unexpected bills, before I can donate to you...

Could you PM me your address? and anything you may want/need from Chewy?? I would be willing to do that...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwww.. If Panther is lying on his amputated side, then he must be feeling a lot better and comfortable...:yess:

I really cannot believe it, but Geoffrey's cat tree is almost the exact same one that you have! Except I have it a bit taller...

I have to say, that it is too tall for him to use..for a while, maybe by Christmas. It could be a ' new' present to him!!

I think having 4 steps to you bed, is much better than 3. I really do..

You are so fortunate, and I am envious, that your Dad is able to help you, as much as he has.. He is so talented. I could use him around here!! :flail:

I had one of those angled scratchers for Artie.. The problem he had, was that it moved around a lot~~ each time he used it.. but... He was not a tripod....

Geoffrey seems to love love the cardboard flat scratchers.. That could be an option... crouching low and using it....

Kelly, you are doing much an awesome job... You are my hero!! :clap2: I mean it....:grouphug:

I need to pay some unexpected bills, before I can donate to you...

Could you PM me your address? and anything you may want/need from Chewy?? I would be willing to do that...
Aww, Thanks Cindy. You're so sweet.
Yes, I am greatful fo my dad's help! He's definitely a handy guy!

Yes, I could start w/ one of those flat scratchers. ( See of he even takes to it). They're only like $5 at Walmart. Panthers a big boy, so he'd probably move it around too. Especially on laminate floors!

I will pm you, but seriously, I know things are tight. You don't need to. Not sure about what I could use / need from chewy, I always use amazing, since I have Prime.
vs/ paying shipping w/ chewy. I would have to look. Thank you for the offer. ❤

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Thanks Cindy. You're so sweet.
Yes, I am greatful fo my dad's help! He's definitely a handy guy!

Yes, I could start w/ one of those flat scratchers. ( See of he even takes to it). They're only like $5 at Walmart. Panthers a big boy, so he'd probably move it around too. Especially on laminate floors!

I will pm you, but seriously, I know things are tight. You don't need to. Not sure about what I could use / need from chewy, I always use amazing, since I have Prime.
vs/ paying shipping w/ chewy. I would have to look. Thank you for the offer. ❤
I mean it... look on Chewy.. I ahve an account with them.. They are owned by PetSmart...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I laid down with Panther for about an HR. Think I napped for 30 mins. 😴
He was sleeping when I got up to come out.
fixed his dinner, because it was 5:30. Just went bk in to give it to him, & he was still knocked out, in the same position.
Bless his heart 💕. So....I'm going to take advantage & hop in the tub!
View attachment 397175
"Dem teefies! 😁
View attachment 397176
I do love me a vampy-toofed panfur!
funny-pictures-bat-transformation-almost-complete.jpg

Petco.com has cardboard scratchers too, as does CatClaws.com, home of probably the original flat cardboard scratcher. We have an angled double-size wood frame we got from them, and replace the scratchers as needed. I also use their catnip to increase the attractiveness. They have various sizes and types of scratchers.