Panther has a broken femer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! Yes, I usually wake up about twice a night to pee anyway. Lol, but can go bk to sleep. It's different w/ this, because I have to usually change his pad, get him to calm bk down, & get bk in the crate....so by then I've lost some time.

Ok, so, the vet receptionist called bk, & they said to stop the buprenorphine for a couple of days, & see if that's what's maybe got him stimulated, & do the gabapentin every 8 hrs, instead of 12.
just got home at 3, ( so gave him one).
& very happy to see that he peed in the box!!! :cheerleader:So I'm a happy momma!!
I patted on the box & said, " good boy, pee,pee in the box, good boy!!" & Gave him treats! I still will keep a pad on his bed, until I know he'll keep doing that. ( He did poop in the box last night, when he saw me peeing. 😄)
I just fed him a FF 3oz can of beef & liver, & he ate it up!.
So let's all hope & pray the gabapentin every 8 hrs will help!
Momma needs a break! ( I'm lucky if I get to eat dinner in peace, & watch a couple shows before bed to relax).
Going to do his warm compress now, so that's all the updates for today, so far.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! Yes, I usually wake up about twice a night to pee anyway. Lol, but can go bk to sleep. It's different w/ this, because I have to usually change his pad, get him to calm bk down, & get bk in the crate....so by then I've lost some time.

Ok, so, the vet receptionist called bk, & they said to stop the buprenorphine for a couple of days, & see if that's what's maybe got him stimulated, & do the gabapentin every 8 hrs, instead of 12.
just got home at 3, ( so gave him one).
& very happy to see that he peed in the box!!! :cheerleader:So I'm a happy momma!!
I patted on the box & said, " good boy, pee,pee in the box, good boy!!" & Gave him treats! I still will keep a pad on his bed, until I know he'll keep doing that. ( He did poop in the box last night, when he saw me peeing. 😄)
I just fed him a FF 3oz can of beef & liver, & he ate it up!.
So let's all hope & pray the gabapentin every 8 hrs will help!
Momma needs a break! ( I'm lucky if I get to eat dinner in peace, & watch a couple shows before bed to relax).
Going to do his warm compress now, so that's all the updates for today, so far.
That's pretty much me anyway. I get up twice a night, or three times if I insist on drinking a LOT of tea right before bed :nono::rolleyes3: and my post-work time is fixing their dinner, cleaning for them, fixing my dinner, cleaning up after that, and in between, I bring my dinner into the bedroom on a tray and "relax" with some nice, calming shows like true crime :shocked:, nature :sigh:, mysteries, or archaeology, old abandoned sites, lost and missing persons -- you know, nice happy fluff like that. Before bedtime it's scoop again, make sure feeding/watering stations are okay, give out treats, get ready for bed and read for awhile to try to get sleepy. I'm generally wired all the time, and have insomnia, and am aspy, so I'm usually laying awake trying to micromanage everything in my head. :sigh: Sometimes I just get settled in and turn the lights out and Baby Su uses the box. Not for peeing. So I have to get up again. But one way or another, we're still here, still working, and still carrying on, right? Right!
SNORGLES, gently, for Panther!:redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump::heartshape:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, you know.....I was thinking 🤔
when my mom broke her femer a few wks ago, people have brought over dinners, ...and my dad is there, & perfectly capable of cooking. (& Both retired) .
ME on the other hand, working my own business, tending to Panther, & barely getting time to even eat, could've really used that! I remember the first couple of nights just eating a quick little frozen dishes, because I literally didn't even have it in me to make a salad! Monday after the vet appointment, I drove through & got a Zaxby's salad. I do have a bag of the frozen masquete grilled chicken breast from Sam's that I love, ( only 3.30 in the microwave) & have been craving baked potatoes w/ that, so made that w/ broccoli last night.

Monday, my dad got & dropped off a lrg bag of the puppy pads for me, & said that my cousin was at the house cutting mom's hair, & brought dinner too.
.......and I thought, yeah, I sure could've used a couple of meals brought over...
People just don't think about that stuff with pets, but it's especially hard when your one person trying to do it all. I know a lot of you understand that too.

So that's my thought for the week. 🤔🙃

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's pretty much me anyway. I get up twice a night, or three times if I insist on drinking a LOT of tea right before bed :nono::rolleyes3: and my post-work time is fixing their dinner, cleaning for them, fixing my dinner, cleaning up after that, and in between, I bring my dinner into the bedroom on a tray and "relax" with some nice, calming shows like true crime :shocked:, nature :sigh:, mysteries, or archaeology, old abandoned sites, lost and missing persons -- you know, nice happy fluff like that. Before bedtime it's scoop again, make sure feeding/watering stations are okay, give out treats, get ready for bed and read for awhile to try to get sleepy. I'm generally wired all the time, and have insomnia, and am aspy, so I'm usually laying awake trying to micromanage everything in my head. :sigh: Sometimes I just get settled in and turn the lights out and Baby Su uses the box. Not for peeing. So I have to get up again. But one way or another, we're still here, still working, and still carrying on, right? Right!
SNORGLES, gently, for Panther!:redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump::heartshape:
😄 Yes, exactly! Except no tv in the bedroom for me, so I eat dinner sitting on the floor, at the coffee table. Despite having a 6 person table! ....and yeah, I usually drink about 4 bottles of water a day, but try to stop at least a half HR before bed. I still get up,but only a couple xs, vs/ 3-4. That would suck!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My folks are no longer here, so I'm on my own like that. My roomies are sometimes generous and thoughtful, and that always makes me smile! but yeah, usually it's all on me. Sometimes I'm beyond tired, but my bottom line is always "If I don't do it, no one will!" so I do it and then I'm done and I can relax (and pat myself on the back for having gone the distance). It used to be different once upon a time. Now, I count any and every little thoughtful gesture, small or large, as a plus.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My folks are no longer here, so I'm on my own like that. My roomies are sometimes generous and thoughtful, and that always makes me smile! but yeah, usually it's all on me. Sometimes I'm beyond tired, but my bottom line is always "If I don't do it, no one will!" so I do it and then I'm done and I can relax (and pat myself on the back for having gone the distance). It used to be different once upon a time. Now, I count any and every little thoughtful gesture, small or large, as a plus.
I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, I do understand the "get it done, then I can relax" mode. That totally me too!
I'm close to my parents. Especially my mom. When the time comes, I'm going to be a puddle on the floor. I literally can't even think about it. 😢
We have such a great, understanding, supportive community here on TCS. It really makes me wish we did all live in the same town. We'd be a kitty support network for sure!! :grouphug2:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also alone.. Parents are gone.. not many friends.
I also have the saying, "If I do not do it, no one else will".. So I kind of plan for emergencies..
I also have the saying: " If I can do it, then anyone can."

Sounds weird, but I have had to learn to fend for myself. I only ask for help when I have either tried and could not do; or automatically know it is beyond my capabilities.

Also:
I learned that I can accomplish an enormous amount under real stress.. Stress and love for someone or something, will make me accomplish anything...
Afterward, I am kind of amazed that I was able to do as much as I did....

Kelly, It really stinks--for lack fo stronger word-- that people/society do not appreciate what we do for our babies with fur..... or how much stress it is for us Caregivers....

((hugs)))

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel you guys, too. My self care this fall is splurging for a bladder coach! We're working on a mixture of lifestyle changes and pelvic/abdominal exercises so that I'm not up peeing multiple times a night once the baby sleeps through. I'm supposed to be drinking 100oz water a day because I'm breastfeeding, but only 10-20oz the last two hours before bed.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for kind thought, angels mommy angels mommy -- I was very close to my parents, too. My mom was my best friend and my dad was my protector and defender. I miss them both more than words can convey, and I pray for them and talk to them all the time. They are watching over me and protecting me now, and I continue to learn from them and live by their examples. I would never be who I am without their raising, compassion, kindness, personal responsibility, caring, and love.
artiemom artiemom Same here. I didn't live here long and didn't have a lot of friends here from those times; one of them passed away unexpectedly from a freak accident, and the others live a very different lifestyle from mine, so we have little if anything in common. So basically, it's my roomies. They are very dear to me, but it's not ideal. We just do the best we can. Baby Su and Elvis are my beloveds! Eight of my beloved cats who were with me when I had to move here have passed; only Baby Su is still here, and I adopted Elvis five years ago. It still feels very empty without them and all of my other beloved ones, but having our roomies here at least fills the space and kind of forces me to be my better self, which is the main reason I invited them to live with us. I don't want to cave into myself to the point that I become anti-social. But I do have so many wonderful memories of other times and places and days with family (of all species) and friends! Your analogy is spot on. I had to change from a shy girl raised in a paternalistic family and background to a woman who speaks up for herself, isn't afraid to fight for myself, and stands her ground when people try to take advantage of her. It's not necessarily comfortable. But no one else will do it if I don't. My mom said, "It doesn't get easier" about life. She was SO right.
But you both are right -- we are a supportive community here at TCS, and it would be amazing if we could get a big cat-loving commune somewhere together and all help each other!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
He woke me up at 1:00 am. I try to let him cry a little, to see if he'd settle, but can't too much, because I have someone above me, & don't want to wake her either.
Do you know the upstairs neighbor? If so, can you go up and explain to her that you have a sick kitty or maybe introduce yourself and let her know this is only temporary? Unless, of course, you don't want her to know about Panther.

As Cindy said, I wish I lived closer and could come over to help so you could get some rest or not have to prepare a meal. I have to confess, I'm not the best cook but I love to bake. Sending you a virtual cake and wishing you a better night's sleep. 🍰🧁🥞

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know the upstairs neighbor? If so, can you go up and explain to her that you have a sick kitty or maybe introduce yourself and let her know this is only temporary? Unless, of course, you don't want her to know about Panther.

As Cindy said, I wish I lived closer and could come over to help so you could get some rest or not have to prepare a meal. I have to confess, I'm not the best cook but I love to bake. Sending you a virtual cake and wishing you a better night's sleep. 🍰🧁🥞
Thanks! I'll take the cake! 😁

Our buildings are only 4 ( old condos built in 1992). Per building, which is nice.
I knew the previous upstairs owner, who is now the landlord. It's two girls, I'd guess in their mid twenties, but very nice. Mature. Both work.
I only had met, & talk to one, hadn't been outside when the other has been coming or going, so hadn't met her, but spoke with her tonight. I saw her coming in, so stepped out to catch her. I said that I was sure her friend had told her about what happened to Panther, she said yes, & I asked if she'd heard him last night, because he cried all night unless I was in with him. Told her I wanted to apologize, that I felt so bad, was worried. Said that I had thought "I'm going to buy those girls some flowers to apologize."

she said, that she hadn't heard anything. Told her I was so relieved. I gave her my card, so she'd have my number.
So I am so relieved!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I had the acupuncture office after cleaning one of my beach clients, so tomorrow I have my acupuncture appt.
( She pays me for one, then we trade for the other). ( Biweekly cleaning).
YAY!! NEED THAT! Then I am probably going to the chiropractor! Especially after all these nights of laying on the bathroom floor, despite my " rigged up beds). Have yoga mats & blankets down now.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I had the acupuncture office after cleaning one of my beach clients, so tomorrow I have my acupuncture appt.
( She pays me for one, then we trade for the other). ( Biweekly cleaning).
YAY!! NEED THAT! Then I am probably going to the chiropractor! Especially after all these nights of laying on the bathroom floor, despite my " rigged up beds). Have yoga mats & blankets down now.
Actually, some people say their backs feel better when they sleep on hard surfaces. Since I'm a side sleeper, this doesn't work for me. Hope your chiro appt/appts is/are beneficial! I had a great chiro who really helped. My roomie recently went to one for multiple appts. and feels a lot better now than before.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, some people say their backs feel better when they sleep on hard surfaces. Since I'm a side sleeper, this doesn't work for me. Hope your chiro appt/appts is/are beneficial! I had a great chiro who really helped. My roomie recently went to one for multiple appts. and feels a lot better now than before.
Yes, I'm a side sleeper too, but often wake up on my back. The floor just doesn't have the right support. Hard to keep the arch out of your low back w/ o your knees being up, so doesn't work.
Unfortunately, I actually have a degenerating disc between L2 & 3. So the appointments help, but it's always there. I have to wear a lumbar support belt when I work, & will often put it on to vacuum at home. I have to take Aleve almost every day, at least once.
I have a tens unit I use every day as well. I wouldn't be able to work w/ o having it!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning. Praise God! The gabapentin every 8 hrs is working! Knock on wood!!!
Wish I could've kept sleeping, was hoping to get to bed right after his 11:00 meds, but as soon as I put him in the crate for bed, he peed it. ( I swear he timed that just to spite me for putting him in. He's done it before. Knowing he has to come right bk out for me to change it. Smart little booger head!!)
So ..had to take him bk out to change it, & after, he started pawing around again, so I put him in the box out in the bathroom, & thank goodness, because he did a big poop!! So, didn't get to bed until 12.
Had to get up for Panthers 7:00 meds. & Fixed his & Honey's breakfast. He did good. Finished up a 3 oz can of blue tastefuls chkn & turkey.

Then went to heat up the rice pk for his compress, came bk, & he peed on the bed I made in there! Can't believe he did that. I told him the box was right there! I have some litter attract left from when I wasn't sure if he knew how to use a box, so I'm going to sprinkle some of that in there, & hope it helps. In the meanwhile, since I caught it right after, I sprayed the foam w/ alcohol, & patted it up w/ paper towels. I think it worked, I keep smelling it, & only smell alcohol. Going to put a pad under the blanket that goes bk on there now too. Then I'll let him bk out for his compress. Well...he's finally settled bk in his crate, so maybe we'll do it later, & I'll go lay bk down for a little bit.
I think the alcohol worked! Still just smell that.
IMG_20210930_074654685.jpg