Our Happy, Ornery, Loving Family

Pansmommy

Life is good. But cats make it better!
Kitten
Purraise
I'm new to The Catsite. So, I feel the need to show off my "babies". Well, Pan is my baby. Cat, yes, that's her name, is my husband's baby. We treat them, as much as they allow us to, as if they are our own children. They are spoiled and rambunctious and loving and noisy and demanding and cuddly. Everything a kitty should be.

Pan is our problem-child most of the time. He was found at a farm my ex-husband and daughter were visiting friends at. He was the only kitten there who looked it just like a himalayan or maybe a ragdoll and I immediately asked if they could get him (we thought it was a her for months) to be friends with Cat. He's about 7 months old and has recently began having the personality of an adolescent male. He loves to cuddle on our laps, chests, next to us, he sleeps next to my husband when I'm at work (night shift). When I'm home, he's gotten too big to share our full size bed, so he stretches out on the floor near our bed. He licks our hair, our faces, gives us love bites. He's just amazing. He follows us room to room and meets me at the door every morning when I get home from work. I am so happy I asked my ex and daughter to go get him for me. received_2092210311028354 (1).jpeg pan_in_the_box.jpg pansits.jpg

Cat is more down to earth. My husband rescued her about 2 1/2 years ago. She was a very tiny calico, mewing in the rain all alone. We figure she was feral or mostly that, as it took him four days to catch her and another week or so of her staying in a kitty kennel and attacking every time he attempted to feed her. We tell everyone that Cat and my hubby saved each other's lives. He is bipolar and schizophrenic and was going through a very bad divorce after an 18 year marriage. She was half dead. They needed each other and are now inseparable. He treats her as if she is truly his child. He's become a great father figure to my kids, but she will always be his first daughter. I tell her thank you daily for giving him a reason to keep breathing so that we would be able to find each other. As far as I'm concerned, she's his guardian angel sent to Earth in feline form. received_2294972810529187.jpeg Cat_couch.jpg Cat_nap.jpg

We make a crazy family, but it's who we are, what we needed and what we will cherish forever. Now, we just have to get them spayed and neutered when the heartland bus comes to town next time. They won't enjoy it one bit. But it's time. It will also create very angry felines for a while, but it's going to be worth it. I'm counting the days. Here's some pics for you to enjoy. Hope youlike them. Cat_sleepy_face.jpg Cat_couch.jpg received_2294972810529187.jpeg received_2092210311028354 (1).jpeg pan_in_the_box.jpg received_2294972810529187.jpeg P.S. The preview is showing double pics. Not sure why. I apologize if it posts that way.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here! Pan is so adorable and fluffy! Cat is gorgeous, and has such a striking pattern! I look forward to you and both of your gorgeous kitties around the forums!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-041434.jpg
Pansmommy, Pan and Cat, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
images.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

What lovely cats you have and thank you for taking them in.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story and introducing us to Pan and Cat. BTW, if you think you have a crazy family then you've come to the right place since we are all "cat crazy." :cutecat: I think you are wise to want to have both cats fixed soon, i.e. it's best for both the cats and their humans. Good luck! :goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pansmommy

Life is good. But cats make it better!
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story and introducing us to Pan and Cat. BTW, if you think you have a crazy family then you've come to the right place since we are all "cat crazy." :cutecat: I think you are wise to want to have both cats fixed soon, i.e. it's best for both the cats and their humans. Good luck! :goodluck:
It's definitely best for our sanity. Cat is terrible when she goes into heat. We were just going to spay only her, but I am definitely fixing them both after Pan's latest growth spurt. He is constantly chasing her around and sniffing her as if she were already in heat. She's not, but I think he's acting like a typical teen and just waiting for it to happen. lmao