Dear Lucy,
IMG_20180519_0001.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

wt1964

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Been almost three months since I started this particular thread. The sobbing jags are becoming somewhat less frequent, but the overall sadness and emptiness remain. I miss my little girl so much. The thought of getting another pet still holds no appeal for me.

I penned this line a few weeks back, when I found myself clutching her little box, and crying:

"As I stand here in my little apartment

I cradle you in my arms,

Trying to replicate how I held you so many times.

And as I stand here all alone, holding you, missing you...I weep."

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Been almost three months since I started this particular thread. The sobbing jags are becoming somewhat less frequent, but the overall sadness and emptiness remain. I miss my little girl so much. The thought of getting another pet still holds no appeal for me.

I penned this line a few weeks back, when I found myself clutching her little box, and crying:

"As I stand here in my little apartment

I cradle you in my arms,

Trying to replicate how I held you so many times.

And as I stand here all alone, holding you, missing you...I weep."
:grouphug::alright::hearthrob::rbheart::redheartpump::grouphug2:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time IS the only thing that helps. You never get over it, you find ways to get through it. I would suggest to do something really nice in Lucy's name. donate to a cat shelter, volunteer with the kittens to socialize them (you have such a loving heart), or pay for the adoption of a older cat so they may have some love in their life. It helps you to feel better about yourself, and II know it would be a wonderful tribute to that little girl.
Your little girl is near. Try not to hide her love in a dark heart filled with grief. She needs her love to be in the sunshine, to be filled with the joy and happiness she always brought to you. Think of all the wonderful things she brought to your life, you were blessed to have had her in it. The sad part is but a small part of her legacy. Don't let her death overshadow her life. The bond you have with her can never be taken from you, use it to bring yourself comfort and to look forward into the future, not back into a past that cannot be changed. My heart goes out to you. I know your grief and share it. Take care my friend......

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I have been considering it. Even though I do not want another pet, I feel like I am fairly starving for lack of any outlet for my overflowing heart, if that makes any sense.
I have a feeling, that if you volunteer, you will be steered in the direction of another one in need, just like you yourself are right now, that your sweet precious Angel girl Lucy will guide you to, if you just relax and let it happen....the signs are very subtle but they are around you my friend, you just cannot notice them right now. She can never ever be replaced in your memory and heart, but caring for another one in need, when you are ready, will help heal that very badly broken heart, and with time you will realize it was meant to be and very much needed, when YOU feel it is ready. But the signs are there, the wheels are already in motion, you will meet another precious little one and start a new chapter of your lives. I know, it happened to me, and countless others I am sure.

I feel for you my friend, I really do.....but keep an open heart and ear for the "signs". :alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I have been considering it. Even though I do not want another pet, I feel like I am fairly starving for lack of any outlet for my overflowing heart, if that makes any sense.
:cheerleader:You are a deeply loving person and it makes complete sense. :heartshape:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Time IS the only thing that helps. You never get over it, you find ways to get through it. I would suggest to do something really nice in Lucy's name. donate to a cat shelter, volunteer with the kittens to socialize them (you have such a loving heart), or pay for the adoption of a older cat so they may have some love in their life. It helps you to feel better about yourself, and II know it would be a wonderful tribute to that little girl.
Your little girl is near. Try not to hide her love in a dark heart filled with grief. She needs her love to be in the sunshine, to be filled with the joy and happiness she always brought to you. Think of all the wonderful things she brought to your life, you were blessed to have had her in it. The sad part is but a small part of her legacy. Don't let her death overshadow her life. The bond you have with her can never be taken from you, use it to bring yourself comfort and to look forward into the future, not back into a past that cannot be changed. My heart goes out to you. I know your grief and share it. Take care my friend......
:hearthrob: :clap::salam: :yeah: :clap2::redheartpump:

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
I, too, have a feeling you’ll meet a special furry soul that grabs your heart if you volunteer and get yourself out there again. Grieving is so hard. It’s one of the most, if not the most, difficult thing you ever go through. I feel for you and everybody else here trudging through life carrying pain. Our worlds changed forever. Much hugs and support....:grouphug:

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I came across your thread when browsing this forum to help my loss. And I've read everything posted here. And I have to say, your cat was the most affectionate cat I've ever seen. Her love for you was incredible. And from what others say, the reason the loss is so great - is because the love was so great. I have nothing to ease your pain except this - Your love and care for her didn't go unnoticed. Whatever you choose to call the Creative Forces that created this world and everything on it, you have earned their love and admiration. The good we do in this world is taken with us. We only own that which we give - and you gave so much. Peace

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I know exactly how you feel! It has been four years today that I lost my precious Mickey and I still cry every single day. The pain never seems to go away. It can be unbearable at times , so I do completely understand how you feel , as well as many others on this site. We have all been there and it is heartbreaking. I only hope you can one day think of your precious kitty with more smiles than tears.
My thoughts are with you and with Lucy as well!

wt1964

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I came across your thread when browsing this forum to help my loss. And I've read everything posted here. And I have to say, your cat was the most affectionate cat I've ever seen. Her love for you was incredible. And from what others say, the reason the loss is so great - is because the love was so great. I have nothing to ease your pain except this - Your love and care for her didn't go unnoticed. Whatever you choose to call the Creative Forces that created this world and everything on it, you have earned their love and admiration. The good we do in this world is taken with us. We only own that which we give - and you gave so much. Peace
Thank you, Artscats. That means a great deal. Thank you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There comes that ONE special soul in our lives that bonds with our hearts and souls in a way that is beyond description. To lose them from our world and feeling the worst of soul destroying pain changes our lives forever. But to have known them, to have truly loved them, is the greatest treasure our hearts and our souls will ever receive........and THAT is beyond forever, that is for eternity!

wt1964

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Time continues to ease my grief, but even 17 months later, I still feel her loss all too well. I shot this video 5 months before she passed. I spent a lot of time at my computer, and one of her spots was on a comfy little towel behind my monitor, when she wasn't in my lap. Sometimes, when I am missing her, I will play this video, and at the 00:11 mark I will touch the screen and caress the area of the bridge of her nose(which I did so many times), and it looks she's responding to my touch.

It was so very difficult to watch her decline in her last 18 months, and the images of watching her quality of life diminishing are still fresh in my mind. I don't invite them, they are just 'there'. Everything I did, I did for her, and I still struggle with the fact that she's gone. Haven't cried in several weeks now, but I am having to wipe away many tears as I type this.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time continues to ease my grief, but even 17 months later, I still feel her loss all too well. I shot this video 5 months before she passed. I spent a lot of time at my computer, and one of her spots was on a comfy little towel behind my monitor, when she wasn't in my lap. Sometimes, when I am missing her, I will play this video, and at the 00:11 mark I will touch the screen and caress the area of the bridge of her nose(which I did so many times), and it looks she's responding to my touch.

It was so very difficult to watch her decline in her last 18 months, and the images of watching her quality of life diminishing are still fresh in my mind. I don't invite them, they are just 'there'. Everything I did, I did for her, and I still struggle with the fact that she's gone. Haven't cried in several weeks now, but I am having to wipe away many tears as I type this.
See bolded on the top paragraph and bolded on the second, and I'll say I'm with you, brother :wave3:
Felt that myself with so many of them in the years past.
I had a horse (a retired gelding barn pet) I swore I wouldn't spend more than a hundred bucks on if he ever got sick because you just don't normally do stuff like that...but we easily went past thousands to try to save him because he was him and he was special, tough, loyal, and had a ton of heart and drive that he wouldn't give up.
Had a little cat that was Queen Bee for over 20 years. She became very ill (assumed kidney failure) and we opted for euthanasia. Terrible thing to have to do. But this little cat gave the vet one last middle finger swipe as a final send off. It makes me teary and laugh a little because they're tough. Way tougher than most people.

Hang in there. Most people in life don't understand those who still grieve a cat after a week, a month, a year, but we do. Those unfortunates who cut us off in mid sentence are either idiots or are just unlucky enough to never have known what unconditional love is...or both.
We're lucky. They're not.

Artscats

Georgie Boy
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know if you believe in animal communicators? Personally, I think some over rate themselves. But I found a lady who told me a lot about George and how he's feeling and where he's at since he passed on. I think she truly has a gift. Meet Carrie