Officially Started Them on Raw!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
PHEW!!!! Big smile from me over this news :D :D I am glad that Callie ate today !!!!!!! I used to serve the Bravo Pork to Wilbur and the cat's all loved it. I have not picked up the pork recently. I have so many other meats I still want to try. Thinking about the Darwin now too :think: Just ordered my Rad Cat from Only Natural - finally. I just wish RC wasn't so pricey. Anyhoo !!!!!!!!!!!! Good news on Callie! :clap:

HEYA!!!!!! When are you going to try the RC Lamb :hyper: ???????

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This morning we had the Primal Beef/Salmon just mixed with probiotics/enzymes and a little water...no other proteins!

Callie ate .6 oz.

Stinkpot ate 1 oz

Darko ate 2.4 oz.  Is it a wonder he's gaining instead of losing! 

Then Stinkpot followed his up with some S & C, and Callie didn't seem to want anything else.  I'm still not satisfied with either Callie or Stinkpot's eating habits right now, but at least they are eating some, and we should get a delivery of two different variety packs of Weruva hopefully on Tuesday, so maybe that will spark their interest!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap::clap: That Primal beef/salmon is working well for your kids!! I still have to try it. I bought the sample bag and will try the beef/salmon soon. SO glad, too, that Callie is eating better. I know it is not as much as you would like. Hopefully the new Weruva will get their appetites going !!!! :nod:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OMG, I'm losing it (still).  I THINK we had raw for the last meal of the day yesterday, but can't remember for sure!  And I think everyone ate pretty well.  Yes, yes, yes.  I just went back and saw they ate 4 oz in the a.m., which means we had 2 oz left over last night.  They ate all that quickly...I just split it up 3 ways and blinked and it was gone.  Followed up by the last can of what used to be their fav that I have been hoarding, and they gobbled that up too (Yay!)

This morning I have them pork only (well, mixed with probiotics and enzymes, naturally).  They ate a total of 3.15 oz.  The boys started with 1 oz each and Callie had .65 oz.  She didn't finish, but the boys did, plus some.  Callie started with NO toppers, then she walked away, so I added toppers, but she never came back.  Maybe pork is so rich she just couldn't handle any more
.  She did eat a little canned stuff, but not much,  The boys each just needed a light sprinkle of WL chicken and they were off and running.  They were all in the same room chowing down today, which is a first, I think.  Almost got a video when Callie decided she was down.  Darn!  Oh well.  All in all, a fairly good morning over this way.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap::clap::clap: Great day for you!!!! :D So glad the bravo pork is a hit for your three !! We SO need these good days to offset the bad :nod: Makes it worth our while when we have good and bad days all mixed together!!! :D

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
LOVE the easy meals!

Does Callie have a bit of the ADD with eating too?
Absolutely!  Doesn't every female cat on this Raw board???

Hey, guess what I discovered today?  Those 1 oz primal portions are NOT 1 oz
.  So where I thought I was doling out 1 oz or 1/2 oz to my furbabies, maybe I wasn't.  Primal comes in rectangles that are supposed to be 1 oz each (or so I thought).  But now that I am mixing pork into the Primal Beef/Salmon, I need to measure my final output.  I couldn't figure out how come my measurements were off, so today I weighed the Primal, and therein was the problem
.  3 of those little suckers only weighed 2.75 oz rather then 3 oz.  So now we know.

Ok, this morning mixed the 2.75 oz Primal Beef/Salmon (haven't heard back from Primal, BTW, on whether they think their beef is safe) with some pork (can't remember how much now) and fed it to the kids.  Before I even got the bowls down, they were playing musical bowls.  I don't even know why I bother to put different amounts in different bowls anymore
.  Darko ended up with Callie's bowl, so I had to scoop some out of the bowl she ended up with and add to his.  Oh brother.  Well, anyway, I got some film of them all eating, but not sure I know how to upload it here.  It's saved on my PC, that's all I know.  And, once again, who ate how much, I have no idea, but all I know is that when it was all over with, the bowls were empty. 

Oh!  And we had 2 raw meals yesterday...I'm just not sure which two.  Bfast, for sure, and I think the last meal of the day.  Right now I can't even tell you which protein they had, but I THINK it was just beef/salmon.  OMG, speaking of salmon, I've got to start eating more before my brain completely turns to mush
(hope it's not too late)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From the sound of it, Sally, you'd better run out NOW to get some Salmon! :eek: (I hope you haven' t been having migraines!!! :cross: ).

But all-in-all, it sounds like things are going GREAT! :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :bigthumb:

As to the :princess: ADD girls... You're right - why'd I even ask? :flail: :lol:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:rofl: ADD all the way with our girls :lol3: OMG Perla - she can hear a pin drop. :eek: Sounds like the kids are eating very well, Sally!!!! :woohoo: So happy for that for you for today :bigmouth: As we know - tomorrow could be another story :rolleyes:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This morning I thought we'd try something new.  While I was preparing their bfast, I just put a small piece of pork tenderloin in each of their bowls to see what would happen.  No one expressed any interest except Callie.  She was mildly interested, but couldn't figure out what to do with it.  (I'd say the pieces were about 1 inch by 1/2 inch).  So, I got out my trust scissors and cut the pieces into lots of tiny bite size pieces (in all 3 bowls), and she liked that much better and ate her's up.  Darko wouldn't even take a sniff, but Tinky kept watching and finally jumped down off the counter and gobbled down his bowl full, then moved to Darko's.  So...I cut up more.  All in all, Callie ate about .10 oz of these teeny chunks, and Tinky had .60 oz.
.  THEN we had the Primal Beef/Salmon.  All 3 chowed down, but, naturally no one ate out of the bowls I had intended, because I wanted Darko to get the most, and he didn't.  Tinky was gong wild for raw this morning, but that's ok with me.  Had to open a can of Weruva to fill Darko up, and Callie had some of that too.  I think Tinky was actually still hungry, but he didn't want any canned (2 different varieties), and didn't want any S & Cs.  But he had at least 2 oz at this meal (and he only weighs 9 lbs), so I'm sure he'll be fine until the next meal!  I think I'll test them on Radcat for lunch.  Exciting times coming up.

Oh yes, they had raw for their last meal last night.  Once again, not sure what (either beef/salmon or pork or both), and they all did very well with it.  DH was watching and was very impressed

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Radcat Lamb for lunch today.  Between the 3 of them, they ate 4 oz, and the strange part is, Darko wasn't enamored with it at all.  It was Callie and Stinkpot who really went to town on it.  I really had to put lots of toppers on it to get Darko to eat his original .55 oz
.  Can you believe it?  We're talking Radcat here!  But you know what that means...the other two really pigged out! 
  Even Callie had seconds!  And Stinkpot had 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths

Hmmmm.  Darko didn't eat well this morning either, at least with the raw.  Maybe I'm introducing too many new things too fast for him.  Two new things today.  Well, tonight we'll be having something familiar (Bravo pork).  Hopefully he'll like that.   

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH SALLY!!!!!!!! Great, great updates here :clap::clap::clap: AND the fact that your DH was impressed, well... that is just impressive in itself :lol2: YAY for the Rad Cat!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, Pipsqueak will NOT eat RC Lamb... NO WAY> but he will gobble up the RC chicken or turkey. Maybe Darko is holding out for the chicken or turkey :cross: SO HAPPY that Callie and Tinky loved the Lamb :woohoo: :clap::clap::clap:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, there has always got to be THAT ONE, doesn't there! :rolleyes: :lol3:

But just GREAT news that Callie and Tinky loved it! :woohoo: And as you say... we haven't ruled it out yet for Darko. Hopefully he'll eat well tonight! :cross:

Sally - you should read back starting a few pages ago. LOOK at how much raw they're eating now! :wow:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Radcat again yesterday for Callie and Tinky, Beef and Salmon for Darko.  My God, can that Stinkpot eat
.  He had 3 oz of Radcat lamb all by himself, and that was the 2nd meal of the day!  I would have given Callie more, but 1 oz was all she wanted (remember, she's a little thing...7 lbs), and I had to actually Flortify it to get her to finish it.  Boy did I hate to do that to Radcat.  Darko had 2 oz of his stuff, and I had to flortify HIS too.  But Stinkpot would have eaten more (I think) if I'd had any left . Jeez, he's insatiable sometimes. 

Found out some good news today.  I called a natural pet store here that supposedly is now selling Radcat (think I mentioned them before) for pricing, and their prices on MOST stuff is better than the internet
.  That means I don't have to pay for shipping
.  The only problem is, they still aren't carrying Radcat, even though the folks at Radcat say they are!  But, I may just have to buy other stuff instead.  Afterall, there are other lambies out there.  Plus they have NV samples, so I can try them.  Since my kids likes NM lamb too, I'm thinking they might like any variety of lamb.  And, this store didn't have the Bravo pork that they like, but they DO sell Bravo, so are ordering exactly what I want and it will be in next week.  In the meantime, I have contacted Radcat once again to find out what the deal is.

Now on to my search for a freezer.  I've decided that I may just look for a stand-up one vs a chest freezer, since it's going in the garage anyway, and height is not a problem.  Why not.  More ice cream for us!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh if you have the room for it, a stand up freezer is SO MUCH EASIER! :nod: We went to Walmart, and I bought some stackable containers to try to make the freezer more organized. It IS easy to use now - but I lost a lot of space with the boxes, rather than everything just stacked in there. But it was hard to find stuff, even if I had general areas where everything went. And when it's pouring rain, or 90 degrees out, I really don't want to have to stand there looking for something. :rolleyes: Out here there were some GREAT deals on craigslist for upright freezers - it's just they usually came with the fridge too, and we just didn't need it.

And, of course, you can ALWAYS use more ice cream! :clap:

I wonder if that store is frustrated that they don't have the Rad Cat to sell yet? I wonder what the problem is? But GREAT news that they can order other things you want!!!! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: they get that Rad Cat in SOON!

And yes - the local pet shop here sells everything MUCH cheaper than online. :nod:

I hope you want Tinky to gain weight.... if he keeps eating lamb like that, you may wind up with a Tinky Ball!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH SALLY!!!!!!!!! I am just cracking up over that fact that Darko won't eat the RC Lamb.... sounds like my Pipsqueak. BUT :woohoo: for the :princess: and Tinky!! :clap::clap::clap: I will tell you that the NV Lamb was not a big hit... it sorta of stinks to me too. Also my cats did not like the S&C frozen Lamb but will eat the FD Lamb... go figure. The NV Lamb is no where close to NM Lamb or RC Lamb. BUT good that your local store has the samples :clap::clap: I just tried the new NV Duck.... a total flop :thmbdwn: Even the Walden and Wendall are not crazy about the duck :shocked: So I am feeding it to Henry.. :lol3: Wilbur won't eat it either. :dk:

OH yeah, I second the stand up freezer.... the chest freezer hides SO much, I often grab cat food thinking it is people food :flail: Laurie !! great idea on the stackable containers :bigthumb: Your SO :einstein: :sun:

OH I still have to try the Primal Beef/Salmon on my crew. Will let you know how that goes after my vacation!! How's the weather in Phoenix??? I have to pack soon :D :sun:

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
High 90s this week
.  I think it's supposed to cool down to mid-90s next week
.  But it's not as humid as Chicago, so it'll probably feel about the same!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:sun: High 90s this week :sun: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: .  I think it's supposed to cool down to mid-90s next week :lol3: .  But it's not as humid as Chicago, so it'll probably feel about the same!
:sweat: :sweat: IS RIGHT!!! I think I can handle the dry heat. Thanks, Sally. Will send a wave of hello energy your way when we arrive at the airport on Monday in Phoenix :D :clap::clap: :wavey:

:vibes::vibes::vibes: For a good meal day today :cross: :happy3:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The Radcat rep called me to discuss why that store doesn't have it even though she shows they ordered.  Seems they ordered and received a case of those cute little 1 oz samples back in March.  The store called me back later and told me they never could find them and have no idea what happened, but could special order it for me, but I might have to buy an entire case of it
So...I'm holding off at least until we get a freezer!  Then, I wouldn't mind gettng a case (it's only 12 1-lb containers), since this store's prices compare to OnlyNaturalPet.

Kids had raw for all 3 meals yesterday

OH, and weign-ins!  OMG...I am in shock.
     Too much digestive enzymes, apparently.  And maybe too much lamb

Callie gained  .7 oz

Darko gained .9 oz

Tinky gained  .7 oz  (he's the heaviest he's ever been, but still under 10 lbs...barely)

Now I might have thought something was wrong with the scales (again!), except that it showed that I had LOST 2 lbs.!!  And I tell you, I would have sworn they had all lost weight.  I mean, they are looking good.  Darko is a big cat, but he's looking kind of svelt, if you know what I mean.  I can see a waistline developing, and can feel muscle...he just feels like he's been working out
.  Still has tht paunch that swings when he walks, but what cat doesn't...his is just a little bigger than most, since he was (is still?) overweight.