Officially Started Them on Raw!

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not HarleyDiva, but I believe she gets those from a local raw food co-op out of Indianapolis. The site is store.rawpaws.org. Not sure if you're in their delivery area which is pretty big.

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not HarleyDiva, but I believe she gets those from a local raw food co-op out of Indianapolis. The site is store.rawpaws.org. Not sure if you're in their delivery area which is pretty big.
That is correct.  They are from Blue Ridge Beef, which does mixes other than beef also.  Check their website, but I think most of their distribution is on the east coast.  They do deliver to Raw Paws, a truckload at a time I think

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Extra, Extra, Read All About it

You'll NEVER believe what has happened over here at our house.  Drum roll please...

TINKY IS EATING BONELESS FRANKENPREY   

I never, ever thought it would happen, and it actually happened by accident.  Yesterday as I was desperately trying to get Callie to eat anything, I offered her a few small pieces of pork, and she left just 2 in her bowl, and they had been dusted in WholeLife beef, which Tinky loves, so he walked right over to her bowl and scarfed them down.  So...today I thought I would actually give him some turkey thighs, since he's on a turkey kick right now.   I didn't over do it, so just gave him one larger piece mixed in with his ground turkey mix, and he didn't really seem to be interested, even left the area and went upstairs to bird watch.  But he kept returning and circling his dish, so finally I cut that piece up into smaller pieces and he dug in. 
Doesn't it just figure, since I just ordered from HT this weekend (to be delivered tomorrow), and didn't order as many boneless turkey thighs as I should have if I'd known he was going to start enjoying them .  But I'm still thrilled beyond words.  Luckily I just ordered Alnutrin with eggshell powder, and just plain old eggshell powder, plus I'm going to order Call of the Wild so I'll have different options to give them.  Darko likes them all, thankfully, and it gives him a variety of tastes other than just the meats.  Let's hope Tinky likes at least ONE of the calcium forms.  I KNOW he likes the freeze dried liver.

So now it's just Callie, who used to be the only one who would eat it. 
   She DID have a few pieces of pork loin,though, so maybe she'll come back around.
  Baby steps...

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woo hoo! That is a big step, not a baby step. I think it's a big hurdle to overcome - the recognition of bigger pieces of raw meat as actual food. I'm happy when Aria chews anything!

Way to go Tinky! Keep it up and make your mommy happy!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: WTG Sally! (Or Callie? :lol3: ). Maybe WTG Tinky!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol3:

I'm sorry you're still battling with Callie. :( But they're getting so much more variety now! :clap: :clap: :clap: That's just GREAT news! :D :D :D