New Here

DarwinsMum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I'm new to the site. My in laws cat recently had a kitten but she ended up abandoning it, (we waited and watched and she never came back to him) so I took him in. I've been feeding him kitten formula every two hours round the clock and making sure to stimulate him so he poops. He seems to be doing great so far, eating well. I did want to ask exactly how many ml a kitten this age (5 days) should be eating per feed? We've just kind of been feeding him until he doesn't want it anymore, anywhere from 5-7ml per feed. Is this too much or too little?
Here's a pic of my little dude. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your new baby is beautiful and welcome to TCS. I would suggest sharing the picture and asking about how much to feed your baby by starting a new thread in the pregnant cats and kittens forum. There are a lot of people in that forum that have experience and I sure would be happy to answer your question about how much to feed. I do not have any personal experience with bottle babies.

Here is a link to another site I found that has a chart about how much to feed bottle babies. This link is for Kitten Lady's website and she has a ton of experience with bottle babies. Hopefully this will help get you started until someone else with experience can answer your question.

Bottle Feeding

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
DBA68B9F-6EF3-4FBC-967F-5C48CE8405CE.jpeg Laura and Darwin, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
9BF76842-C76A-478F-9E6C-2335D61941F5.gif
to you both.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for taking in this little cute baby and for giving him a fur-ever warm and loving home :clap:

Here’s an article to start you off The Essentials Of Kitten Nutrition but for your questions on feeding a 5 day old kitten, best place to post is here in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care

Do take lots of photos of him as he’ll grow up pretty fast and you don’t wanna miss all those baby photos!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Aww! He’s a cute little guy! Thanks for caring for him! I look forward to seeing more pictures of him as he grows!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DarwinsMum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much everyone! I'll definitely post all my questions there!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a cutie! Welcome to you both! I don't usually do much in the Pregnant Cats and Kittens forum, because that is not an area I know a lot about, but I'll be going there for sure to see how Darwin is doing!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Darwin is adorable. What a wonderful thing you're doing for him :)

My fiance and I are currently bottle-raising 2 baby raccoons that were found alone near a downed tree limb after a storm, and a baby cottontail someone found in their field while mowing. It is a lot of work, but will definitely be rewarding for you and for Darwin!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Gray Kitten Welcome.gif

Welcome to TCS. :hellocomputer: Little Darwin is such a cutie-pie: I want to reach right through the screen and snuggle him right up! I'm looking forward to seeing him grow up. :heartshape:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm too old to use the word "Squeeee", but I will anyway. He's so adorable!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a sweet baby. Please do post more photos as he grows so we can watch him along with you :)