Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

New Here And Looking For A Himalayan Female

Discussion in 'Showing and Ethical Breeding' started by The Silent Meaow, Aug 5, 2018.

1. The Silent Meaow

The Silent Meaow Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Jul 30, 2018
    Hi, I am new to this site and have had cats all my life. I used to have Himalayans but my latest cat was a Persian cross, smoke/black Manx that we named Sir Balthazar Waddlesbutt, aka, Mr. B. Unfortunately we lost Mr. B a 2 months ago to vet negligence which is why I am looking for a nice Himalayan female to replace him. We contacted a breeder in Georgia and picked out 2 female Himalayan kittens but problems came up and he could not provide the kittens that I had contracted for. I am waiting for my deposit refund and to start looking again. Can anyone recommend any reputable Himalayan cat breeders? We are located in Arizona so not a long flight away or drive if possible. Thanks!

Mamanyt1953 purraised this.

2. tabbytom

tabbytom Happiness is being owned by a cat Staff Member Mentor

May 12, 2016
    Garden City, Singapore
    A9713F78-62FF-4F95-BF19-47E3A582AB8A.gif The Silent Meaow, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm A43AF14D-F81B-46D7-A123-1DE3BC518768.gif to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
    How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
    Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
    Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

3. The Silent Meaow

Jul 30, 2018
    Thank you! I am looking forward to being a member!

4. lutece

lutece TCS Member Alpha Cat

Mar 8, 2018

5. The Silent Meaow

Jul 30, 2018
    Thank you, lutece. I will check this out.

6. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

Condolences on the loss of Sir Balthazar Waddlesbutt. :alright: RIP sweet boy. :angel:
    If you feel up to it we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you could post a memorial tribute to him.

Good luck finding a Himalayan female. Do come back and post pics of her when you bring her home. :catlove:

7. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Welcome, best of luck with your search, and I am so sorry for the loss of Sir Balthazar Waddlebutt...although I am delighted that I did not die before hearing his name!

You might consider checking here, as well:

Himalayan

[​IMG]

8. kashmir64

kashmir64 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona
    There are a couple of Himalayan breeders in Tucson.
    Their website says Himalayan & Persian. I don't know anything about either breed, so I don't know if the two are usually crossed or if the breeders breed both.

9. lutece

lutece TCS Member Alpha Cat

Mar 8, 2018
    Yes, the two are usually crossed. Himalayan = Colorpoint Persian.

10. The Silent Meaow

Jul 30, 2018
    Thank you! I will check this out. I am still waiting for my money to be refunded by a cat scammer in Georgia. I've been waiting for months. I hope to find a nice female Himalayan soon.

11. The Silent Meaow

Jul 30, 2018
    Thank you, Kashmir. I found one breeder in Tucson but she is no longer breeding due to health issues. My search continues while I wait for my money to be refunded from a cat scammer/breeder in Georgia.

12. The Silent Meaow

Jul 30, 2018