New feral cat - is it Pauli or Paula. / It's Paula and we have kittens.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hate these smart phones!!!!!!They are not so smart
I Iive in a town named "HaveIock." MY "smart" phone kept teIIing peopIe that it was "Have a Iick," which Ied to some interesting conversations! It finaIIy figured it out, and not a moment too soon!

OH, C cat_dad_dan , if you want to keep PauIa, and want her to be indoors (FAR SAFER), here's something that might heIp!

The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside - TheCatSite

and for when the time comes:
"Kittens To Good Homes" - How To Find A Good Forever Home For Your Kittens - TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I may have missed it somewhere but do you plan on keeping Pauli?
The place I am staying at now is a temporary place, I cannot stay here long term, so I am looking for another place. But I am not sure where I will end up. Also I don't know if someone else was taking care of Pauli before I moved here. Though I won't leave Pauli on the streets, that's for sure! I also take care of another stray cat where I lived previously, I visit him on the weekends and feed him, he is also taken care of by a business located there, but during the weekend there is no one there so I go and feed him (but this is a story for another topic ;)). In my imagination I find a nice place in the countryside and have multiple cats haha :lol:

So I don't know how it goes and what will happen, but for now I focus on Pauli and the kittens. :)

By the way, the previous owners of this house also left a rooster, so I also have to look for a new home for this boy. Though he seems to manage just fine with just some food and water outside. 🐓

A picture of Pauli and the rooster when I just came to live there. Pauli and the rooster always hang out together!

PXL_20230625_033314675.jpg

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
The place I am staying at now is a temporary place, I cannot stay here long term, so I am looking for another place. But I am not sure where I will end up. Also I don't know if someone else was taking care of Pauli before I moved here. Though I won't leave Pauli on the streets, that's for sure! I also take care of another stray cat where I lived previously, I visit him on the weekends and feed him, he is also taken care of by a business located there, but during the weekend there is no one there so I go and feed him (but this is a story for another topic ;)). In my imagination I find a nice place in the countryside and have multiple cats haha :lol:

So I don't know how it goes and what will happen, but for now I focus on Pauli and the kittens. :)

By the way, the previous owners of this house also left a rooster, so I also have to look for a new home for this boy. Though he seems to manage just fine with just some food and water outside. 🐓

A picture of Pauli and the rooster when I just came to live there. Pauli and the rooster always hang out together!

View attachment 455412
Oh I thought Pauli found her forever home but at least she has a forever friend- please,if you won't take her will you then do whatever you can to place her with someone who will love her,keeping her happy,healthy and safe indoors....

I know there are some who disagree but imo whoever may or may not have been feeding her outside was not my idea of taking care of her.....I realize they have good intentions but those good intentions lead to 4 little kittens.I believe if anyone truly loves animals then they should learn as much as they can about them -there's so many opportunities to get helpful information....

Glad you care so much to look for help,advice and knowledge and are so proactive

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I thought Pauli found her forever home but at least she has a forever friend- please,if you won't take her will you then do whatever you can to place her with someone who will love her,keeping her happy,healthy and safe indoors....

I know there are some who disagree but imo whoever may or may not have been feeding her outside was not my idea of taking care of her.....I realize they have good intentions but those good intentions lead to 4 little kittens.I believe if anyone truly loves animals then they should learn as much as they can about them -there's so many opportunities to get helpful information....

Glad you care so much to look for help,advice and knowledge and are so proactive
I would love to take Pauli as well as the other stray cat, but I am not sure if they can go well together! The other cat is a beautiful big orange male cat, he is a bit wild though, it took me two years to be able to pet this cat. But this is another dilemma, for another topic. ;)

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
C cat_dad_dan I completely understand your situation. May I ask how soon you are planning on moving?
Also if you are not able to take her can you try to find a fur-ever home for Pauli and the kittens
Also are you in an area where you could find someone with a farm who could take the rooster?
I don't get how people can just leave animals behind.. it is so sad. I'm glad she found you and you were able to help her eith her babies. Thank you so much for doing as much as you can for her while you can.

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also are you in an area where you could find someone with a farm who could take the rooster?
There is a petting zoo nearby, but apparently they only wanted the chickens and not the rooster. If it is possible I would take the rooster with me as well. Though he is very difficult to catch! I live in a very small country, the distance between a farm and a city is very small.

May I ask how soon you are planning on moving?
Not any time soon, it is very difficult to find something nice outside of the city. I will see what opportunities present themselves, this time I was lucky enough to be able to assist Pauli with her babies. :)

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not any time soon, it is very difficult to find something nice outside of the city. I will see what opportunities present themselves, this time I was lucky enough to be able to assist Pauli with her babies. :)
Ok so we have a little time for the babies to get a little older so that's good..
And who knows maybe by the time you move you may have found a place for everyone.
You might even find a place where you can take Mr rooster (I know how hard it is catching chickens and roosters, I grew up on a farm lol) and Pauli if you would like to keep her.
Either way I have a strong feeling you are going to do everything in your power to make sure everything works out 1 way or another.

Again thank you so much for all you are doing for Pauli and the babies, and of course Mr. Rooster lol

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so we have a little time for the babies to get a little older so that's good..
And who knows maybe by the time you move you may have found a place for everyone.
You might even find a place where you can take Mr rooster (I know how hard it is catching chickens and roosters, I grew up on a farm lol) and Pauli if you would like to keep her.
Either way I have a strong feeling you are going to do everything in your power to make sure everything works out 1 way or another.

Again thank you so much for all you are doing for Pauli and the babies, and of course Mr. Rooster lol
Thank you! Yeah, let's hope so! It would be nice to keep one of the kittens as well! :hugs:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to take Pauli as well as the other stray cat, but I am not sure if they can go well together! The other cat is a beautiful big orange male cat, he is a bit wild though, it took me two years to be able to pet this cat. But this is another dilemma, for another topic. ;)
I'm not the best one for those kind of Topics as I Believe just about nothing is impossible where there's a will there is a way- though certainly there are people well equipped for those type of challenges and there's those who are not ..... the problem for myself is I try to avoid getting emotionally involved which I've never been very good at

One step at a time,you are very kind,compassionate and level headed-Ive no doubt you will do what is best for the animals welfare.... pleasure meeting folks like you and you are wise to focus on the present situation.....

Paulie with her rooster friend is really cute- you can always investigate working cat programs-farms,ranches,stables adopting ferals,strays & semi ferals-they probably wouldn't mind a rooster as well....? Just a thought for your orange feral boy....worth a try

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am preparing a room upstairs for the kittens. And I am thinking of putting something in the door opening that the kittens cannot go out, but the mother cat can. Though I guess by week five they will be able to climb over it?

The problems with the room upstairs is that the staircase is near and is open (see picture). So if they manage to get out of the room, then it could be dangerous? Or will they be able to manage? For now I thought to put some tape between the banisters, that they can see through it, but not directly can go through?

What do you think?

PXL_20230727_113732126.jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I am preparing a room upstairs for the kittens. And I am thinking of putting something in the door opening that the kittens cannot go out, but the mother cat can. Though I guess by week five they will be able to climb over it?

The problems with the room upstairs is that the staircase is near and is open (see picture). So if they manage to get out of the room, then it could be dangerous? Or will they be able to manage? For now I thought to put some tape between the banisters, that they can see through it, but not directly can go through?

What do you think?

View attachment 455626
A baby gate,Mama can easily get over a 3ft gate and by the time the little ones can climb over it they'll learn how to use the stairs- I'd put mesh across the open banisters so no one falls through-you can get a roll of plastic screening ,very inexpensive.... probably better than tape?

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This works very well I actually bought some for my brother because he had a puppy and he had stairs with railing it worked great. It is attached by zipties
I don't know how your railing is. I hope this is a good option for you.

Attachments

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two weeks have passed and the kittens are steadily gaining weight. They weigh between 280 and 335 grams. I think that is all within the norm. Pauli is doing ok as well, she takes more time for herself now, more little breaks. View attachment 456067
Awwww so cute. I am happy to hear everything is going well. Have you been able to figure out something for your railing banister for when they become real active?

cat_dad_dan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww so cute. I am happy to hear everything is going well. Have you been able to figure out something for your railing banister for when they become real active?
Thanks! Yes, I bought something similar to the one you sent, together with some zipties (good idea!).