New cat - Cecil

Cecil20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I have joined to post about cats and get any tips with looking after my new cat.

He is a nine week old black and white kitten and I have named him Cecil. I had a cat before named Leo, he was ten years old but got hit by a car and died in April this year. I was devastated but after three months I felt the time was right to welcome a new kitten and I got Cecil four days ago. He has fit right into the home and loves cuddles, being petted and sleeping.

Is there anything I should be doing now that will help for when he is older? I'd like to encourage him to enjoy being picked up and to be a therapy cat for my anxiety disorder.

That is enough for now, I hope you like the pics and welcome Cecil and I to the forum.

Attachments

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!

Cecil is precious! I have a soft spot for Tuxedos. My Sammy is absolutely my best friend in the whole world. He's a snuggly floof! Looks like Cecil is right at home cuddling in your arms!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cecil20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Krienze 🐱

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hello and welcome! :welcomesign: I'm glad you joined the forum to get tips and advice for your new kitten, Cecil. He is absolutely adorable and we love pics. :bicolorcat: I'm sorry to hear about Leo passing away earlier this year. RIP sweet boy.:angel:

The site has many resources that are available and you may want to check out some of these Articles:
Why Do Cats…? A Guide To Understanding Feline Behavior
Also this Article about helping a cat adjust to a new home:
Why Do Cats…? A Guide To Understanding Feline Behavior
As well as this Article about kitten proofing your home:
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips

Best of luck with your kitten, Cecil. :catlove:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
dbd7bae1ce6f4979aeb43e88724f4392.gif

to you and Cecil, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
67027656263d7e97202c7e2079ce9596.jpg

to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so sorry to hear about Leo:alright:

Cecil is adorable! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more photo of them and we have a special thread just for him here in :- Tuxedo Cats ;) and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to and right now, we have a Picture of the Month contest here in :- Featured - COMPETITION: Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Cats amongst Colour

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

allypuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your new kitten Cecil is just adorable and is the same age as my pair! Although we are completely new to cat owning. It's lovely to see others enjoying kitten cuddles and lovin'. Ours have been here a week and we are already so much in love with them both. I am sorry to hear about your previous cat hoe devastating. Hugs.

allypuk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your new kitten Cecil is just adorable and is the same age as my pair! Although we are completely new to cat owning. It's lovely to see others enjoying kitten cuddles and lovin'. Ours have been here a week and we are already so much in love with them both. I am sorry to hear about your previous cat hoe devastating. Hugs.
Sorry should read 'how devastating', can't figure out how to edit a post once posted..arghh! Tehe.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Cecil is totally adorable. :catlove:

Is there anything I should be doing now that will help for when he is older? I'd like to encourage him to enjoy being picked up and to be a therapy cat for my anxiety disorder.
Since you've already suffered the loss of your lovely cat Leo, I would suggest, if possible, you make Cecil an indoor only cat, to keep him safe, and protect your heart from another loss. Here's a couple TCS articles that might be helpful.

How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats) | TheCatSite
How To Prevent Your Cat From Darting Out The Door | TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cecil20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all the replies and kind words.

Cecil will be kept as an indoor cat for the reasons mentioned above and these links will be helpful.

I've not been able to get on much since I posted but I will be around more.

Thanks again everyone.