Naughty Cats

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 283895 View attachment 283894Sombra managed to climb to the top of the main bookcase
Cat behaviorist Jackson Galaxy would call Sombra a "tree-dweller" because she likes to be up high! When we lived in the Mojave, we had a soffit in the living room and Tarifa would jump from the stereo to the curio cabinet and then onto the soffit. She would stroll the length of it.
scan0009.jpg

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learn't a new word, soffit" today. Cats have such a marvellous sense of equilibrium! Recently I caught Sombra walking along a very narrow curtain rod almost touching the ceiling. Fortunately she climbed down the cat tree nearby. She is going to give me a heart attack one of these days. The photo is not very good.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learn't a new word, soffit" today. Cats have such a marvellous sense of equilibrium! Recently I caught Sombra walking along a very narrow curtain rod almost touching the ceiling. Fortunately she climbed down the cat tree nearby. She is going to give me a heart attack one of these days. The photo is not very good.
Cats are usually very sure on their feet, so I hope you don't worry too much about Sombra.
"Soffit" was new to me, too! ;)

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have a pic of this, but Juniper's new trick is to scramble up to the headboard of my bed and 'patrol' there when she gets impatient for me to wake up. It's really quite high for her, and the fear of a small kitten crashing down on my head claws out is good motivation to get out of bed!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a pic of this, but Juniper's new trick is to scramble up to the headboard of my bed and 'patrol' there when she gets impatient for me to wake up. It's really quite high for her, and the fear of a small kitten crashing down on my head claws out is good motivation to get out of bed!
Hopefully Juniper has stable feet. :) There should also be a thread for well- behaved cats. Sombra waits patiently for me to wake up and lie on my back before jumping on my chest to offer her good morning kisses and kneading.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl, is that Big Blue Elvis on the photo? He is lovely. Mewing and grumbling isn't so bad. The pillows were Cucumella's choice at one time but I discouraged her as I was afraid for my eyes. It happened once that she lost her balance and landed on my face. Fortunately I was able to train her to give up the pillows and she finally chose to cuddle against my chest all night long. Sombra never cared for the pillows, strangely enough she spends her nights alongside my legs until daylight when she moves up to my chest and waits patiently for me to wake up.

I think I'm going to start a thread "Naughty cats' good behaviour" or something like that.

Last edited:

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tarasgirl, your cat is gorgeous. Love those dilute shades!

Golondrina, both of my cats have preferred to sleep on my feet, rather than on my head, which is a relief. It's only when Juniper gets restless and comes to "check on me" (e.g. balance precariously on the headboard) that she ventures northward...