tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari You know that wouldn't hold up in a court of law, don't you? :lolup::insertevillaugh:
Sidewinder Sidewinder Oh, IDK -- personally, I have a lot of fun here and consider it one of my best things. It's a great group of people and I'd be proud to know them in "real" life.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's just it... I'd rather hang out with fellow cat lovers on the Internet than hang with the majority of self-centered schmucks I encounter in everyday life. Perhaps it's because I'm an exile from the beach, a lifelong small craft sailor now living far from the ocean... but at the same time, I don't miss that overcrowded seaside ghetto at all, go figure. That feeling stems from being falsely charged in Kalifornia... heller corruption out there in Dago County. One friend keeps trying to convince me to return, but after living in the wilds of Arizona I don't think I could handle living in the city again. Even my best friend whose family ran the first surf shop in Coronado for over three decades, he agrees that the quality of coastal life has dropped like a rock. There's definitely more personal freedom here in the wilds of AZ, and that'll probably keep me here till the day I die. Don't get me started on traffic... I don't miss that coastal insanity one bit, this burg where I live has three stoplights on the main drag, and it's "rush hour" when I see more than half a dozen vehicles on the road. :eek:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's just it... I'd rather hang out with fellow cat lovers on the Internet than hang with the majority of self-centered schmucks I encounter in everyday life. Perhaps it's because I'm an exile from the beach, a lifelong small craft sailor now living far from the ocean... but at the same time, I don't miss that overcrowded seaside ghetto at all, go figure. That feeling stems from being falsely charged in Kalifornia... heller corruption out there in Dago County. One friend keeps trying to convince me to return, but after living in the wilds of Arizona I don't think I could handle living in the city again. Even my best friend whose family ran the first surf shop in Coronado for over three decades, he agrees that the quality of coastal life has dropped like a rock. There's definitely more personal freedom here in the wilds of AZ, and that'll probably keep me here till the day I die. Don't get me started on traffic... I don't miss that coastal insanity one bit, this burg where I live has three stoplights on the main drag, and it's "rush hour" when I see more than half a dozen vehicles on the road. :eek:
"Ever'body gotta be somewhere!" my uncle used to say, and he was right. I'm an urban-born brat who hates cities, especially after three years of Paradise in the Mojave. I've got the desert in my background, and always loved it, but living there spoiled me for living anywhere else. Most people think I'm touched in the head. They haven't experienced what I have. And most people in L.A. Metro are into the trendoid, consumerist, follow-the-"celeb"-leader lifestyle, which I loathe. So I get it.
We had hardly any businesses at all in the community where we lived out there. And I liked that just fine.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And most people in L.A. Metro are into the trendoid, consumerist, follow-the-"celeb"-leader lifestyle, which I loathe.
Yes, it was much the same in Coronado... everybody trying not only to keep up with the Joneses, but to surpass them in every possible way. It grew old pretty fast, especially for a young hand from a military family torn apart by an ugly divorce. Guess that's why I took to small craft sailing in the mid-'70s... $60 per family membership per year at the Naval Sailing Club in Fiddler's Cove on the Silver Strand, with unlimited free use of the daysailers once ya qualified, best deal ever for a cash-strapped family with nine kids. I used to ride my paperbike down there every chance I got, just to get out on the water and escape the rat race. No way I could keep up in any material sense with the Joneses & their competition, better to chuck it all and get closer to nature, aye? :rolleyes:

Nothing in the intervening years & decades ever changed my perspective of that town... or the residents, with the exception of two close friends who still dwell there. Frankly, I just couldn't handle going back there after living out here in the wilds of Arizona... here, nobody judges you by the kind of car you drive, LOL. Jerry Reed said it best in "LORD, MR. FORD!!!" And that buster-@$$ traffic in Dago is literally insane, ya take yer life in yer hands every time ya cross the Bay Bridge... no way I can ever go back to that unholy mess. Desert living has its own advantages, especially high desert living with mountains all around... awesome scenery, heaps of wildlife, zero smog, minimal crime & traffic, a million stars burning brightly overhead at night, the whole nine yards. Plus KITTEHS!!! :petcat:

NO, I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER GO BACK TO LIVING IN THE CITY... AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. :bigeyes:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it was much the same in Coronado... everybody trying not only to keep up with the Joneses, but to surpass them in every possible way. It grew old pretty fast, especially for a young hand from a military family torn apart by an ugly divorce. Guess that's why I took to small craft sailing in the mid-'70s... $60 per family membership per year at the Naval Sailing Club in Fiddler's Cove on the Silver Strand, with unlimited free use of the daysailers once ya qualified, best deal ever for a cash-strapped family with nine kids. I used to ride my paperbike down there every chance I got, just to get out on the water and escape the rat race. No way I could keep up in any material sense with the Joneses & their competition, better to chuck it all and get closer to nature, aye? :rolleyes:

Nothing in the intervening years & decades ever changed my perspective of that town... or the residents, with the exception of two close friends who still dwell there. Frankly, I just couldn't handle going back there after living out here in the wilds of Arizona... here, nobody judges you by the kind of car you drive, LOL. Jerry Reed said it best in "LORD, MR. FORD!!!" And that buster-@$$ traffic in Dago is literally insane, ya take yer life in yer hands every time ya cross the Bay Bridge... no way I can ever go back to that unholy mess. Desert living has its own advantages, especially high desert living with mountains all around... awesome scenery, heaps of wildlife, zero smog, minimal crime & traffic, a million stars burning brightly overhead at night, the whole nine yards. Plus KITTEHS!!! :petcat:

NO, I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER GO BACK TO LIVING IN THE CITY... AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. :bigeyes:
You described it perfectly (high dez)! Although there are a lot of crazy drivers up on the 395 and you take your life in your hands venturing onto it. Then there are the semis on their sides in the high winds. The lightning strikes. And the meth-heads and other various and sundry crazy, hateful and otherwise undesirable types who hole up out there. But I survived!!!

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ran that road many times as a truck driver... a rig with an empty wagon is like a sailboat, very easy to suffer a knockdown in high winds. I always pulled off and parked somewhere when high winds started howling, weather would eventually change and a driver could "catch up" if necessary. Same went for heavy fog, that was dangerous too... and tiring to the driver who tried to run out from under it. :confused:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ran that road many times as a truck driver... a rig with an empty wagon is like a sailboat, very easy to suffer a knockdown in high winds. I always pulled off and parked somewhere when high winds started howling, weather would eventually change and a driver could "catch up" if necessary. Same went for heavy fog, that was dangerous too... and tiring to the driver who tried to run out from under it. :confused:
Yeah. So you know. L.A. people have no idea how different things are up there, and how the weather really does rule our lives up there. I bought a weather station and consulted it before going outside a lot of the time. The weather is very unpredictable and having been caught out in more than one sandstorm, I learned to respect it. We got caught out in some sandstorms that really moved the SUV around, too, out on the Pearblossom Highway. And on the 15 close to the 395, sometimes you could see multiple overturned rigs.

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I got home to a little mess in the house.

DSCN1088C.JPG

Can you help determine which cat caused the chaos?

Suspect #1 - Buddy. Has a mean streak in him at times. Do not touch me, unless I say it's ok. Stay out of my bubble attitude. Has knocked down a plant or 2 before.

DSCN1104C.JPG

Suspect #2 - Ariel. Sweet little girl that like being petted and having her belly rubbed. Never messed with my plants.

DSCN0342C.JPG

My guess is suspect #1 - Buddy. Just look at that guilty face.
Maybe I'll punish him by giving him several pets and as the wife says "smooches" that he absolutely hates.... That will teach him. .

I did get the Tillandsia 'Twisted Tim' plant back in place.

DSCN1123C.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I got home to a little mess in the house.

View attachment 298511

Can you help determine which cat caused the chaos?

Suspect #1 - Buddy. Has a mean streak in him at times. Do not touch me, unless I say it's ok. Stay out of my bubble attitude. Has knocked down a plant or 2 before.

View attachment 298512

Suspect #2 - Ariel. Sweet little girl that like being petted and having her belly rubbed. Never messed with my plants.

View attachment 298510

My guess is suspect #1 - Buddy. Just look at that guilty face.
Maybe I'll punish him by giving him several pets and as the wife says "smooches" that he absolutely hates.... That will teach him. .

I did get the Tillandsia 'Twisted Tim' plant back in place.

View attachment 298513
*The wide eyes have it!*:lolup::insertevillaugh::angelcat::devilcat:*MOI?*

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My about five years old Sombra knows very well what are the forbdiden practices to the poInt of running away before I have even said a word when she sees or hears me coming and she is at whatever she shoudn't be at. And yet she can be so sweet pleasing me in many ways. But obviously she cannot help herself from
trespassing when the sin is too tempting. If, after telling her off, I sit down somewhere, she will come over to me slowly and watching me wide eyed to make sure she will be accepted and once next to me she covers me with licking kisses.
IMG_20180914_104645_BURST001_COVER 1.jpg
IMG_20180716_190445.jpg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My about five years old Sombra knows very well what are the forbdiden practices to the poInt of running away before I have even said a word when she sees or hears me coming and she is at whatever she shoudn't be at. And yet she can be so sweet pleasing me in many ways. But obviously she cannot help herself from
trespassing when the sin is too tempting. If, after telling her off, I sit down somewhere, she will come over to me slowly and watching me wide eyed to make sure she will be accepted and once next to me she covers me with licking kisses.View attachment 298594 View attachment 298595
What sweet pix! And yes, cats are extremely smart and intuitive, and Sombra, besides being beautiful, is at the top of her class! :yess::geekcat:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sombra never gets a chance to climb on the water closet because I keep sure the lids are permanently closed down but she would do so where the bidet is concerned if I didn't keep the bathrooms doors closed permanently. I could never understand cats' attraction to any water "pool" having their own water dish always at their disposal. I cannot even place a flower vase on a table because Sombra would turn it over trying to get to the water. I have to water my plants while she is napping otherwise she will poke her nose in the muddy water. My late Cucumella was the same.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Silver Crazy Silver Crazy Umm, hate to tell you, Stripesides, but you're not gonna catch any desirable "fish" in that "pond" :nono:

golondrina golondrina I do that, too. One time our beloved angel Samuda jumped in the tub when I was in there. He shot back out like he'd been shot out of a cannon. I had to dry off, chase him down and towel him vigorously. *Poor Samuda!* We are on our second Drinkwell cat fountain and I keep several bowls of water around the house as well.