Naughty Cats

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you dustydiamond. I am going to try your system and see if it works for me although it will be more difficult for me to do that with a foot. I'll have to get straight before the warm weather because then I won't have so many bed clothes on the bed. ouch!
At first try using your hand, if she will attack it under the bed clothes, hopefully it will make it easier to realize it's your foot under there. Let us know how it goes.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After yesterday's mischievious behaviour which resulted in my decision to throw away my dear old dry flowers today Sombra has managed to disconnect my computer and completely discharge my battery. It was some time before I realized she had disconnected the plugs on the floor behind the cabinet holding my records and record player. I had to wait for one of my bulding attendants to assist me in moving forward the cabinet to reach the plugs and then, of course, wait for two hours for the battery to be recharged. Phew!

I have now temporarily obstructed Sombra's access to the back of the cabinet with the big wooden high-fi amplifiers and cushions to protecct my connections to my desk lamp, and my record player besides the computer and printing machine. I am scared stiff that she she could electrocute herself messing with the electric cords.

I haven't yet figured out how I'm going to deal with this matter, in the meantime you can see the pic of my messy corner.
P8050927.JPG

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At first try using your hand, if she will attack it under the bed clothes, hopefully it will make it easier to realize it's your foot under there. Let us know how it goes.
Many thanks dustydiamond but I have finally decided to add a folded extra woollen blanket over the bed clothes just for the night. Since then she has lost interest. She lies on it but doesn't attempt to bite it. Hopefully she will forget all about it before the warm weather. It is Winter here at present.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning: 5:30 am windowsill yoga with bonus Blinds-rattling serenade

Looks like itll be a lovely dsy for meowing, napping, and scratching the couch.
20180806_203639.jpg

Alright kitties, streeeetch!
20180806_203449.jpg

Claw hang: only for advanced yoga cats:
20180806_203327.jpg

A little help, here?
20180806_203310.jpg

Just playing, ive got it :)
20180806_203105.jpg

So now that youre wide awake from jumping up to help me thinking im stuck... think you could get up and fill a cat food bowl?
20180806_203400.jpg

I win
20180726_025650.jpg

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After yesterday's mischievious behaviour which resulted in my decision to throw away my dear old dry flowers today Sombra has managed to disconnect my computer and completely discharge my battery. It was some time before I realized she had disconnected the plugs on the floor behind the cabinet holding my records and record player. I had to wait for one of my bulding attendants to assist me in moving forward the cabinet to reach the plugs and then, of course, wait for two hours for the battery to be recharged. Phew!

I have now temporarily obstructed Sombra's access to the back of the cabinet with the big wooden high-fi amplifiers and cushions to protecct my connections to my desk lamp, and my record player besides the computer and printing machine. I am scared stiff that she she could electrocute herself messing with the electric cords.

I haven't yet figured out how I'm going to deal with this matter, in the meantime you can see the pic of my messy corner.View attachment 246247
My goodness she keeps you hopping doesn’t she?! :runaround:
Try some tape to keep her away! I have rolls of every type of tape to keep Butters out of places (or off antiques!) have you tried that? You can put out big loops of sticky side out, or run long strands of sticky side from one side to the other- leg to leg under a piece of furniture and she won’t go under it again! :whistle:

Here I used several things, tape, the Yoda doll is my sons and when low on batteries it talks by itself and she’s terrified of it (so am I haha!) and these picture frames she knocked over once and is petrified of the clattering noise- she now stays off these items! They mean a lot to me which is why I covered them in “no no’s”, she wanted the couch so much she was even stepping on the tape!
The combination has kept her off Mum’s heirlooms :nono:

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Morning: 5:30 am windowsill yoga with bonus Blinds-rattling serenade

Looks like itll be a lovely dsy for meowing, napping, and scratching the couch.
View attachment 246478

Alright kitties, streeeetch!
View attachment 246479

Claw hang: only for advanced yoga cats:
View attachment 246480

A little help, here?
View attachment 246481

Just playing, ive got it :)
View attachment 246482

So now that youre wide awake from jumping up to help me thinking im stuck... think you could get up and fill a cat food bowl?
View attachment 246483

I win
View attachment 246484
:nono:Bad Kitty!!:whistle:
What a stinker lol!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you FlawlessImperfection for your interesting suggestions to control my rascal's misbehaviours. I'm not sure about my ability to put into practise the use of sticky tapes but so far as the electric connections behind the musical cabinet are concerned a carpenter is preparing a wooden shield against Sombra's unwelcome visits.

I adopted sombra 3 months ago and she is supposed to be 4 years old. She was so well behaved at first that I never expected she would eventually become such a terror. On the other hand she is so sweet and gentle that she is also very good at obtaining forgiveness and finding her way into my heart.

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make sure that Sombra's water dish is permantly full and yet if she sees me watering the plants she is determined to try and drink from the wet surfaces as if she were desperately thirsty. I have to water my plants when she is sleeping or busy watching the scenery through the window sitting on her cat tree.

I can't understanD why cats will go after "dirty" water when they have permanently at their disposition a dish of fresh clean water. Cucumella was the same, I had to keep her out of the main bathroom because if there was any water at the bottom of the bathtub, the shower or the bidet she would try to drink it.

Do ALL cats do this? :devilcat2:

Last edited:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make sure that Sombra's water dish is permantly full and yet if she sees me watering the plants she is determined to try and drink from the wet surfaces. I have to water my plants when she is sleeping or busy watching the scenery through the window sitting on her cat tree.

I can't understanf why cats will go after "dirty" water when they have permanently at their disposition a dish of fresh clean water. Cucumella was the same, I had to keep her out of the main bathroom because if there was any water at the bottom of the bath tub, the shower or the bidet she would try to drink it.

Selene would if I gave her the chance. Girl's OBSESSED with water.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Selene would if I gave her the chance. Girl's OBSESSED with water.
So is Gohan! He jumps in the bathtub and licks the drain, begs for faucet water (even with a water fountain and fresh water bowls available), and loves to sit in the shower after it's used. Nothing else, he just sits there looking like a weirdo. Then he jumps on the bed and cons Randall into petting his wet back/tail.

Weird cat.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I make sure that Sombra's water dish is permantly full and yet if she sees me watering the plants she is determined to try and drink from the wet surfaces as if she were desperately thirsty. I have to water my plants when she is sleeping or busy watching the scenery through the window sitting on her cat tree.

I can't understanD why cats will go after "dirty" water when they have permanently at their disposition a dish of fresh clean water. Cucumella was the same, I had to keep her out of the main bathroom because if there was any water at the bottom of the bathtub, the shower or the bidet she would try to drink it.

Hunbun is the same, she'll drink out of my water glass, she'll find a glass of water forgotten on a shelf for a few days with dust in it and start lapping at it like shes just came out of the desert, if i spill water on the floor she'll come try to drink it like "ooh-WATER!"...but i fill her water when i give her wet food, which is 2x a day. THE FRESHEST CLEANEST WATER IS IN HER BOWL. So why is she always trying to drink from random sources that arent even that great? I wash her waterbowl with Dawn every other day and make sure i rinse very well, i know their sense of smell is strong. She gets the bottled spring water i drink, not tap.

I just dont get it.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gwen also was obsessed with 'alternative' water sources. She loved to lick condensation off our glasses and glass water bottles. She also used to stalk the shower, lick the sides of the bathtub, and jump up into the bathroom sink to beg for faucet water. We also caught her drinking out of the toilet a few times before we learned to keep the lid closed. She always had fresh fountain water available, but that didn't really make a difference...unless we added ice cubes. Then, of course, she would beg for ice constantly. Silly girl.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everybody for your replies. At least now I know that going after water sources other than their own at the risk of drinking soiled water is a common behaviour amongst cats.I'll just have to keep the bathrooms doors closed and water the plants when Sombra is sleeping.:devilcat2:

Last edited: