Name Three Things - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
A beautiful sunny Sunday. It's just gorgeous.
The Amazon weenie came yesterday. I had ordered two table runners and put them on this morning. The other ones are in the hamper for tomorrow's laundry.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and made Dear Richard's coffee. I was so tempted to try coffee again, but then thought better of it. I'm just so afraid I won't be able to keep it down.
  • The kids are coming up early afternoon. They'll stay for a while and then visit with Rick's mom. We're telling them to mask up because, while Covid is not in the nursing home (as far as anybody knows), there are a lot of colds and flu stuff going around there. Rick's mom told him to mask next time he visits, although he wears a mask whenever he's there anyway.
  • No Northern Exposure last night. I started watching BBQ Pitmasters and What on Earth just kept switching between the two. Man, some of those meats looked fabulous! Rick came back and watched some with me. He said he'd probably be dreaming of baby back ribs. Decadent. So maybe some Northern Exposure tonight. Or Expedition Bigfoot, depending on what trips my trigger at the time.
Shows like Northern Exposure and Moonlighting were on during the time I was working a 7-day swing-shift at the paper plant. When I worked second shift, I'd miss all of them. We had a VCR at the time, but I never seemed to be able to get caught up with the episodes. When I worked third shift, I would go to bed after dinner until 9:00 when I got up to get ready to go into work. I didn't watch a lot of tv back then because I was working and studying for classes in college. Busy time.
Did ya have to mention baby back ribs? UHHH,I wanted a burger from the dinner thread where you said " burger" .... do you have any idea how many times you get my mouth watering?Now what am I gonna have tonight,the burger does not compare to RIBS!!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
On my second cup of coffee and watching it snow. I should go walk at the mall today but nah. Kitchen cleanup absolutely must be done and then I will just work on the jigsaw puzzle that has been on the table for a few weeks.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turned off greenhouse heat, turned on controls for vent fan and louvers. The sun really warms things up in there.

Himself reconnected the water barrels behind my tool shed while I went around making sure all three spigots were closed. Understand that they are disconnected and emptied for the winter so nothing will freeze.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik , I love you. You make me chuckle! Any time you want to come up for a visit and have meals with us, you are more than welcome!

Our kids came to visit yesterday. And they stayed for an early dinner. I was going to make that meatloaf last night but DS said, "Nope, we're doing pizza and salads. You are not cooking." So pizza and salads it was. With a white coconut cake for me dessert! They got big hugs for that! And we had a great time.
Our DIL and grandson are going to Kenya for a week over Easter; it's a senior trip kind of thing for our grandson. So our son and granddaughter are coming up to us on Easter Monday for Easter dinner. Works for us.
We don't know what happened; the girls allowed us to sleep in until going on 8:00. That never happens. And I was really pooped, so whatever they were doing before that, well, I have no idea. Rick awakened before I did and he woke me up to get ready to go in for my blood work.

So today:
  • I had blood work this morning; that's why we're doing our corned beef today instead of yesterday. All that salt in the beef (even though I rinse it well) is not good for blood work!
  • We're taking the Tucson to the garage for her inspection this afternoon. Then over to Sam's to pick up a few things before coming back home.
  • My sister and BIL are coming over tonight; she is going to help me finish off that white coconut cake!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work (but leaving at 11am)
Drop off taxes to CPA
Pick up birthday card for FIL
Change lightbulbs in porch light
Move nightlight from downstairs bedroom and put in rec room because husband says it's too bright for him to sleep
Decorate for Spring/Easter!!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik , I love you. You make me chuckle! Any time you want to come up for a visit and have meals with us, you are more than welcome!

Our kids came to visit yesterday. And they stayed for an early dinner. I was going to make that meatloaf last night but DS said, "Nope, we're doing pizza and salads. You are not cooking." So pizza and salads it was. With a white coconut cake for me dessert! They got big hugs for that! And we had a great time.
Our DIL and grandson are going to Kenya for a week over Easter; it's a senior trip kind of thing for our grandson. So our son and granddaughter are coming up to us on Easter Monday for Easter dinner. Works for us.
We don't know what happened; the girls allowed us to sleep in until going on 8:00. That never happens. And I was really pooped, so whatever they were doing before that, well, I have no idea. Rick awakened before I did and he woke me up to get ready to go in for my blood work.

So today:
  • I had blood work this morning; that's why we're doing our corned beef today instead of yesterday. All that salt in the beef (even though I rinse it well) is not good for blood work!
  • We're taking the Tucson to the garage for her inspection this afternoon. Then over to Sam's to pick up a few things before coming back home.
  • My sister and BIL are coming over tonight; she is going to help me finish off that white coconut cake!
I love you too my friend and ya better watch out- once I get a new knee I just might take you up on that and I'll really make you laugh in person!Even I think myself a " character" !!!! Hahaha

You realize now I'm salivating just hearing about that corned beef- now where in the world am I going to come up with a corn beef n cabbage dinner- that means tomorrow before my Drappt I've got to go to the grocery store & COOK,ugggh- you did it again!!!!And I've still not reordered my NFG because I can't make up my mind on which one I really want!

Wow- Kenya!Good trip- you're visit from the kids sounds like it was wonderful- so good to hear of beautiful family time❤

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Wow!! Kenya!! amazing where these kids are visiting for school trips!!
So glad you had company!! No cooking and got your coconut cake!!

Very busy week, this week....
This morning was up and out early, early, to drop my car off at the body shop, get a rental, and now I am home..
I do not know how I did it, but I got a Mazda 30 Crossover as a rental! I really like it. Good height for me. I feel comfortable in it. It has almost 50,000 miles on it. Have it for 3 days or so. I put some more gas in it.. and got an iced coffee.

Tomorrow is Geoffrey's IMVet appointment. Fingers crossed he has been having it rough lately..

Tonight, the dining room is having Corned Beef and Cabbage! good meal for a change! and Irish Pudding, whatever that is...

Should go and start my day..

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting and sadly watching my two front trees being cut down. They are boulevard trees that were once beautiful fifty year old ash trees but have died from emerald ash borer disease. The city is finally taking them down and I am stuck in the house until they finish clearing it all. They have been horribly messy as they were dying and it will be nice to get rid of that.

I could be doing something useful but just drinking coffee and watching them work.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So I finally got cleared from oncology to have one total knee replacement!!!!YAY Got my date-April 18th

This morning 1st appt with cardiolist for pre- op clearance

2nd appt with my primary Doc who will organize and order all the pre-ops required( blood ,cat scan etc) and set it all in motion- she's fantastic

3rd thing - pay my phone bill at Metro

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been around much this week as we've been busy with other stuff. Still working on the steps; it's a long process, but hopefully, should be done by the end of this weekend. Or pretty darn close to it, I hope. Oncology appt, blood work, all that good stuff.
Rick got up with the girls this morning and then left for his walk. Molli and I got up around 8:30. It's very crisp outside this morning.
  • There's not much going on today, other than house work and working on those blasted steps.
  • Change the bed sheets
  • I'll probably get the laundry ready tonight to do a few loads tomorrow morning.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Already unloaded the dishwasher and put the breakfast stuff in. Stripped my bed and need to get it washed and put back on. Already cleaned my bathroom and dusted my bedroom. Just waiting for my youngest to get up so I can change his bedding and clean his bathroom.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Already unloaded the dishwasher and put the breakfast stuff in. Stripped my bed and need to get it washed and put back on. Already cleaned my bathroom and dusted my bedroom. Just waiting for my youngest to get up so I can change his bedding and clean his bathroom.
Wish I had a " klunick" at my house ❤

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much really needs to be done today. I gave the living room a quick dusting just to say I did something productive.

I also used the Chom Chom on the top and front of the cushions of the loveseat as there was a bit of cat hair on them. It's Gracie's favorite spot to lay and since she's been upstairs since Friday afternoon, she has been there a lot.

Yesterday the cats got their nails cut and given their monthly dose of Revolution Plus. Churo Lickables as their reward as usual.

Hockey comes on at 12:30 so maybe after the game, I will do a quick vacuum around the house to again feel a little more productive.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Spent the day watching it snow and working on a puzzle. When I couldn't sit any longer went down and organized the freezer. Not a lot to throw out, mostly just moving things around and refreshing myself on what I have or might need. Brought a tub of chili up for dinner because it’s a perfect day for it.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Spent the day watching it snow and working on a puzzle. When I couldn't sit any longer went down and organized the freezer. Not a lot to throw out, mostly just moving things around and refreshing myself on what I have or might need. Brought a tub of chili up for dinner because it’s a perfect day for it.
I haven't had a nice bowl of chili in ages,thanks for that idea- might just make some tomorrow 👍 Love it hot n spicy

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Taxes today. This is the last major thing to be done, this month.. Man, I will be so happy when today is over; Then, life can, hopefully, return to the normal chaos.
Been so stressed, that I have been eating so much.. nibble nibble nibble.. and not small nibbles.. large nibbles.