Name Three Things - 2024

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 We really like potatoes done in the NFG. Chicken pieces, too. I wonder if it's different with a whole big oven than it is for a small NFG. Probably is. Keep working with it!
  • General straightening-up in the kitchen and bathroom
  • Placed vegetable orders to Burpee and to Guerney's for the garden
  • Working on dinner right now
I haven’t used the oven much because it is terribly noisy and really gets on my nerves. Fingers crossed that after tomorrow’s service visit it won’t be as annoying.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My goal yesterday was to do some landscaping, but when I started trying to rake away landscaping rocks, I got out of breath and felt weak. I ended up not doing anything yesterday. I was still experiencing the same thing today, so I took a trip to the ER. I'm fine, just dehydrated apparently. I didn't do much else today but watch YouTube and then throw the ball for my dog.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls and Molli and I lounged until 8:30. It's raining, so it's a good day to stay in bed for a while.
  • One large load of laundry
  • Shredded a bunch of paper
  • Trash night tonight

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry this morning and the first coat of poly on my coffee table top. I should be waiting but was just dying to see how it looks. I really need to wash the kitchen floor but I have been saying that for the last few days.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls this morning. He's cleaning litterboxes before he goes out for his walk. Molli came back to bed and we cuddled for a while before I dragged my lazy butt out of bed.
  • Change the bedsheets and wash the dirty ones. I need to wash the blanket that's been on the couch, but keep putting it off.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, wipe kitchen and bathroom
  • General straightening-up around here. We finished up the egg custards and the little dishes were on the counter. Rick took them out of the dishwasher, but didn't know where they went. I put them away, along with a few other things in the kitchen.
  • It's time to put all the snowmen stuff away and get what little spring stuff I have out. I don't have much. I might end up going from winter to summer as I have a few sunflower things.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A few loads of laundry, the last coat of poly on my coffee table top, a trip to two different Targets looking for a new Scotchbrite disposable toilet cleaner system and a trip to two dollar stores looking for paint brushes. Tomorrow I will start applying poly to the table base.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
On Thursday, my list of three things included swiffering, vacuuming, etc. That was BEFORE I read about the PET scan on Friday and realized that I was to not do strenuous activity. Rick was not amused when he came home from his walk and realized that I had changed the bedsheets and was working on laundry. "Sit down, woman! Don't do anything!" According to him, changing bedsheets, vacuuming and such was strenuous. *long, drawn-out heavy sigh* So nothing really got done, other than changing the bedsheets and folding laundry.

So I really want to clean a bit today:
  • Vacuum, swiffer, and wipe kitchen and bathroom
  • I'm tearing the basement apart. I have a pitcher with sunflowers on it and I haven't been able to find that thing in over a year. I'm finding it today, if it's the last thing I do!
  • We're going out for dinner with friends. I'm a little nervous. They've not seen me with my cap (or seen me bald, for that matter). And the wigs are a PITB to work with. Yeah, I know....they won't care. But I do.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
On Thursday, my list of three things included swiffering, vacuuming, etc. That was BEFORE I read about the PET scan on Friday and realized that I was to not do strenuous activity. Rick was not amused when he came home from his walk and realized that I had changed the bedsheets and was working on laundry. "Sit down, woman! Don't do anything!" According to him, changing bedsheets, vacuuming and such was strenuous. *long, drawn-out heavy sigh* So nothing really got done, other than changing the bedsheets and folding laundry.

So I really want to clean a bit today:
  • Vacuum, swiffer, and wipe kitchen and bathroom
  • I'm tearing the basement apart. I have a pitcher with sunflowers on it and I haven't been able to find that thing in over a year. I'm finding it today, if it's the last thing I do!
  • We're going out for dinner with friends. I'm a little nervous. They've not seen me with my cap (or seen me bald, for that matter). And the wigs are a PITB to work with. Yeah, I know....they won't care. But I do.
you will look like a movie start!!!!!!!!💕

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sanded off the last coat of poly I put on my table yesterday because it looked horrible this morning. I know I have been pushing the correct temp to apply it but squeaked by til yesterday. Too cold and dusty in the basement so I have to be patient and wait for warm weather. I think I am going to do general clean up and pick up today.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Picked up coffee machine cleaning tablets yesterday so I will run its cleaning cycle today. Its descale light has been flashing at me for a days now. Did a pretty decent cleanup yesterday including a hands and knees desnagging of the living room rug with a scissors. The girls use it as a big scratch pad but I buy these cheapo bound rug remnants just for that purpose so they leave the furniture alone. I just keep periodically cutting off the snags so it looks okay and toss it when it doesn’t any more.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Starting in the days of covid there's a once a month, hour long family zoom which our daughter set up. Yesterday's zoom . . . was mostly uninteresting to me. A nephew's wife will be attending a mediators without borders event at the UN and was wondering if anyone nearby could host a young man who wants to attend. She's already set. My sister-in-law meant to tell us that she would be busy and not attend but forgot, so sent an e-mail in the evening. Daughter-in-law who worked 19 hours/week at her local library has retired. She is now selling some of her books on Pango. Our daughter will not "attend" the next family zoom meetings in March and April but will set them up for the rest of us.

You get the picture. Himself did stay until the end but I did walk out before it was over yesterday. Am I an old grump if I don't zoom in any more?

Today I stripped the bed, sheets are in the washer, and unloaded the dishwasher that I started running on my way up to bed last night.
No ,you're not an old grump - not at all - if zoom was my only option to connect with anyone - I'd opt out myself,it's not my thing and I'm not a grump at all

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Man, it is cold, snowy, and blustery!

I cleaned the house fairly well yesterday, so not much going on today. Was out in the Shed to check on the plants. One of my cacti is blooming again; that's the third time this season. Only four plump buds, but I'll take them.

Had a great time with friends last night. Dinner was so good and we were able to catch up on things for quite a while. It was nice.
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty, made Rick's coffee, and went back to bed. Losing the hour, plus a very restless night equals pooped, plain and simple. Got back up about 90 minutes later (that nap helped a lot), scooped the litter boxes
  • I'm doing two loads of laundry today. I have four doctor appts on Monday, plus bloodwork, so it will be a day pretty much spent in the hospital for various things. Bleah
  • Must run to the grocery to pick up a couple scripts. I'm out of cranberry juice, too.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
After rowing yesterday I cleaned up my workshop area - used brushes, dozens of bits of sandpaper and a whole lot of dust removed and tools put back in their places. Today is visiting the dementia aunt to get what I need, I hope, to do her taxes. She lives only a few blocks from my fav thrift store so I am sure I will visit there afterwards.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, we went to Lowes for paint for the stairs and a few other things. Came home and I ordered some things from Amazon, which should come on Friday. The order from Guerney's was supposed to come on Monday, but it came in yesterday. That's the strawberry tower, so once it gets warmer, we can put it together and plant more strawberries.

We decided on a dark grey paint for the stairs and black for the sides of the stairs. I ordered some nice non-slid treads for the steps, too, along with a matching indoor pad at the front door.

So today...
  • I want to do a good cleaning in the computer room today (while Rick is working on the stairs). The floor needs a good cleaning with Bona, but if I can get everything else cleaned back here, I can move furniture around tomorrow morning, Bona the floor, let it dry for the morning, and then move things back. I think I can get most of it done without getting too tired. Rick will help me move the furniture. I can dust, wash windows, straighten things up a bit, etc.
  • We have to take Clarence into the garage for his inspection. We'll take him in today and he'll be inspected tomorrow and we can pick him up.
  • Get laundry ready tonight to do tomorrow morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I did the cleaning in the computer room yesterday. Got everything moved around, washed windows, dusted, did a thorough vacuuming, then Bona'ed the floor. Left the room and shut the door, so the floor could dry. And then did the same thing in the bathroom. I didn't need any help from Rick as he was sanding the steps in the living room. I managed. And it looks good.
Woke up around 4:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I guess my mind was working overtime.
  • So, at 6:45, I got up gave the girls their breakfast, took my meds, and went back to bed. Slept until 9:00.
  • Finish the vacuuming in the rest of the house and do a swiffer. Change the bedsheets.
  • Three loads of laundry
  • Bring Clarence home after his inspection.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I did my taxes, sorted thru the mountain of paperwork and bills I brought home from my aunts, figured out what needed to be paid and got the checks written. Today I need to bring it all to the post office and go thru her tax papers so I can start her return. I am hoping to to a couple loads of laundry as well.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I did the cleaning in the computer room yesterday. Got everything moved around, washed windows, dusted, did a thorough vacuuming, then Bona'ed the floor. Left the room and shut the door, so the floor could dry. And then did the same thing in the bathroom. I didn't need any help from Rick as he was sanding the steps in the living room. I managed. And it looks good.
Woke up around 4:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I guess my mind was working overtime.
  • So, at 6:45, I got up gave the girls their breakfast, took my meds, and went back to bed. Slept until 9:00.
  • Finish the vacuuming in the rest of the house and do a swiffer. Change the bedsheets.
  • Three loads of laundry
  • Bring Clarence home after his inspection.
Wow- sounds like everything is spic n span- yay! Such a good feeling when it's all finished!

I want to ask how Clarence got his name- lol( I name all my rides too btw)