Name Three Things - 2024

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I discovered that my heated water dish was frozen solid. The heating element is ancient so I assumed it had died but decided to check the extension cord and it was dead. Before I replaced that I decided to check the outlet outlet itself and it had no power. On my hands and knees in 31 degree temps trying to figure out if the circuit was popped and how to reset it. Finally a light came on and back in business. Poor squirrels had to wait another hour for the water to thaw.

Mall walk afterwards and then major shopping at the grocery store. I tend to forget what I need unless I do a slow wander down every aisle. Time consuming but there was so much I needed. As I was standing in a long checkout line I realized my blood sugar was nosediving so I had no choice but to tear open a candy package from the shelves and eat it while waited. Need to put purse size candy packets on my next shopping list.

Last edited:

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today -Saturday-Yay it's the weekend---
Cleaning the bathroom cupboards and drawers - questioining my sanity - 2 blow dryers, two sets of hot rollers, 7 hair brushes, way too many tubes of lipstick that are so so so the wrong color, enough bandaids to donate to the military, 5 cans of hairspray - all the same hold all practially full - exactly why do I have this much stuff?
Finish up the office have to figure out a flat round rug for the center - so not my alley - interior design - buy and hope for the best.
Vacuum up the messes I have made.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not planning on doing much today or at least not much. It's a beautiful sunny day and I'd like to walk around the yard a bit.

I took the nausea patch off and started in with the pills again. The patch did nothing for me. That was an expensive experiment.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made Rick's coffee and went back to bed. Got back up around 9:00.
  • Clean out the fridge. I have a bottle of strawberry margarita that needs to go. It will be a cold day in Hades til I'm allowed to drink any alcohol at this point. Might as well get rid of it. Darn it.
  • Check the plants in the Shed and check the daffodils and crocuses. The daffodils were getting ready to bloom, but I'm sure the snow put a quick stop to that.
  • Hit the pantry in the basement to do a quick check of what's there and what we need. I want to count my jars of pickle relish, too. We may need to plant a few cucumbers this year. Or zucchini.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's going to be a lovely day. The daffodils are up and it won't be long til they bloom!
And speaking of blooming, in the Shed, my African violet is budding out. It's the only one I have left out of five. The cacti are done flowering.
We're waiting on the delivery service to call us to give us a window tomorrow for the chairs to be delivered.
  • I have the first of two loads of laundry in the washer.
  • Just finished swiffering the kitchen and living room floors. When Rick comes back from his walk, I'll vacuum. Meanwhile, I swiffered in the kitchen and living room. And just general straightening-up. Nothing big.
  • Wipe the bathroom down.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Starting in the days of covid there's a once a month, hour long family zoom which our daughter set up. Yesterday's zoom . . . was mostly uninteresting to me. A nephew's wife will be attending a mediators without borders event at the UN and was wondering if anyone nearby could host a young man who wants to attend. She's already set. My sister-in-law meant to tell us that she would be busy and not attend but forgot, so sent an e-mail in the evening. Daughter-in-law who worked 19 hours/week at her local library has retired. She is now selling some of her books on Pango. Our daughter will not "attend" the next family zoom meetings in March and April but will set them up for the rest of us.

You get the picture. Himself did stay until the end but I did walk out before it was over yesterday. Am I an old grump if I don't zoom in any more?

Today I stripped the bed, sheets are in the washer, and unloaded the dishwasher that I started running on my way up to bed last night.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We did get rid of the couch yesterday. The guys who brought the chairs came and I asked them if they were from around here and they were not. I was going to ask them if they knew of somebody who could haul it away. When I said that we didn't expect anyone to do it for free, he said, "OK. You're talking my language!" We paid $50 for them to take it. Worked for us. We really like the chairs. So do the cats!

What a rainy day today. It's been pouring and thundering on and off, bringing in that cold front. I'm glad it's rain and not snow.

And it's a good day, not to do anything. Which is exactly what I'm planning on doing. Nothing.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Odds and ends today. I put in a request for a warranty service appointment for my new stove. It cooks and baked well but the oven fan is unusually loud and annoying. I brought my coffee table in progress upstairs so I can make sure the height and stain look right in the living room and will just leave it up here until I am ready to poly it. I also had my son over for dinner.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to go into Boston for an appointment. It is cold and very windy out. I do not feel like driving. I am going to call an uber.

Have a ton of trash to throw out...
Need to do a quick vacuum
medicate Geoffrey
nothing else is planned.... slowly getting strength and endurance back from having the flu... Man, it really wiped me out.. I guess having asthma when getting a virus is really bad for me...

Yesterday, I did go down to play Corn Hole. I was completely exhausted and SOB... came upstairs, doing nothing for the rest of the day.. I did try to nap with Geoffrey...

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I may have missed it, but have you tried to air fry anything in your new oven?
artiemom artiemom :hugs: I really hope you start to feel better. That flu has been kicking your butt and then your asthma on top of it.

Rick is out for his walk. On his way back, he's stopping at our neighbor's to see their new bathroom floor. He's been helping them with molding and baseboard and such, going over to measure, then bringing it all back over here to cut it the pieces to the lengths they need.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made Dear Richard's coffee and went back to bed. Got back up around 8:30.
  • Two loads of laundry this morning. Taking forever for the towels to dry.
  • I swiffered and then did a quick vacuum about the house.
Rick's mom called; she wondered if I'd be making hot cross buns. Probably, but not right now. I'm thinking in another couple of weeks. Easter is at the end of March this year.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , I have tried air fry twice and the jury is still out. The first time I used the wrong pan and didn’t have the oven calibrated correctly so it turned out just sort of like a baked thing. The second time I used the correct pans to make some potatoes. They were okay but I think I could have had the same outcome If I had simply baked them. I will keep playing with it though.l

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since it's going to be a very comfortable temperature this weekend, I decided that this weekend is the weekend when I excavate my front yard for the French drain I'm installing and the rain garden I'm adding. My goal is to get the French drain done today, or at least dig the trench and move some of the rocks to the front yard. I'll also need to go to Home Depot later to get a few things that I couldn't find the last time I was there. Then I will more than likely take a shower after all of the work.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Since it's going to be a very comfortable temperature this weekend, I decided that this weekend is the weekend when I excavate my front yard for the French drain I'm installing and the rain garden I'm adding. My goal is to get the French drain done today, or at least dig the trench and move some of the rocks to the front yard. I'll also need to go to Home Depot later to get a few things that I couldn't find the last time I was there. Then I will more than likely take a shower after all of the work.
Wow! Big job. I have toyed with having someone come in to out in drainage for me but just have never gotten around to it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 We really like potatoes done in the NFG. Chicken pieces, too. I wonder if it's different with a whole big oven than it is for a small NFG. Probably is. Keep working with it!
  • General straightening-up in the kitchen and bathroom
  • Placed vegetable orders to Burpee and to Guerney's for the garden
  • Working on dinner right now