Name Three Things - 2024

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik I bought Clarence brand new back in 2001. I had ordered a PT from another dealer. About a week later, I saw an ad in the newspaper. Called down to that dealer to see if he was still available. When they said he was there, I said, “Don’t sell him! I’m coming right down!“ Got in the car for a test drive and he was Clarence from that moment. I bought him on the spot and Rick drove him home. I don’t know why. I love that car.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik I bought Clarence brand new back in 2001. I had ordered a PT from another dealer. About a week later, I saw an ad in the newspaper. Called down to that dealer to see if he was still available. When they said he was there, I said, “Don’t sell him! I’m coming right down!“ Got in the car for a test drive and he was Clarence from that moment. I bought him on the spot and Rick drove him home. I don’t know why. I love that car.
I love that story-next year he will be officially a classic" Classic Clarence" WOW,that's a big deal🚗❤

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I didn't get the vacuuming done yesterday. Rick wanted me to wait until he was done sanding the top level of steps. But I finished up the laundry and got things fairly cleaned in the kitchen.
It's really rainy and bleak today.
  • One of my orders from Amazon should arrive today. In that order are two spring-ish table runners. One is for the sideboard and the other is for the hutch, both in the kitchen. So when they get here (which may not be until later on tonight), I'll remove the red runners, dust everything well, and put the new runners down. And throw the red ones in the laundry. I swear I had two runners with sunflowers, but can't find them.
  • We hit Giant for a script for me and for corned beef for Monday. Yes, SPDay is Sunday, but we're doing our corned beef on Monday this year. I waited to buy the beef, hoping Giant would come out with their coupon this week. They did and it's good for 3 days. I'm looking forward to our corned beef dinner on Monday, but really looking forward to the Reuben sandwiches on Tuesday! Yum!
  • Talk to one of my GFs about getting together. It's been a while since we've seen them. She said she'd like to spend some time with me. Problem is her wife is allergic to cats, so they can't come here, unless we go out to the Shed. We'll probably just go out to dinner.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You did great susanm9006 susanm9006 ! It looks gorgeous! Well done.

My Amazon order didn't come yesterday. Checked the update and it said that now it's to be delivered today. Hope so.
Rick is still working on the upper level. He plans on putting Kilz on this morning after he comes back from his walk.
  • Hopefully, at some point, I can vacuum and swiffer in the living room.
  • General straightening-up around here, nothing big.
  • I'd like to start watching Northern Exposure tonight.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
You did great susanm9006 susanm9006 ! It looks gorgeous! Well done.

My Amazon order didn't come yesterday. Checked the update and it said that now it's to be delivered today. Hope so.
Rick is still working on the upper level. He plans on putting Kilz on this morning after he comes back from his walk.
  • Hopefully, at some point, I can vacuum and swiffer in the living room.
  • General straightening-up around here, nothing big.
  • I'd like to start watching Northern Exposure tonight.
i loved that show👍

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your kind words on my project. You just never know how it will turn out until you apply the stain. Yesterday afternoon I lined the inside and now it is great storage for batteries and remotes.

Today one last basement cleanup and returning everything to its storage spot and probably I will get more laundry done.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I got up early because

There's an electronics disposal day today. Having mistaken the date I've been riding around with a moribund computer and a box of bits and pieces in the back of my car for a week. Arrived early (there's always a line of cars for these ever popular events) and they were already unloading vehicles. Happy St Patrick's day - edge forward, stop where indicated, back of car opened, computer out, "Box also ma'am?" and quickly removed when I said "yes."

Before I even left home I unloaded dishwasher and

Emptied better than a day's worth of used kitty litter lumps under my tool shed where I noticed it looks like a woodchuck (or do you call them groundhog?) moved in. If this does not evict the critter I'll move up to mothballs.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I got up early because

There's an electronics disposal day today. Having mistaken the date I've been riding around with a moribund computer and a box of bits and pieces in the back of my car for a week. Arrived early (there's always a line of cars for these ever popular events) and they were already unloading vehicles. Happy St Patrick's day - edge forward, stop where indicated, back of car opened, computer out, "Box also ma'am?" and quickly removed when I said "yes."

Before I even left home I unloaded dishwasher and

Emptied better than a day's worth of used kitty litter lumps under my tool shed where I noticed it looks like a woodchuck (or do you call them groundhog?) moved in. If this does not evict the critter I'll move up to mothballs.
That should do the trick - Cayenne pepper works like a charm,ooooh do they hate it - also vinegar..... things like moth balls,crushed garlic and ammonia as well but I avoid anything that can potentially harm a passing kitty cat❤

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
Was sick but getting a bit better so I
- went to the store to buy new shampoo
- tested the new shampoo, my hair is so shiny now
- played some games with my cat on my lap :)
Things I will probably do
- do the dishes
- watch something
- play some games with my girlfriend

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I'm not planning on changing out my St Patrick's Day decor for Spring/Easter decor until tomorrow, I am not going to dust the living room until then. Only on my agenda today is to use my Crosswave on the kitchen floors.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A beautiful sunny Sunday. It's just gorgeous.
The Amazon weenie came yesterday. I had ordered two table runners and put them on this morning. The other ones are in the hamper for tomorrow's laundry.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and made Dear Richard's coffee. I was so tempted to try coffee again, but then thought better of it. I'm just so afraid I won't be able to keep it down.
  • The kids are coming up early afternoon. They'll stay for a while and then visit with Rick's mom. We're telling them to mask up because, while Covid is not in the nursing home (as far as anybody knows), there are a lot of colds and flu stuff going around there. Rick's mom told him to mask next time he visits, although he wears a mask whenever he's there anyway.
  • No Northern Exposure last night. I started watching BBQ Pitmasters and What on Earth just kept switching between the two. Man, some of those meats looked fabulous! Rick came back and watched some with me. He said he'd probably be dreaming of baby back ribs. Decadent. So maybe some Northern Exposure tonight. Or Expedition Bigfoot, depending on what trips my trigger at the time.
Shows like Northern Exposure and Moonlighting were on during the time I was working a 7-day swing-shift at the paper plant. When I worked second shift, I'd miss all of them. We had a VCR at the time, but I never seemed to be able to get caught up with the episodes. When I worked third shift, I would go to bed after dinner until 9:00 when I got up to get ready to go into work. I didn't watch a lot of tv back then because I was working and studying for classes in college. Busy time.